What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 SSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the praise guys.....thats the kiss of death.

In hindsight i should of taken edelman over jamies and took eli or bortles at the next set of picks...i can see me snagging eli as my qb2 in alot of redrafts this year

Bass.....with ingram suspended four games and leveon holding out...a slow start for him coming....could be a quick exit for you.

I dont like that doyle pick either

Last edited by a moderator:
4.14    Cam Newton CAR QB7   4
5.03    Kirk Cousins  MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos.  ;)

1.03    David Johnson ARI RB3   9
2.14    Jerick McKinnon  SFO RB14  11
12.14 Latavius Murray MIN RB52  10
13.03 Austin Ekeler LAC RB53    8
17.03 Tavon Austin DAL RB63  8

Punted RB for 10 rounds…need top 2 to do the heavy lifting and above avg ROI.  Maybe Murray can still steal some GL carries.  Cook probably shouldn’t be carrying all the mail next year right? So maybe Murray will get a few series or help run out the clock if MIN gets a lead.  I expect Ekeler’s PT to increase, and like his ability to catch the ball and involvement in 2-4 minute offense. I was drinking heavily at the time I drafted Austin, so I really can’t be held accountable for that.  Made that turn really late at night and also don’t think I really realized it left me with only one pick left. I gotta quit drinking. Anyway, Austin is currently listed as a RB, but I think there is a chance he gets switched back to WR on MFL, and Bass says we have to just go by whatever MFL says whenever.  So not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing wherever he ends up.  Maybe my WR could use the help by then. But either way, I’m not really sure why I even drafted the ####### guy.

3.03    Stefon Diggs MIN WR13   10
7.03    Dez Bryant DAL WR36      ?
8.14    Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR46    10
9.03    D. J. Moore, D.J. CAR WR48  4
11.03 James Washington PIT WR63  7
16.14 Anthony Miller CHI WR83  5

Worried about being only 6 deep unless my swing man Austin comes in to save the day. Dez not having a week 10 bye would be nice. Let’s go rookies! Not sure what I was doing here.

6.14    Trey Burton CHI TE11  5
10.14 Vance McDonald TE24 PIT 7

Should probably challenge for one of the top TE duos.

15.03 Sebastian Janikowski SEA PK23 7

Starting a new trend of trying to implement what will be known as the zero place kicker strategy.

14.14 Seattle Seahwks DST14  7
18.14 Washington Redskis DST31 4

Only one of them share a bye week with my PK, so at least I got that going for me. 

Overall: never ever I had a draft where I got sniped so much so I am blaming it on that and the booze.   :banned:

Team BnB

QB: Rodgers, Tannehill, Flacco - Flacco was probably a stupid pick that will doom me.  I couldn't let a starting QB sit on the board in the 13th round.  Wasn't going to let Holloway grab an established vet starter for virtually free after starting a kicker run and then beating the drum to get all the lemmings to follow.  In hindsight I pass on Tannehill at 9.2 for ASJ at TE.

RB: Bell, Ingram, Lewis - Not sure if I've ever only gone 3 deep at RB.  Usually I draft some crappy backup that never plays.  By the time I got around to blowing a pick on Flacco, the RB position has been obliterated.  Even without the depth, this position could be a strength.

WR: Fitzgerald, Parker, Meredith, Lockett, Ginn, Wright - After seeing the WSL/PDSLs play out I was pretty comfortable waiting on WR.  Got Fitz at 5.2 and WR25.  Seems like a big hole at WR from the mid 4th to 6th round.  Last year he finished as WR5.  He's a pro and and stays fit, he won't fall off a cliff.  Never have been a fan of Parker, but some one has to pick up Landry's production in Miami.  Reached on Meredith but he has the upside to turn this so-so WR corps into something OK.  Paring Ginn with him gives me a very good shot at some deathly production from the NO air attack.  I own Lockett most years and he usually disappoints.  Not much left in Seattle.  Part of the reason I knew I could wait at WR is that a decent spot starter like Wright would be available late.

TE: Doyle, Hurst - Very risky.  Had other ideas here but got sniped and stymied the whole draft.  The Flacco luxury shows up here too.  Was torn on Hurst as rookies are usually worthless.  Almost pulled the trigger on Dickson.  Considered handcuffing Ebron.  Wanted MacDonald.  As much as I've kicked myself about the Flacco pick, I think this is where draft a QB like Rodgers early shows up.

K: Sturgis, Bullock - Strange draft when people are taking team's backup kickers in the 15th round of a fantasy draft.  14 of 16 went 2 deep at kicker Which is a head scratcher in a shot roster format.  Usually I like to go one early and done, but the byes weeks weren't favorable for me to do that.

D: Chargers, Raiders - Got two.

I've never had a team eliminated in week one, this team could be the first.  I actually think it will fair better during the bye weeks relative to the field than the non-bye weeks.  Not too many donuts on the roster if any, but not much upside punch after Bell.
With only 18 slots, it leaves a hole when you take three QBs and glad to see my two PK run reaped benefits. Only three deep RBs is also risky and now Ingram is out for the first three games. Definitely love Fitzgerald, especially as late as you got him. Also like Lockett and Ginn in best ball, but taking two secondary Saints receivers adds another risk if their rookie pans out and Meredith is not ready to go. Definitely not  your best effort. Again I want to say thanks for organizing these and occasionally taking grief at a volunteer job. I so enjoy mixing it up here during the off-season and it is great fun to watch these play out all season long.

Final product:

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.
I also like this team, but not a huge fan of the running back corps. Cook coming off injury and a new QB in town that should be more efficient passing along with two Philly backs when they also brought back Sproles who could have a receiving role and Blount who has scored a lot of TDs recently, but is not that effective in short yardage and on Detroit who has not run well and has a solid committee. Love Allen and Goodwin, Bryant and Beasley also solid. I have been waiting and waiting on Doctson and am not as certain moving forward. Your comment on Jones was hilarious and you got him really late so bargain with production.

4.14    Newton, Cam CAR QB7   4
5.03    Cousins, Kirk MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos.

1.03    Johnson, David ARI RB3   9
2.14    McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB14  11
12.14 Latavius Murray MIN RB52  10
13.03 Austin Ekeler LAC RB53    8
17.03 Tavon Austin DAL RB63  8

Punted RB for 10 rounds…need top 2 to do the heavy lifting and above avg ROI.  Maybe Murray can still steal some GL carries.  Cook probably shouldn’t be carrying all the mail next year right? So maybe Murray will get a few series or help run out the clock if MIN gets a lead.  I expect Ekeler’s PT to increase, and like his ability to catch the ball and involvement in 2-4 minute offense. I was drinking heavily at the time I drafted Austin, so I really can’t be held accountable for that.  Made that turn really late at night and also don’t think I really realized it left me with only one pick left. I gotta quit drinking. Anyway, Austin is currently listed as a RB, but I think there is a chance he gets switched back to WR on MFL, and Bass says we have to just go by whatever MFL says whenever.  So not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing wherever he ends up.  Maybe my WR could use the help by then. But either way, I’m not really sure why I even drafted the ####### guy.

