What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup Draft Results (2018) (1 Viewer)

What a surprise...Quick Doggies in ANOTHER FFPC league.  He seems to join every league I join. I don't know if I'd have gone OBJ right there...probably too volatile for me.

What a surprise...Quick Doggies in ANOTHER FFPC league.  He seems to join every league I join. I don't know if I'd have gone OBJ right there...probably too volatile for me.
and he has a weird draft going.  Rodgers, Wilson, and Wents, and a bunch of old players.  

skinfanjon said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the board and didn't see a topic for this.  Does anyone have any startup drafts completed for this year yet?  I have a big one coming up in May and would love to see some results.

Here is a link to a slow draft FFPC that is in round 13 right now: http://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=BA3-A3A3B98ED1EF

Lets share some data...thanks!
Thanks for sharing.

This is a best ball league so maybe some slight variations in how this draft plays out.

*(first round of above draft)

T. Gurley

E. Elliott

O. Beckham

S. Barkley

D. Hopkins

L. Bell

A. Brown

D. Johnson

A. Kamara

K. Hunt

L. Fournette

D. Cook

I know it's a best ball but interesting to me to see where rookies are slated relative to veterans. I don't think it always matches up so well but interesting.

For example Drake and Ingram went ahead of rookie pick 3. Can you imagine dealing one of them and getting pick 3 in return? I can't. Crowell ahead of pick 4. No way he gets you pick 4.

Always odd to me how people don't value players the same in a startup as an existing league. I recall back in 2015 draft a team in a FFPC league of mine had 3 late first round picks. I had 11 players I was targeting and kept trying to trade up to get one of those 11 until they were gone, which in fact ended with my last offer for pick 11. Main bait I was using was Emmanuel Sanders who was coming off his huge 2014 season. This team rejected me at every pick, finally telling me they just had no interest in Sanders, and it was not position or age specific just not interested. About a week later I saw a startup draft this team was in and they took Sanders in round 3 or 4, when only 4 rookies had been drafted which would have slotted Sanders value as pick 5 but in our rookie draft he shot me down hard for pick 11. Never made sense.  Not sour grapes, in fact the guy saved me from myself since most of those players I was going after sucked, just one of many observations on the disparity between rookie values in a startup vs a rookie draft.

I know it's a best ball but interesting to me to see where rookies are slated relative to veterans. I don't think it always matches up so well but interesting.

For example Drake and Ingram went ahead of rookie pick 3. Can you imagine dealing one of them and getting pick 3 in return? I can't. Crowell ahead of pick 4. No way he gets you pick 4.

Always odd to me how people don't value players the same in a startup as an existing league. I recall back in 2015 draft a team in a FFPC league of mine had 3 late first round picks. I had 11 players I was targeting and kept trying to trade up to get one of those 11 until they were gone, which in fact ended with my last offer for pick 11. Main bait I was using was Emmanuel Sanders who was coming off his huge 2014 season. This team rejected me at every pick, finally telling me they just had no interest in Sanders, and it was not position or age specific just not interested. About a week later I saw a startup draft this team was in and they took Sanders in round 3 or 4, when only 4 rookies had been drafted which would have slotted Sanders value as pick 5 but in our rookie draft he shot me down hard for pick 11. Never made sense.  Not sour grapes, in fact the guy saved me from myself since most of those players I was going after sucked, just one of many observations on the disparity between rookie values in a startup vs a rookie draft.
It would probably have been better if that owner had said something like, in that league he's going to rebuild or something, or just didn't need a wr2. But I'm in many leagues where I have limited or no interest in players I want in other leagues.

Totally agree on your main point.

Thas why "tanking" year one is a great strategy.  Trade back, draft all young, collect future picks as well.  Almost impossble not to work when every other team wants to win right away.

It would probably have been better if that owner had said something like, in that league he's going to rebuild or something, or just didn't need a wr2. But I'm in many leagues where I have limited or no interest in players I want in other leagues.

Totally agree on your main point.
Don't think he said that because I don't think either was the case. He was not rebuilding and was on the hunt for WR's.

Well, I took Drake over Chubb because I'm pretty high on him.  Think he's a better ppr option unless Chubb ends up in a dream spot.  

I agree in principle with menobrown though, which is why I ended up with Penny, DJ Moore, and Kirk.  Those are my three favorite rooks in this draft aside from Barkley and Guice and I got them for much less than I'd be willing to pay.

Now can someone else please post some draft results??? 

Trying to prep for my very expensive startup draft.  I joined this league purely for market research.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thas why "tanking" year one is a great strategy.  Trade back, draft all young, collect future picks as well.  Almost impossble not to work when every other team wants to win right away.
IF you have the capital to throw away the first couple years...the $500 and up I'm in, I can't afford to tank the first year.  Plus, you better damn well hit on those late picks and future 1sts you traded for or you might as well sell your team in year 3 or 4.

IF you have the capital to throw away the first couple years...the $500 and up I'm in, I can't afford to tank the first year.  Plus, you better damn well hit on those late picks and future 1sts you traded for or you might as well sell your team in year 3 or 4.
I did it in a $750 league for FFPC, and year 2 I was in the playoffs.  I had accumulated many appreciating assets that I was set for several years to come even if I was hit with injuries.  Year 3 I had the only 13-0 team in FFPC history.  It wasn't cause I drafted "great" either, I  had just accumulated so much value during the startup draft and during year 1 that I was able to trade for some studs the very next year. 

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and didn't see a topic for this.  Does anyone have any startup drafts completed for this year yet?  I have a big one coming up in May and would love to see some results.

Here is a link to a slow draft FFPC that is in round 13 right now: http://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=BA3-A3A3B98ED1EF

Lets share some data...thanks!
Thanks for posting this! I’m doing an FFPC $500 League startup draft on 5/5, post draft. Landed the 1.1 pick. Excited to see if I can maximize value on it....

Always interesting to see what people think.

Draft is just a few picks from being over. First and second round picks were included in the initial draft, 3rd and 4th reverse from the original order.

QRRWWWTSFFD

Mine: 

Goff, Jared LAR QB

Lynch, Paxton DEN QB

Peterman, Nathan BUF QB

Webb, Davis NYG QB

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 

Booker, Devontae DEN RB

Clement, Corey PHI RB

Crowell, Isaiah NYJ RB

Pumphrey, Donnel PHI RB

Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR

Brown, Noah DAL WR

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

Stewart, ArDarius NYJ WR

Taylor, Trent SFO WR

White, Kevin CHI WR

Williams, Mike LAC WR

Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Gathers, Rico DAL TE 

Henry, Hunter LAC TE

Howard, O.J. TBB TE 

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def

I went young and was able to pick up an additional 19 1st and 2nd.  Roster looks kind of ugly until I add Barkley, probably Guice. Not real sure what 7, 12 and 17 end up being but I think this is a good year to have late firsts in superflex.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=26921&O=102&SORT=LAST_BID

12 team auction start-up stil in the process. This one was kind of odd because the draft had to be restarted twice. First time it went about halfway before a bunch of guys dropped out, second time we had an hour of hard bidding on studs before somebody who confirmed then dropped. So it seems like the studs may have gone a little higher with people already knowing what they'd have to pay and knowing who was in on each player.

FFPC Underway

1.1 Hopkins

1.2 Gurley

1.3 Zeke

1.4 Bell

1.5 Barkley 

1.6 OBJ

1.7 AB

1.8 DJ

1.9 Evans

1.10 MThomas

1.11 Kamara