What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get off my F&*%ing playground! (1 Viewer)

Boone22

Footballguy
Free agent OG Richie Incognito was involved in an altercation at a Florida gym on Wednesday and is being held by police for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

It's called the Baker Act, which is an involuntary mental evaluation. Incognito allegedly threw a dumbbell at another man in a Boca Raton gym this morning "for no apparent reason" after first throwing a tennis ball at the gym-goer. Incognito was allegedly "rambling about the government and screaming at the other man to 'get off my f*cking playground'." This is the second time Incognito has been held under the Baker Act, with the first coming in 2014. Incognito is a free agent after being released by the Bills this week. He had planned to continue his career.

Never seemed like his head was screwed on right and years of brain jostling as a lineman can't have helped that.  GL to him, regardless. Hopefully the gym-goer wasn't injured.

Free agent OG Richie Incognito is facing charges of "threats and disorderly conduct" following his arrest Monday in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Police were called to the scene around 3:30 PM local time on Monday. According to the police report, Incognito became enraged by staff members working at his father's funeral, damaging property at the funeral home and allegedly threatening to retrieve guns from his car. Weapons found in Incognito's vehicle were impounded and the 35-year-old remains in police custody. This comes three months after Incognito was taken to a psychiatric facility following an altercation at a Florida gym. The former Bills lineman hopes to continue his career, though obviously that won't happen until he gets his personal life in order.

Source: ProFootballTalk on Twitter 

Aug 21 - 1:26 PM

Incognito actually has skills. Too bad his apparent mental/behavioral issues is getting in the way of a promising career.

Hope he gets the help he needs, and the NFL doesn't set himself and those around him up for failure by continuing to make him eligible to play (he's currently UFA, correct?) -- the headaches and scandals and damage this guy has done already should, IMHO, prevent him from playing until he has his issues under control. If not, he's just a time bomb waiting to go off...yet again.

The story and stuff he was doing is quite disturbing...

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito was arrested Monday in Scottsdale, Arizona, on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and making threats at a funeral home where his father's body was being held.

According to a police report released Tuesday, Incognito entered Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary and began acting erratically around four employees. Police were called when Incognito made his hand into the shape of a gun and told one of the employees he had a "truck full of guns" in the parking lot.

Police later found two Glock pistols, a handgun silencer and three rifles in Incognito's vehicle. He told police he had necessary permits for the weapons.

According to police, Incognito "appeared to lack concentration and was unable to maintain a coherent thought. Rather, he appeared to ramble about numerous things that did not correlate."

Police also noted Incognito's "moods were erratic as he would be very respectful toward [the] officer at one point, and [then] immediately raise his voice and demand to be let out of the handcuffs the next."

Scottsdale police confirmed Incognito had posted $20,000 bond on Tuesday and had been released. An Aug. 27 pretrial conference in Scottsdale Municipal Court is scheduled.

Incognito announced Sunday on Twitter that his father had died Saturday.

A funeral home employee told police that Incognito's family was not going to allow him to attend the funeral and Incognito was not cooperating with his brother in signing paperwork to have their father's body cremated.

After entering the funeral home Monday, Incognito began "talking about a lot of random things that did not make sense," an employee told police. Incognito then "walked around the funeral home, punching caskets and throwing things." At one point, he told the employees he wanted them to cut his father's head off for research purposes.

Incognito later entered the office of the funeral home and saw his father's funeral was scheduled for Friday.

According to the police report, he later signed the cremation paperwork but then told the employees he wanted to buy a casket and have his father buried. When the employees were showing Incognito the caskets, he took an urn from a shelf and slammed it onto the casket. He also punched a printer in the funeral home's office, an employee said.

Incognito later began talking to an employee about his guns while making the shape of a gun with his hand and pointing it at the employee. That employee then ran to a secured room downstairs. He later told police he thought Incognito was going to kill him.

I mean, it's not funny. But it's also, not, not funny.

People like this scare the hell out of me. I've had the displeasure of dealing with people like this in retail.

Where it's like amusing to an extent but if you accidentally say the wrong thing, the guy is going to snap. I've found it's best to compliment the egos of these people.

Laugh abundantly at their jokes and tell them how wonderful they are.

Incognito actually has skills. Too bad his apparent mental/behavioral issues is getting in the way of a promising career.

Hope he gets the help he needs, and the NFL doesn't set himself and those around him up for failure by continuing to make him eligible to play (he's currently UFA, correct?) -- the headaches and scandals and damage this guy has done already should, IMHO, prevent him from playing until he has his issues under control. If not, he's just a time bomb waiting to go off...yet again.
Don't think there is much to worry about.  A teams will sign him the same day it signs say Ray Rice. I just feel bad for the poor people at that funeral home, being put in that situation.   

Last edited by a moderator:

He’s 35 so his career is/was pretty much over anyway.

Stuart Ullman said:
I mean, it's not funny. But it's also, not, not funny.

People like this scare the hell out of me. I've had the displeasure of dealing with people like this in retail.

Where it's like amusing to an extent but if you accidentally say the wrong thing, the guy is going to snap. I've found it's best to compliment the egos of these people.

Laugh abundantly at their jokes and tell them how wonderful they are.
I don’t think anyone finds humor in this situation. Obviously has some screws loose, whether it’s football related or manic episode or whatever, and despite his previous outbursts I wonder if he will feel bad about it once he gets right. 

Not to get all political sub forum but after the episode in the gym he should not have been permitted access to guns. 

Ack88 said:
This looks like a case of early onset CTE. The man is mentally ill. Hopefully, he will get help before someone gets seriously hurt.
I'd go out on a limb and say it IS CTE.  You can't just take a guy and treat him like a lab rat, but man, the stuff they could learn about detecting it in living individuals from him would be incredible...because in my mind at least, there is no doubt he has it.

CTE is a good guess but I feel pretty comfortable saying there is probably a nice addition of massive steroid abuse on top of that...this is pretty scary...he is one large, mean dude...this is not going to end will...hopefully he only hurts himself...

Not to get all political sub forum but after the episode in the gym he should not have been permitted access to guns. 
I bet he doesn't. That's one of the problem with adding more gun laws. We don't enforce the laws that are on the books, so what are more going to do curb gun violence? This man should be no where near a fire arm, and yet he drives around with an arsenal. I can understand owning multiple fire arms. But carrying that many with you at any given time is in no way a means of self defense. That's an offensive ploy only. 

Users who are viewing this thread