3.03    Diggs, Stefon MIN WR13   10
7.03    Bryant, Dez DAL WR36      ?
8.14    Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR46    10
9.03    Moore, D.J. CAR WR48  4
11.03 James Washington PIT WR63  7
16.14 Anthony Miller CHI WR83  5

Worried about being only 6 deep unless my swing man Austin comes in to save the day. Dez not having a week 10 bye would be nice. Let’s go rookies! Not sure what I was doing here.

15.03 Sebastian Janikowski SEA PK23 7

Starting a new trend of trying to implement the what will be known as the zero place kicker strategy.

14.14 Seattle Seahwks DST14  7
18.14 Washington Redskis DST31 4

Only one of them share a bye week with my PK, so at least I got that going for me. 

Overall: never ever I had a draft where I got sniped so much so I am blaming it on that and the booze.   :banned:
QB is such a critical position, especially with only 18 roster spots, I get why you go back to back early, but if (when) the later drafted QBs shine, the advantage is not that great. Love the first three RBs, but Ekeler has competition and T Austin just has not had opportunities and I will be surprised if he can carve out consistent touches. I am partial to getting several rookies, especially if I expect early playing time and love Diggs with Cousins. Not a Bryant fan and he seems the kind of player that will struggle to pick up new systems if he does not get in to camp early. Could be bargain at WR36 though. I do not mind going solo at PK, particularly with early bye week and really enjoyed the conversation about the PK run so proud you stood your ground. Hope Janko does not hurt himself. RBs and QBs really good and TE better than being credited with.

4.14    Cam Newton CAR QB7   4
5.03    Kirk Cousins  MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos.

I am honestly not sure which comment is more brilliant.

QB - 4.1 Wlson Sea (7) and 16.1 Darnold ROOK NYJ (11) - Took Wilson fairly early and as QB2 so I determined then to be patient and wait on a second QB. Was hoping for Eli Manning as he had been going very late in earlier survivors but that was not to be. I prefer Darnold over the other rookie QBs, particularly for 2018 so was happy to get him. He is very young and it could be that he does not play much, but I expect that most of the first round QBs will play at some point this year and I need Darnold at or before week seven. Not a strength, but if Wilson is as good as I expect, it can be middle of the pack or better. 

RB - 5.16 Alex Collins BLT (10), 6.1 T. Coleman ATL (8), 8.1 Crowell NYJ (11) & 14.1N. Hines ROOK Ind (9) - Waited very late here and really like all of the top three. David Dodds has them at RB16, RB27 and RB31 and I drafted them at RB26, 27 & 34. Sig sold me on Hines capabilities and he has a chance to play a lot in Indianapolis, so this RB group could out perform the draft capital expended. I need for them to keep me afloat, but not have to carry the team.

WR - 1.16 J. Jones ATL (8), 2.1 M. Thomas NO (6), 3.16 A. Robinson CHI (5), 9.16 P. Richardson WSH (4), 15.16 J. J. Nelson ARZ (9) & 18.1 T. Williams DAL (8) - Here is the strength of this team and it was purposeful. I took WR4, 5 and 19. David Dodds has them at WR3, 6 and 23 so I did not get relative bargains here and may have spent too much on Robinson as my third WR. Richardson has been a target all off-season for me and was happy to get him again. The last two were struggles. I did not see RBs that I wanted to add and kind of settled on these guys as I was visiting my Mom for Mother's Day weekend and did not really search long and hard. Williams should see targets, but I probably should have taken my second DST at 15.16 and improved there over Tampa Bay later. The only slot that I really did not like my selection afterwards.

TE - 7.16 C. Brate TB (5) & 10.1 B. Watson NO (6) - Waited a little too late on TEs getting those three RBs and three WRs, but like the tandem of Brate and Watson although they are on the risky side. Brate has Howard wanting to take targets and Watson is getting long in the tooth. With the absence of Ingram early on, perhaps Brees and the Saints will attempt to save Kamara and pass more early on and then switch back to the run dependency of last season in week six or seven for the rest of the year.

PK - 11.16 Lutz NO (6) & 12.1 Tucker BLT (10) - Got two solid guys and helped trigger the run which might have helped my get Hines, but nothing else significant.

DST - 13.16 Saints (6) & 17.16 Tampa Bay (5) - Like the Saints and the Bucs were kind of my pick of the remainder and getting the early bye.

Comments appreciated and keep the conversation here on all teams alive. Everyone pitch in with a review of their team so we can all poke holes.

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB     8
Mayfield, Baker CLE QB 11
Taylor, Tyrod CLE QB  11

Got very luck when it came to getting the CLE combo.  There are a ton of weapons there now, and unless there is some kind of Kizer shocker, I have that locked up at low-round prices.  What was a glaring weakness in my mind, turned out to be OK.

Ballage, Kalen MIA RB 11
Henry, Derrick TEN RB    8
Johnson, Duke CLE RB   11
Michel, Sony NEP RB 11

Not loving this group.  Two rookies, and both will be in a timeshare, at best.  My favorite pick was the Duke Johnson in the 8th or 9th, but this group could give me problems.  Taking a third QB hurt, but there wasn't much in the way of RBs at that point anyway.

Adams, Davante GBP WR      7
Beckham, Odell NYG WR   9
Funchess, Devin CAR WR    4
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR    8
Westbrook, Dede JAC WR    9

Strength of the team...could possibly have three top 20 WRs in a 16 teamer.

Cook, Jared OAK TE    7
Howard, O.J. TBB TE    5

Not loving this group, but getting Cook where I did, makes it palatable.  Not sure whether my guys can keep pace with Ref's Ronald McDonald and Tim Burton, but I'll give it a shot.

Forbath, Kai MIN PK    10
Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK    11

Feel good about this

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def    9
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def    11

Not inspiring, but at least I got two.

Taylor, Tyrod CLE QB  11

Got very luck when it came to getting the CLE combo.  There are a ton of weapons there now, and unless there is some kind of Kizer shocker, I have that locked up at low-round prices.  What was a glaring weakness in my mind, turned out to be OK.

