What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.04 for Mixon? (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
Dynasty, 0.25ppr, 28 active roster, 8 IR, 10 taxi 

Rbs - Ajayi, Booker, Drake, Williams/Jones, Martin. Taxi - Jonathan Williams. 

I am a bit short-handed at RB after trading away expensive older RBs. I would use the 1.04 to grab a RB in the draft, but I am also considering trading the 1.04 for young rb. 

Would you trade away the 1.04 for Mixon? Or draft an RB in this class? (or go after a different RB?)

I would give 1.04 for Mixon as well.  You aren't getting Barkley or Guice with that pick so I believe Mixon has the most upside vs the next tier of rookie RBs.

If you believe in Mixon then I would go with the somewhat known commodity.  If you don't keep the pick.  It's a fair deal either way and depends on how you view Mixon.  I don't have a lot of confidence in Mixon mainly because I didn't see him play much.  I would probably keep the pick.

Mixon is probably the safer option but who would you think is going to be available with the 1.04 pick?

Right now I have would have a hard time deciding between Mixon and Guice. after the draft that could change. So right now give me Mixon. 

beerbuff said:
Mixon is probably the safer option but who would you think is going to be available with the 1.04 pick?
The 1.01 will be Saquon, already talked to the 1.01 owner. Depending on landing spot I think Guice is 1.02. The owner of the 1.03 needs rbs so Sony Michel or Ronald Jones II, Chubb is a maybe. Calvin Ridley, Kerryon Johnson, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, James Washington, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, D.J. Moore... Who would you take at the 1.04?

The 1.01 will be Saquon, already talked to the 1.01 owner. Depending on landing spot I think Guice is 1.02. The owner of the 1.03 needs rbs so Sony Michel or Ronald Jones II, Chubb is a maybe. Calvin Ridley, Kerryon Johnson, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, James Washington, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, D.J. Moore... Who would you take at the 1.04?
I would be fine with Michel or Jones in that spot - whichever is left.  If they are both left then whichever is in the best landing spot after the NFL draft.

I would be fine with Michel or Jones in that spot - whichever is left.  If they are both left then whichever is in the best landing spot after the NFL draft.

Would you rather have Mixon or Michel/Jones? 

Or would you wait until after the NFL draft for a trade like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you rather have Mixon or Michel/Jones? 

Or would you wait until after the NFL draft for a trade like this?
The pick will only increase in value as you get closer to the NFL draft.  Once landing places are known people will pay more for the pick because they have a specific player in mind and will want to move up to get them.

I haven't seen a lot of Mixon and his numbers/usage last year weren't inspiring.  I would hold off and wait until you know what is likely for who you may want at 1.04 and then compare them to Mixon.  But this approach is mainly because I don't have a lot of confidence in Mixon.  If you do then I have no issue with pulling the trigger on the deal.

The draft pick would be a shiny new toy. Based on hype factor, Mixon had more hype going into the draft last year than Michel/Jones. You know what you'll get from him which based on last years numbers won't get you many wins. I'd take the chance on a draft pick, at worst you'll probably get Mixon type numbers anyway.

Dynasty, 0.25ppr, 28 active roster, 8 IR, 10 taxi 

Rbs - Ajayi, Booker, Drake, Williams/Jones, Martin. Taxi - Jonathan Williams. 

I am a bit short-handed at RB after trading away expensive older RBs. I would use the 1.04 to grab a RB in the draft, but I am also considering trading the 1.04 for young rb. 

Would you trade away the 1.04 for Mixon? Or draft an RB in this class? (or go after a different RB?)
I think right now the pick is worth more.

Users who are viewing this thread