What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Iran - Democracy Movement, The Nuke Deal & The Future (1 Viewer)

I guess I was wrong. This sounds pretty permanent, anyhow. What a disaster. 
The US has found Iran in compliance.

When Macron met with Trump he said he was encouraged by recent attempts by our negotiator from the White House, Brian Hook, to toughen the inspection regime. According to the French Trump replied that he had no idea what he was talking about.

We don't even get leverage out of this.

Obama did it....it must be good.

Trump undid it....it must be bad.

Iran goes nuclear in ten years...it will be a good thing.

Who would ever make a deal, any deal, with a country that is run by its religion....a religion that says that teaches that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences" or "gain the upper-hand over an enemy".

Islam and Lying

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay

digby‏ @digby56

Oh man. CNN now reporting that he administration is saying Iran is on the cusp of invading Israel.

All those who predicted Stock Market issues if Trump won the election were spot on. They just weren't immediately correct but a lot coming to pass lately. 
oil is going to spike after the Iran deal, tariffs are going to cost low/middle class Americans more on things they purchase as well as farmers who sell overseas...all self imposed that the majority of the gov't and Americans do not want and don't feel it's in our best interests.  I hope the middle class still has that few hundred bucks from the HUGE tax scam....they're going to give it back at the pump.

oil is going to spike after the Iran deal, tariffs are going to cost low/middle class Americans more on things they purchase as well as farmers who sell overseas...all self imposed that the majority of the gov't and Americans do not want and don't feel it's in our best interests.  I hope the middle class still has that few hundred bucks from the HUGE tax scam....they're going to give it back at the pump.
I'm pretty fired up about gas prices doubling. 

Is Trump purposely trying to cost Republican congressmen and senators their jobs?  November is going to be a blood bath. 

I suspect that public opinion will support President Trump. Bellicosity, refusal to compromise, going against peace, and particularly going against whatever Europe wants is always popular with the American public, always has been. Not to mention that we’re talking about Iran here, whom most Americans perceive as a bunch of Arab terrorists. Look for Trump get a bump in his approval ratings. 

Is Trump purposely trying to cost Republican congressmen and senators their jobs?  November is going to be a blood bath. 
I understand what I'm about to say here - but Democrats simply cannot muck up the midterms. The Republicans are gift-wrapping them major talking points without even uttering the words Donald J. Trump.

I suspect that public opinion will support President Trump. Bellicosity, refusal to compromise, going against peace, and particularly going against whatever Europe wants is always popular with the American public, always has been. Not to mention that we’re talking about Iran here, whom most Americans perceive as a bunch of Arab terrorists. Look for Trump get a bump in his approval ratings. 
Please do the poll for the average worker when he pulls into the gas station and has to pay double the price due to what happened today.

He doesn't care about anyone but himself...he has no strategy, no grand plan.  He goes by his gut and feel and let the facts, consensus, logic, common sense be damned.  He's going to sabotage the one thing, the economy, that he inherited and was humming along.  Sky high gas prices just in time for the summer travel season....

This has to work right into Russian's hands no?  As an economy built completely on natural resources and having economic issues due to lower oil prices this has to be music to their ears...coincidence?

until they fill up their cars at the gas pump which impacts every American except for the Tesla owners....

Current polling goes the other way and it's not particularly close.

I'm sure the U.S. will have a lot of trust from other countries when negotiating deals going forward. By all accounts, Iran is keeping up with their promises. Our country is the laughing stock of the global stage right now. This guy can't leave office soon enough. It may take years to get our reputation back and fix the damage this clown has done.

so what's the plan when the US puts sanctions on oil and Japan, Korea and China continue to buy oil from Iran as they do today?  How good are those sanctions going to be?  are we then going to sanction those countries (our allies) or enter into a trade war with them?  How about our European allies?  We just continue to isolate ourselves and put us on an island....MAGA.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is a cynical place. The world had huge oil interests in the Sudan and did nothing to stop the slaughter of animists and Christians in the South because of the world's oil interests. They'll do the same with Iran, even letting them develop nuclear weapons at the price of trade. 

We need to lead the way on this. Now, does that mean revoking the Iranian deal? If the AP reports are correct, it's essentially a self-monitored situation between Iran and the IAEA, so this isn't the tragedy or travesty this thread is making it out to be. 

It's a bad deal. Personally, I would use diplomatic tactics to ensure compliance with the deal's more striking provisions. Anything to ensure Iran isn't going nuclear.  

This is smart of Iran - 

BREAKING: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has confirmed Iran will continue the nuclear deal members of the P5+1 even without US. (State TV)
It's smart of Iran because they get the appearance of diplomacy with none of the compliance. 

It's actually rather quite genius of them.  

Mohamed Yehia‏Verified account @yeh1a

FollowFollow @yeh1a

More

Iranian president Rouhani: "Iran will be conferring with the world's two super powers, Russia and China"

11:46 AM - 8 May 2018
We had a good run as a global leader.

Well done 'Merica.

Users who are viewing this thread