Ballage, Kalen MIA RB 11
Michel, Sony NEP RB 11

Not loving this group.  Two rookies, and both will be in a timeshare, at best.  My favorite pick was the Duke Johnson in the 8th or 9th, but this group could give me problems.  Taking a third QB hurt, but there wasn't much in the way of RBs at that point anyway.

Cook, Jared OAK TE    7
Howard, O.J. TBB TE    5

Not loving this group, but getting Cook where I did, makes it palatable.  Not sure whether my guys can keep pace with Ref's Ronald McDonald and Tim Burton, but I'll give it a shot.

Feel good about this

Kizer is gone so you have the Cleveland QB tied down, but since it took two picks and three total it handicaps elsewhere. Duke Johnson is solid, but last year he only had Crowell to contend with and this year he has the rookie Chubb and also Carlos Hyde. I like Ballage more than most but if Gore lasts all season he is likely in a three-man RBBC. Three RBs on bye week 11 will be tough. Agree your top three WRs are all great, but only having five could be a bye-week issue and Jacksonville has a plethora of WR candidates and Westbrook is no sure thing. You are my Doppler at TE, with each of us having a weaker duo and half of the Tampa Bay production. Good luck. It seems all of our teams have some weaknesses but I have not seen a report yet where there was an obvious stand above the crowd squad.

QB - 4.1 Wlson Sea (7) and 16.1 Darnold ROOK NYJ (11) - Took Wilson fairly early and as QB2 so I determined then to be patient and wait on a second QB. Was hoping for Eli Manning as he had been going very late in earlier survivors but that was not to be. I prefer Darnold over the other rookie QBs, particularly for 2018 so was happy to get him. He is very young and it could be that he does not play much, but I expect that most of the first round QBs will play at some point this year and I need Darnold at or before week seven. Not a strength, but if Wilson is as good as I expect, it can be middle of the pack or better. 

RB - 5.16 Alex Collins BLT (10), 6.1 T. Coleman ATL (8), 8.1 Crowell NYJ (11) & 14.1N. Hines ROOK Ind (9) - Waited very late here and really like all of the top three. David Dodds has them at RB16, RB27 and RB31 and I drafted them at RB26, 27 & 34. Sig sold me on Hines capabilities and he has a chance to play a lot in Indianapolis, so this RB group could out perform the draft capital expended. I need for them to keep me afloat, but not have to carry the team.

WR - 1.16 J. Jones ATL (8), 2.1 M. Thomas NO (6), 3.16 A. Robinson CHI (5), 9.16 P. Richardson WSH (4), 15.16 J. J. Nelson ARZ (9) & 18.1 T. Williams DAL (8) - Here is the strength of this team and it was purposeful. I took WR4, 5 and 19. David Dodds has them at WR3, 6 and 23 so I did not get relative bargains here and may have spent too much on Robinson as my third WR. Richardson has been a target all off-season for me and was happy to get him again. The last two were struggles. I did not see RBs that I wanted to add and kind of settled on these guys as I was visiting my Mom for Mother's Day weekend and did not really search long and hard. Williams should see targets, but I probably should have taken my second DST at 15.16 and improved there over Tampa Bay later. The only slot that I really did not like my selection afterwards.

TE - 7.16 C. Brate TB (5) & 10.1 B. Watson NO (6) - Waited a little too late on TEs getting those three RBs and three WRs, but like the tandem of Brate and Watson although they are on the risky side. Brate has Howard wanting to take targets and Watson is getting long in the tooth. With the absence of Ingram early on, perhaps Brees and the Saints will attempt to save Kamara and pass more early on and then switch back to the run dependency of last season in week six or seven for the rest of the year.

PK - 11.16 Lutz NO (6) & 12.1 Tucker BLT (10) - Got two solid guys and helped trigger the run which might have helped my get Hines, but nothing else significant.

DST - 13.16 Saints (6) & 17.16 Tampa Bay (5) - Like the Saints and the Bucs were kind of my pick of the remainder and getting the early bye.

Comments appreciated and keep the conversation here on all teams alive. Everyone pitch in with a review of their team so we can all poke holes.
Too many saints...especially at k def and te....week 6 you will be running with only 1 possible score at those spots and without mike thomas......worst rb core in the league probably...allen robinson pick should of been a rb. Julio n mthomas could be a nasty duo though...and russell will have to be the whole team with that def getting a make over

QB: 5:15 Andrew Luck, 6:02 Alex Smith 

QB’s 16 & 17, as long as Luck is healthy they should both out preform their draft spots, “possibly challenging for one of the top duos”. I would have waited to the 7/8 turn if I would have known that Keenum & Eli would have been available. 

RB: 3:15 Ronald Jones, 7:15 Chris Thompson, 10:02 James White, 14:02 Chris Carson 

RB’s 20, 33, 44, & 55. Jones should be the lead dog in scoring in Tampa by mid season if not sooner. Thompson was RB #9 when he got injured last year. White finished as RB 40, 26, & 38 the last 3 years, so should at least hit value as #44. Carson looked good before the injury, so just need to stay off IR. There isn’t much to choose from at RB that late in the draft. Below average 

WR: 2.02 Mike Evans, 4.02 JuJu Smith-Schuster, 8.02 Calvin Ridley, 9.15 Courtland Sutton, 15.15 Tyrell Williams, 17.15 Tre’Quan Smith 

WR’s 6, 20, 43, 52, 77, 88.  Hope Evans bounces back from a down year. JuJu should improve on his good rookie year. Three rookies maybe too many, but Ridley should be one of the top rookies this year.  Probably took Sutton too early. Williams finished 43rd last year, so he is good value at #77.  If Smith can get a few big weeks from Brees that would be all I could ask for. Average with upside, depending on the rookies 

TE: 1:15 Travis Kelce, 11:15 Jake Butt

TE’s 2 & 26.  Kelce has been TE #1 the last two years.  Should give me a big advantage over most. I have taken J Butt in WSL, PDSL, & SSL. I like his upside in Denver as long as he is recovered from the knee injury, which reports look good. Or I just like big Butts. Above average, should help me with my average or below RBs & WRs.

PK: 12:02 Matt Bryant, 16:02 Daniel Carlson 

Bryant finished 1st two years ago and 8th last year.  Atlanta should improve on last year. The Vikings used a pick on one of the top kickers in the draft, so he will be given every shot at winning the job, in my opinion.  I am wondering what your opinions are on this, other than Sweet Love’s.

DEF: 13:15 Carolina, 18:02 Buffalo 

I like the Panthers early bye. Would have taken TB if Holloway hadn’t, I guess I should have taken them at 17:15.

