What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
What are your favourite Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley songs?  

It's super obvious but I really really love Portions for Foxes.  From the same album, I'll nominate Does He Love You and It's a Hit.  These three songs (listed in reverse order here) make up one of the best three song intros to any album out there IMO (and it might not even be the best RK album). I lean heavy on Take Offs and Landings, The Execution of All Things and More Adventurous. I love all the instrumentation in them and I think they have the most guitars ... but I'm kind of hoping for some recommendations from the earlier/later stuff but a :wub: fest for those albums would be perfectly fine by me as well. 

What's yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I've listened to it but I enjoyed her Roots turn on the album she did with The Watson Twins.  I don't think it turned out to be a good career move but it was a clean break from Rilo Kiley.

The only time I ever saw her live was at a Glen Campbell tribute at the Hollywood Bowl.  She was one of the few performers who sounded like she'd rehearsed her numbers.  I remember she sang a duet with Jackson Browne but it's not on YouTube unfortunately.

Rilo Kiley is one of those bands I've always felt like I should love more than I do.  For some reason I can't listen to them without envisioning Blake Sennett on Salute Your Shorts when I was a kid.

Ha, funny this topic gets bumped today.  Just yesterday found out about a (free) music festival on September 15th in St Augustine, FL that St Paul and The Broken Bones will be playing, and as a bonus to them Jenny Lewis will be there, along with Kurt Vile, The Growlers, GZA, and Son Volt.  Gonna be a good day

Users who are viewing this thread