Fournette, AJ Green, Del. Walker...IMHO, that was some pretty 'steady as she goes' drafting through opening 3 Rounds...

First tough decision came at 4.06/54th overall: I could feel the QB run coming. I hate that feeling because I hate drafting QB early, and I spend a lot of time evaluating mid level QB's with upside because of it...but with 20 picks between 4.06 and 5.11, I had to consider even some of those off-premium guys might be gone, because lately, that's just how these things go. Well, first I had to see if there was anything on the board that I'd be willing to make the sacrifice for...and truthfully, there wasn't...but I decided to gamble.

So I took Marvin Jones, who is no longer a sneaky WR3 who can give you WR2 value. I think he's come into his own, and I like the 1A/1B dynamic going on with him and Tate. Marvin seems to have more best ball potential to nut out here and there, vs Tate being more of a steady eddie...if I was waiting on QB until 5.11, that's what I was going to hang my hat on. Still felt weird taking Marvin Jones mid-Round 4. I wound up getting the QB1 I wanted in Rivers. I'm really enamored with him as that guy to wait on and grab. I am every year recently, and he's been part of every committee approach I've taken for several seasons, for better or for worse. This year, I think the Chargers D is going to do him a lot of favors, and I don't think the Chargers are built to ground and pound out a lead. I think they're geared to keep scoring. Hope I'm right.

It wasn't time to take a 2nd TE with Walker already on board and no Flex, even with TE premium. I like Marvin significantly better than any other non QB drafted between him and my 5.11 Rivers...as much as I like Rivers, there are non-premium QB's I would have liked more, who didn't fall - Cousins and Big Ben...but I could have taken Brady or Brees at 4.06...

Others thoughts on 2018 Marvin Jones? 

I got my steady eddie in the 6th, with Randall Cobb. I was impressed with Adams last year, and I think Jordy being out of there actually clears up some WR roles. Cobb just screams weekly 6-77-.5 at me, for whatever reason.  Steady WR3 with periodic WR2 upside in a 16-Team format, I think. Had Alex Collins fallen to me, I would have taken him. If Robert Woods hadn't gone a pick before mine, I would have strongly considered him vs Cobb...was hoping Dion Lewis would fall to me in Rd 7. I'm excited about the talent/opportunity matrix of Royce Freeman in Denver, though. Outside of Barkley, he's the RB I'm most eager to see play pro football. Hope I'm right.

Held my breath as I watched Hogan fall. Trying to grab him everywhere in best ball.

Could be doing better, but I'm doing OK.
Since I got no feedback when I posted this last week, I'm posting it again. I'll add the rest of my Draft 9-18 later when I have a little more time.

My Team at the time I posted this was:

Philip Rivers

Leonard Fournette, Royce Freeman

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan

Delanie Walker

nittanylion said:
Since I got no feedback when I posted this last week, I'm posting it again. I'll add the rest of my Draft 9-18 later when I have a little more time.

My Team at the time I posted this was:

Philip Rivers

Leonard Fournette, Royce Freeman

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan

Delanie Walker
One of the better starts IMO if Freeman is a big cog.

Fournette, AJ Green, Del. Walker...IMHO, that was some pretty 'steady as she goes' drafting through opening 3 Rounds... Very solid first three. Much better to get one each at RB, WR and TE to allow flexibility going forward than what I began at the turn.

First tough decision came at 4.06/54th overall: I could feel the QB run coming. I hate that feeling because I hate drafting QB early, and I spend a lot of time evaluating mid level QB's with upside because of it...but with 20 picks between 4.06 and 5.11, I had to consider even some of those off-premium guys might be gone, because lately, that's just how these things go. Well, first I had to see if there was anything on the board that I'd be willing to make the sacrifice for...and truthfully, there wasn't...but I decided to gamble.

So I took Marvin Jones, who is no longer a sneaky WR3 who can give you WR2 value. I think he's come into his own, and I like the 1A/1B dynamic going on with him and Tate. Marvin seems to have more best ball potential to nut out here and there, vs Tate being more of a steady eddie...if I was waiting on QB until 5.11, that's what I was going to hang my hat on. Still felt weird taking Marvin Jones mid-Round 4. I wound up getting the QB1 I wanted in Rivers. I'm really enamored with him as that guy to wait on and grab. I am every year recently, and he's been part of every committee approach I've taken for several seasons, for better or for worse. This year, I think the Chargers D is going to do him a lot of favors, and I don't think the Chargers are built to ground and pound out a lead. I think they're geared to keep scoring. Hope I'm right. Rivers is an awesome QB for best ball, he is consistently productive and will be again in 2018. I have him at QB8 and the staffers at QB9 and you got him as the 12th QB drafted. Love that pick.

It wasn't time to take a 2nd TE with Walker already on board and no Flex, even with TE premium. I like Marvin significantly better than any other non QB drafted between him and my 5.11 Rivers...as much as I like Rivers, there are non-premium QB's I would have liked more, who didn't fall - Cousins and Big Ben...but I could have taken Brady or Brees at 4.06...

Others thoughts on 2018 Marvin Jones? Marvin is my WR22 and Staff average WR24. You took him as WR22 so decent value there. Personally I favor Fitzgerald and D. Thomas who were still on the board over Jones, but he's also a good choice there.

I got my steady eddie in the 6th, with Randall Cobb. I was impressed with Adams last year, and I think Jordy being out of there actually clears up some WR roles. Cobb just screams weekly 6-77-.5 at me, for whatever reason.  Steady WR3 with periodic WR2 upside in a 16-Team format, I think. Had Alex Collins fallen to me, I would have taken him. If Robert Woods hadn't gone a pick before mine, I would have strongly considered him vs Cobb...was hoping Dion Lewis would fall to me in Rd 7. I'm excited about the talent/opportunity matrix of Royce Freeman in Denver, though. Outside of Barkley, he's the RB I'm most eager to see play pro football. Hope I'm right.

Held my breath as I watched Hogan fall. Trying to grab him everywhere in best ball.

Could be doing better, but I'm doing OK. Great start IMO

Final product:

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

Agree completely with above statement.

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

little soft here...not sure why but it seems like PHI is unsure about JA....his carries dropped off pretty significantly in second half...I guess Clement helps with that but they may split 16 points giving you only 8 instead of the full 16 if you know what I mean, and that with Cook doing the heavy lifting...if he JA gets touches like he did in the second half, it makes the price a little steep at the top of 4th when you can get a Dion Lewis or something at the bottom of 6th....guess I am just not sold on JA in May....I'm a Blount as depth guy so I like that....

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

Allen is a stud.....not sure Goodwin stays numero uno with Garcon, Taylor, Kittle, and Pettis....could be a solid group if Doctson actually performs like people are drafting him and if Bryant has some of those big weeks you need....Beasley unfortunately was staple on many of my survivor teams last year and was a huge disappointment...couple bye week issues but a decent group...

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

Hard to pass judgement here as I know nothing about Gathers...but it seems Jimmy should be good to go in GB...

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

Solid #1's at all positions....Cook needed for heavy lifting....if right about Goodwin that will be nice....looked back and it was a pretty chalk draft for you I think....not many gambles which might limit upside but could keep you above the cut line....only issue might be an injury to Cook again...good luck

so maybe we can have a good discussion here about what I consider the 2nd group of RB1s  I think figuring out which of the following guys WONT bust is key if you get stuck with a bottom of the first round draft pick

Fournette - safe, RB1 wont share carries could hit 40 receptions. great defense.  wildcard is his foot health and Bortles.

Melvin Gordon -terrible ypc. no other competition for carries or catches. elite QB, defense is coming around. Oline health/gel ? 

Kareem Hunt- seemed uneven last year started hot/ended hot.. New QB in Mahomes. I'm personally not scared of Ware. Reid should ride him but that defense got worse...new DC though. 

Dalvin Cook - returning from an ACL injury. new QB. elite Defense should be playing with the lead. Murray is a must cuff

Team BnB

QB: Rodgers, Tannehill, Flacco - Flacco was probably a stupid pick that will doom me.  I couldn't let a starting QB sit on the board in the 13th round.  Wasn't going to let Holloway grab an established vet starter for virtually free after starting a kicker run and then beating the drum to get all the lemmings to follow.  In hindsight I pass on Tannehill at 9.2 for ASJ at TE.

agree you got caught by the trying to mess with others stuff here....with Rodgers in tow you didn't need to get cute...agree Rodgers/ASJ/Flacco would have been fine....or no Flacco and a rookie QB...

RB: Bell, Ingram, Lewis - Not sure if I've ever only gone 3 deep at RB.  Usually I draft some crappy backup that never plays.  By the time I got around to blowing a pick on Flacco, the RB position has been obliterated.  Even without the depth, this position could be a strength.

ballsy with no dart throws after round 6....Bell and Lewis could get you through the suspension...was the production from both Ingram and Kamara the norm or was it kind of fluky the way that shook out....?...

WR: Fitzgerald, Parker, Meredith, Lockett, Ginn, Wright - After seeing the WSL/PDSLs play out I was pretty comfortable waiting on WR.  Got Fitz at 5.2 and WR25.  Seems like a big hole at WR from the mid 4th to 6th round.  Last year he finished as WR5.  He's a pro and and stays fit, he won't fall off a cliff.  Never have been a fan of Parker, but some one has to pick up Landry's production in Miami.  Reached on Meredith but he has the upside to turn this so-so WR corps into something OK.  Paring Ginn with him gives me a very good shot at some deathly production from the NO air attack.  I own Lockett most years and he usually disappoints.  Not much left in Seattle.  Part of the reason I knew I could wait at WR is that a decent spot starter like Wright would be available late.

like this group except for Wright....I am not sure about Parker either, to me he is a I hope somebody else takes him so I don't have too....long term success here may depend on him having a nice year...

TE: Doyle, Hurst - Very risky.  Had other ideas here but got sniped and stymied the whole draft.  The Flacco luxury shows up here too.  Was torn on Hurst as rookies are usually worthless.  Almost pulled the trigger on Dickson.  Considered handcuffing Ebron.  Wanted MacDonald.  As much as I've kicked myself about the Flacco pick, I think this is where draft a QB like Rodgers early shows up.

oof...feel your pain at TE....never seemed like a good time for one at our end of the draft and then we get stuck sometimes...will say the Doyle pick surprised me with Ebron around and Luck banged up....some think Hurst will be solid but there may be some tough weeks here...

K: Sturgis, Bullock - Strange draft when people are taking team's backup kickers in the 15th round of a fantasy draft.  14 of 16 went 2 deep at kicker Which is a head scratcher in a shot roster format.  Usually I like to go one early and done, but the byes weeks weren't favorable for me to do that.

lol assume you are talking about me with the backup PK thing, but I think sebass has a job...considering the Flacco and 3 RB think you could have rolled the dice and went solo here and Bullock could have been a dart throw at TE Jonnu Smith, Dickson, etc or a RB....

D: Chargers, Raiders - Got two.

I've never had a team eliminated in week one, this team could be the first.  I actually think it will fair better during the bye weeks relative to the field than the non-bye weeks.  Not too many donuts on the roster if any, but not much upside punch after Bell.

if Parker has a nice year, you might have enough to cover issues at TE.....Rodgers and Bell usually good for 50+ between them...Tanny seems like the forgotten man, but may also help when needed if Rodgers has a slow game...agreed there was some sniping on our end Shadowfax snagged a few....

so maybe we can have a good discussion here about what I consider the 2nd group of RB1s  I think figuring out which of the following guys WONT bust is key if you get stuck with a bottom of the first round draft pick

Fournette - safe, RB1 wont share carries could hit 40 receptions. great defense.  wildcard is his foot health and Bortles.

Melvin Gordon -terrible ypc. no other competition for carries or catches. elite QB, defense is coming around. Oline health/gel ? 

Kareem Hunt- seemed uneven last year started hot/ended hot.. New QB in Mahomes. I'm personally not scared of Ware. Reid should ride him but that defense got worse...new DC though. 

Dalvin Cook - returning from an ACL injury. new QB. elite Defense should be playing with the lead. Murray is a must cuff
for me...Hunt/Four/Cook/Gordon

Hunt going to carry a lot of mail in running and passing game and just think that offense will be a little more explosive with more trips to the red zone....KC dedicated almost the entire draft to defense and will be getting Berry back, signed Emerson/Fuller...so yeah losing Peters hurts and maybe some shootouts but either way Hunt on the field...so slight edge over Four....Gordon scares me this year....Cook should be fine but agree about cuffing Murray on that one...

for me...Hunt/Four/Cook/Gordon

Hunt going to carry a lot of mail in running and passing game and just think that offense will be a little more explosive with more trips to the red zone....KC dedicated almost the entire draft to defense and will be getting Berry back, signed Emerson/Fuller...so yeah losing Peters hurts and maybe some shootouts but either way Hunt on the field...so slight edge over Four....Gordon scares me this year....Cook should be fine but agree about cuffing Murray on that one...
you're a Chefs homer right? I think Fournette and Gordon are "safer" than hunt IMO. 

you're a Chefs homer right? I think Fournette and Gordon are "safer" than hunt IMO. 
Yes....thats fair...Hunt did lead the leage in rushing even with a tough stretch in the middle and only getting one carry in week 17...and reports indicate Reid wants him more involved in the passing game...I can see an arguement for Any four of them and good chance they finish close to each other when all is said nd done...

The rest of my Draft:

Steve Sarkisian struggled deploying his personnel in his 1st Season as Falcons OC, and I think an offseason is going to do him a world of good. Although I think there are legit questions about Austin Hooper's ability to be dynamic, and there may not be enough footballs to go around, I think Hooper will continue to trend up, and in TE Enhanced, I felt he was an appropriate grab here, even with no Flex. Unfortunately, I didn't take the extra step of re-checking the Bye Weeks, and coming out of that pick, I was staring at Rivers/8, Delanie Walker/8 and Hooper/8, and that would have an effect on my Draft moving forward. Comet sniped me on Burkhead in Round 10, but I think Gio was a decent consolation. I love how he finished 2017, and I hope the Bengals will build on that in 2018. I missed out on plenty of targets as the Draft moved to 11.11. You could just smell a run coming on PK or D/ST, and when Sweet Love pulled the trigger on Gostkowski at 11.09, I thought I'd throw on a log and see if it would start a fire, taking Greg The Leg, especially after Reaper sniped me on Ty Montgomery. It helped: 7 of next 10 picks were PK. Nothing really appealed to me when it came back in Rd 12, so I followed the lead of Holloway and Bro1ncos , and grabbed a 2nd PK, Boswell. Bass really surprised me, taking his 3rd QB/Flacco in 13 - he did that last year, and was bounced in Week 3, so I didn't think he'd do it again, and I was targeting Flacco to fall. At that point, I started seriously considering going with 1QB (and really avoiding Week 8 the rest of the way). Again, I found nothing compelling at 13.11, and the D/ST run was beginning, so I grabbed the Ravens, who were the best remaining, IMHO. I'm willing to gamble and go with 1 D/ST, as long as they have an early Bye, when there are more Teams still in the running, and I strongly considered the Panthers (Bye 4). At the time, I planned on taking an early bye D/ST later, because I wasn't planning on having any remaining Redskins, Panthers, Bears or Bucs on my Team.

5 picks remaining, and I had some serious work to do at RB, and not much to pick from. I'm betting Abdullah won't be on the Lions come September, and that his issues stem from his fit in Detroit. I liked that gamble better than D.Murray, Muscle Hamster, and the other assorted remaining dreck that I figured would fall to me later. If he winds up somewhere else and gets utilized to his strengths, he's going to be a value RB4. Gott roll the dice late in a 16-Teamer. Sweet Love doubled up on Tyrod/Mayfield in 14/15, and at that point I moved forward fairly certain I was going with 1QB. Lots of 'my guy' WR swing for the fences types had left the building in Round 10/11 (Stills, Hurns, Golladay, Lockett, DJax, Ginn, Lee/Moncrief, Mike Williams, Corey Coleman), and I'd ignored WR for a bit after hitting it early and often. I made a little comeback at the 15/16 turn with a pair of ex-Cardinals, Jon Brown/Jaron Brown. If everything goes according to plan, they should be catching occasional bombs from Flacco and Wilson. Like the guys I mentioned previously, that's what I want on my bench - the classic 'Devery Henderson' type, who's periodic 3/77/1 can luck you into winning a Week or 2 when you really need a boost. I would have liked Curtis Samuel to have fallen. 2 picks remaining, and at this point, committed to 1QB and likely 1 D/ST, despite the less than optimal Ravens bye week 10. I still had to deal with both TE on Bye Week 8 along with my 1 QB Rivers. Pretty significant holes to be addressing so late. I had been keeping my eye on Luke Willson, and at 17.11 he was a no-brainer. I know there's a lot to play out between now and September, and Michael Roberts is a hot topic. Willson is a guy I've dabbled with in Seattle, and I think he's the classic waiting for an unobstructed opportunity guy, and I think he's going to rock it in Rock City. If I'm right, I fixed a big issue there, and I'm getting great #'s out of TE all Season long. I just need a big Week 8 (home vs Seahawks sounds pretty good to me). Last pick: considered Sam Bradford and Lamar Jackson. Nope, just going with Rivers. Cardale Jones. What's that going to do for me? Not that. A 2nd D/ST...the only early bye one remaining was the Redskins (at Bucs Week 10, when Ravens are off). Only 2 other guys off Week 10...I'll risk it. One of my Week 10 byes was Royce Freeman, and while I had 4, one was Abdullah, so I looked RB, where I'd been watching Gore sitting out there for several rounds. Watching him because I'm a big fan of vets who play 'for love of the game' (I love that movie), and Gore finishing up in Miami, is IMHO, the stuff movies are made of. I really think that. I really like Drake, but I think the Dolphins want to maximize his value as a time share to keep him healthy. That's all a no quit in him guy like Gore needs. I'm gonna get stats out of that guy.

Last year's win here was the first time I've ever won one of these things. It's mighty tough drafting solidly through 18 Rounds of a 16-Team serpentine, but I didn't do terribly. I have some land mines, for sure: Rivers goes down, so do I. Ravens D/ST has to be as good as I think it will be. Pinning a lot on a rookie RB, but at least he's the one I'm the most optimistic about after Saquon (although Guice is starting to grow on me). If Royce doesn't do, outside of Gio, I only have a couple of veteran darts (Ameer, Gore) to plug in alongside 4nette...but I like those vet darts...and I like Luke Willson a bunch as TE3.  Every Team carries some kind of risk in these, I may carry more than most.

Go big or go home!

Rivers

4nette, Rolls-Royce, Gio, Ameer, Gore

AJG, Starvin' Marvin, Cobb, Hogan, BrownJohn, BrownJaron

D.Walker, Hooper, Willson

Greg The Leg, Boswell

Ravens

NittanyLion squad

Rivers (8) - Dodds has him at QB14 so a little on the low side to trust solo, but he has a history of playing every game and he is consistent.

4nette (9), Rolls-Royce (10), Gio (9), Ameer (6), Gore (11) Dodds ppr rankings are RB11, 38, 52 & 70 - between the low side rankings, the injuries and the last two not being heavily counted on by the masses I am not a huge fan of your RBs. I will join you in hoping Frank Gore can defeat father time again this year which would help 

AJG (9), Starvin' Marvin (6), Cobb (7), Hogan (11), BrownJohn (10), BrownJaron (7) - Dodds ppr rankings are WR7, 25, 30, 41, 66 & 71. Like your six WRs a lot, you have several higher ranked players and all six have the boom week potential which is ideal for best ball. Only one week where you are thin with four, well done

D.Walker (8), Hooper (8), Willson (6) - Dodds ppr rankings are TE7, 22 & 36 - Huge Walker fan, but think that Hooper will be hard pressed to match last year's production with the addition of Ridley to go along with Julio and Sanu. Really tough break with the top two off on week 8. Maybe should have grabbed the third earlier for more strength and better week 8 odds.

Greg The Leg (12), Boswell (7) - two solid kickers on pretty good offenses

Ravens (10) - nice DST, but defenses don't score consistently so it is a little more than the week ten zero that is risked

Risk at QB and DST going solo and top two TEs both off week 8 highlight the trouble, but it seems that going solo at two positions would give more strength at RB, WR or TE than what I see. Great season last year and a great competitor year in and year out, so I wish you the best here and in all the other year long survivors. Enjoy competing and your commentary is appreciated.

Stephen Holloway said:

One of the things I am interested in watching is what NYJ does with either of McCown/Bridewater....to me it seems a little overkill and that one of them needs to go...and then when one of them does, I could actually see whoever it is being picked up very quickly and immediately becoming a teams #2...ton of teams where I see either of those guys being an upgrade to teams current #2's....possibly #1's....anyway, with Wilson you shouldn't be losing many points to the pack here each week, anything you get from Darnold besides bye week coverage is gravy. 

don't know what to think of Kenneth Dixon and his return in BAL, but between him and Allen, I am shying away from Collins a little bit, it would have me a little nervous...like the Crowell so top 3 should keep you in the mix and the rookie a nice dart throw that could get you some ROI...

should probably be the top unit....fan of the Nelson and Richardson picks...not much to say here...some serious investment at the top that will need to pay off on down weeks from Wislon...

agree with some of your your assessment... this group may not be able to ham an egg quite enough for you to post a decent score every week....

should be fine with these two groups.....was a little rich for my blood, but it didn't cost you much as unfortunately sheep will be sheep...

overall...think you are having a heck of a year in these....our only hope is Wilson struggles early and you get caught with not having a solid QB2 and middling TE's.....good luck

Taylor, Tyrod CLE QB  11

I see that going 3 deep here left you somewhat thin #'s wise at RB and WR. While "locking up" a QB position has some benefits, it hurts in a 18 round draft compared to 20 and it kind of sucks knowing that going into every week one of your 18 roster spots does not have a chance to score for you. CLE added a ton of weapons and everybody is predicting a "bounce back" year for MM, but not sure I'm buying.  Partially because I leaned on him heavily in one home league/draft last year and he #### the bed. I give less credit to "playing with injuries" than most people do, fact is he played in all but one game last year and he sucked  (fantasy wise).    

Ballage, Kalen MIA RB 11
Michel, Sony NEP RB 11

ALL of these guys in serious time shares, could be some down weeks in a start 2 league.  You need some serious ham an egg

Counting on Adams to stay strong, he and OBJ make a nice 1-2 punch. CAR added some depth to the WR group so I think if you get anything close to last year it will be a huge bonus, I expect a little regression with Moore, Smith, Samueal, Wright, Olsen, in the mix. Who knows who will emerge in JAC.  I still really like Mathews even though some are down on him. Really need this group to stay healthy.  

Cook, Jared OAK TE    7
Howard, O.J. TBB TE    5

I know what you mean about not really loving these guys, but it could be worse. I don't think either totally disappears any given week, so you should post a respectable score.

Feel good about this

I would have rode solo with Gost if the plan was to go 3 deep at QB. IMO a lot will depend on how things shake out for you at RB.  If you struggle there you will need your WR's to go big and give you solid weekly above avg ROI.  While not bad overall, I could see you doing the cut line dance many weeks, with not many blow up weeks/immunities. Good luck :banned:

QB: 5:15 Andrew Luck, 6:02 Alex Smith 

QB’s 16 & 17, as long as Luck is healthy they should both out preform their draft spots, “possibly challenging for one of the top duos”. I would have waited to the 7/8 turn if I would have known that Keenum & Eli would have been available. 

Man what is up with Luck? Crazy to have any confidence about how he will play if/when he gets healthy. Think Smith will be a little underrated in WAS.  Could be rock solid to really really good here if Luck returns to form.

RB: 3:15 Ronald Jones, 7:15 Chris Thompson, 10:02 James White, 14:02 Chris Carson 

RB’s 20, 33, 44, & 55. Jones should be the lead dog in scoring in Tampa by mid season if not sooner. Thompson was RB #9 when he got injured last year. White finished as RB 40, 26, & 38 the last 3 years, so should at least hit value as #44. Carson looked good before the injury, so just need to stay off IR. There isn’t much to choose from at RB that late in the draft. Below average 

Agree with the below avg assessment here.  You are rolling the dice and banking on some serious PPR.  If Jones is truly the man, you keep your head above water here.  I like Carson more than others so I am not totally slamming this group. No bye week issues a bonus.

WR: 2.02 Mike Evans, 4.02 JuJu Smith-Schuster, 8.02 Calvin Ridley, 9.15 Courtland Sutton, 15.15 Tyrell Williams, 17.15 Tre’Quan Smith 

WR’s 6, 20, 43, 52, 77, 88.  Hope Evans bounces back from a down year. JuJu should improve on his good rookie year. Three rookies maybe too many, but Ridley should be one of the top rookies this year.  Probably took Sutton too early. Williams finished 43rd last year, so he is good value at #77.  If Smith can get a few big weeks from Brees that would be all I could ask for. Average with upside, depending on the rookies 

I think you are on spot with your assessment. Even about Sutton, agree that felt early. Evans being a bargain at 2.02 would help. 

TE: 1:15 Travis Kelce, 11:15 Jake Butt

TE’s 2 & 26.  Kelce has been TE #1 the last two years.  Should give me a big advantage over most. I have taken J Butt in WSL, PDSL, & SSL. I like his upside in Denver as long as he is recovered from the knee injury, which reports look good. Or I just like big Butts. Above average, should help me with my average or below RBs & WRs.

Love Kelce to stay top 3. Butt could be a great snag or a wasted pick.  I think he carves out a solid top 12 role myself.

PK: 12:02 Matt Bryant, 16:02 Daniel Carlson 

Bryant finished 1st two years ago and 8th last year.  Atlanta should improve on last year. The Vikings used a pick on one of the top kickers in the draft, so he will be given every shot at winning the job, in my opinion.  I am wondering what your opinions are on this, other than Sweet Love’s.

I have no clue and am as surprised as anybody how the PK thing shakes out in August. With Bryant you are cool either way, could have gone solo IMO.

DEF: 13:15 Carolina, 18:02 Buffalo 

I like the Panthers early bye. Would have taken TB if Holloway hadn’t, I guess I should have taken them at 17:15.

Overall: Luck will be huge factor in determining your success.  Little soft at RB but pretty solid everywhere else IMO.  Good luck.

Rivers

Not a fan of solo QB in this format.  Shares bye week with your top two TE's (but nobody else) so you need to go large in week 7. When I think solo QB my list pretty much begins and ends at Rodgers. 

4nette, Rolls-Royce, Gio, Ameer, Gore

Ok with this group.  If AA gets a decent piece of the pie thats a bonus.  Gore may play more than we think.

AJG, Starvin' Marvin, Cobb, Hogan, BrownJohn, BrownJaron

Pretty solid cause I like Hogan more than Cobb, so a nice top 4.  Contributions from the Brown will be a bonus if you get any. 

D.Walker, Hooper, Willson

I might have passed on Wilson and ate the doughnut at TE in week 8, and rolled the dice on Bradford or McCarron so you had a shot of a QB score in week 8.  Is Wilson going to score more that week then one of those guys? Maybe if they aren't playing, but even then it won't be significant.  And you would have had another QB score for a few weeks in case Rivers has a bad week early. :shrug: Is Wilson even the TE to own in SEA?   :shrug:

Greg The Leg, Boswell

Hard to be Monday Morning QB...but with issues at QB/TE/DST riding solo here with the leg might have been a good option.

Ravens

Tough to get behind this group overall as you need outstanding weekly play from only one QB/DST. Would be epic if you made a run though.  Good luck.  :banned:

I'll be a a little ornery....that comment by Oz about challenge for top QB dou got my attention as well....I feel Wentz may produce well on his own earning a top spot, but in terms of a "dou" there are several I like a lot better... :whistle:
I think a few are in contention. Dak/ben, JG/Carr, Cam/cousins, and Ryan/Winston round out my top 5 groups but I think Wentz, if fully recovered, outscores all of those top guys, and Mitch is going to be this year's Goff. So I'll keep mine on top - but qbbc involves a lot of luck. 

I agree my RBs are not top quarter and possibly not top half, but worse? I will disagree.
I like Hines in best ball, the rest are solid. Not top half but solid enough IMO. Better than mine anyway. Until Bell gets injured and Murray signs with the Steelers...

I think a few are in contention. Dak/ben, JG/Carr, Cam/cousins, and Ryan/Winston round out my top 5 groups but I think Wentz, if fully recovered, outscores all of those top guys, and Mitch is going to be this year's Goff. So I'll keep mine on top - but qbbc involves a lot of luck. 

I like Hines in best ball, the rest are solid. Not top half but solid enough IMO. Better than mine anyway. Until Bell gets injured and Murray signs with the Steelers...
Karma warning in SSL 1 aisle three

Thanks for the assessment, and probably spot on.  One thing I would change (would be instead of just going with Gost, just go with one Def.  Kickers score in this league, so you don't want to miss out on having a couple.  However, I feel as though the defensive scoring is very conservative, and I remember looking back last year and seeing that besides an outlier or two, there is little spread between 3 or 4 and 20 in the DEF outcomes.  Another option would have been to punt on Mariotta, and take Taylor/Mayfield where I did, and then "bet" on another guy (Bradford, Rosen, McCown, etc).  At least there I would have a better option than Ballage (like a Cohen/Dion Lweis-type)...yeah, that is what I should have done.

@Sweet Love I agree that the Browns have much better athletes at the fantasy skill positions, but waiting late and counting on a trio of the two Browns QB with another even later sounds like more risk than I am willing to take. Like many, I see improvements for them on offense but they still have the same head coach.

NittanyLion squad

Rivers (8) - Dodds has him at QB14 so a little on the low side to trust solo, but he has a history of playing every game and he is consistent.

4nette (9), Rolls-Royce (10), Gio (9), Ameer (6), Gore (11) Dodds ppr rankings are RB11, 38, 52 & 70 - between the low side rankings, the injuries and the last two not being heavily counted on by the masses I am not a huge fan of your RBs. I will join you in hoping Frank Gore can defeat father time again this year which would help 

AJG (9), Starvin' Marvin (6), Cobb (7), Hogan (11), BrownJohn (10), BrownJaron (7) - Dodds ppr rankings are WR7, 25, 30, 41, 66 & 71. Like your six WRs a lot, you have several higher ranked players and all six have the boom week potential which is ideal for best ball. Only one week where you are thin with four, well done

D.Walker (8), Hooper (8), Willson (6) - Dodds ppr rankings are TE7, 22 & 36 - Huge Walker fan, but think that Hooper will be hard pressed to match last year's production with the addition of Ridley to go along with Julio and Sanu. Really tough break with the top two off on week 8. Maybe should have grabbed the third earlier for more strength and better week 8 odds.

Greg The Leg (12), Boswell (7) - two solid kickers on pretty good offenses

Ravens (10) - nice DST, but defenses don't score consistently so it is a little more than the week ten zero that is risked

Risk at QB and DST going solo and top two TEs both off week 8 highlight the trouble, but it seems that going solo at two positions would give more strength at RB, WR or TE than what I see. Great season last year and a great competitor year in and year out, so I wish you the best here and in all the other year long survivors. Enjoy competing and your commentary is appreciated.
I am really going to be paying attention to this team.  I love the idea of one DEF...I get the fact that you have to take a goose egg one week, but I believe (we will see) the extra player may outweigh the loss in points (you don't have to be first, just can't be last).  I love the investment in two, point getting kickers.  I actually think that while many of us would be scared to go into the season with one QB, he has three more positional players than I do with two DEF, and three QBs.  Nice work!

:lmao:

This is probably my worst team this season yet it made the final 3? Just proves it's 99.9% luck.

Cohen is my only RB, everett my only TE, Wentz disappointed all year (Tru was a good pick), other than Antonio my receivers aren't even good. 

Crazy.

OZ

Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB297.755

Wentz, Carson PHI QB261.309

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB198.455

Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB (I)79.007

Murray, DeMarco FA RB‐-

Williams, Jamaal GBP RB58.407

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB173.009

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR (Q)87.807

Brown, Antonio PIT WR255.807

Hurns, Allen DAL WR51.808