Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

Recommended Posts

OCTOBER 1 2018 --- Movie cancelled?   Solo was considered so bad that the Bobba Fett and Obi-wan stand alone movies have been axed.

 

 

As mentioned in the Solo thread... BOBA FETT to get his own stand alone movie.

They will likely retcon part of his story.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/boba-fett-star-wars-story-232129769.html

The galaxy’s baddest bounty hunter is finally ready to get his time to shine. With Solo blasting into theaters this weekend, there’s news that his sometime nemesis (and fan favorite) Boba Fett is going to get a Star Wars Story of his very own.

The Hollywood Reporter says that James Mangold, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of last year’s Wolverine swan song, Logan, is in the midst of developing a standalone feature about the Mandalorian mercenary.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is good. I hope they stop for a while after this on these solo movies before diluting the brand. 

Edited by RokNRole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RokNRole said:

This is good. I hope they stop for a while after this on these solo movies before diluting the brand. 

:yes:

Solo and Fett are the two most of us would want to see. Others don't really have the same draw. 

Maybe a young Yoda could be interesting. Young emperor has some potential, but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a young Luke? Could see him as a teenager always looking for something more while stuck on desert planet or something.  Show us how he learned the force. 

That might be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RokNRole said:

This is good. I hope they stop for a while after this on these solo movies before diluting the brand. 

Let me guess. You're one of those folks that think 1 exhibition game and an 18 games regular season NFL games is just "too much" meaningful football. Amiright?

The worst Star Wars movie(yes, I'm talking about Episode 1) is still better than the best Transformer, or Smurf, or random bag-o-crap that Hollywood puts out. Even that last Avenger movie was borderline unwatchable imo. Those super hero movies have a worse batting average than portly relief pitcher if you ask me.

 If you have no interest in a Chewbacca or Yoda movie..... just don't go to it. That was always my response to people that thought lengthening the NFL season somehow watered down the games. Instead of ignoring the 4 exhibition games at the top of the schedule just ignore the first two regular season games and you're good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Tatooine Nights— A raw look at the hedonistic drug and sex culture on Jabba’s Pleasure Barge as seen through the eyes of Salacious Crumb. 

I'd watch it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

:yes:

Solo and Fett are the two most of us would want to see. Others don't really have the same draw. 

Maybe a young Yoda could be interesting. Young emperor has some potential, but that's about it.

I am really looking forward to the Obiwan story myself.  It is suppose to be set after he goes to Tatooine and hopefully will star Ewan McGregor.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am really looking forward to the Obiwan story myself.  It is suppose to be set after he goes to Tatooine and hopefully will star Ewan McGregor.

Is this a real thing? I have no real desire to see old Ben become a hermit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -OZ- said:

Is this a real thing?

it was in the first post of this thread.

Plot details are under wraps but would, like Solo, be set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars, A New Hope, just like the other Star Wars Story in development, a film centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi and helmed by Stephen Daldry.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-standalone-film-works-205111373.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Is this a real thing? I have no real desire to see old Ben become a hermit.

A whole lot of folks enjoyed seeing the story how Luke became a hermit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Maybe a young Luke? Could see him as a teenager always looking for something more while stuck on desert planet or something.  Show us how he learned the force. 

That might be good. 

Unless I'm misremembering SW4, Luke didn't do a whole lot as a kid. Seemed to be bored.

50 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

 

The worst Star Wars movie(yes, I'm talking about Episode 1) is still better than the best Transformer, or Smurf, or random bag-o-crap that Hollywood puts out. Even that last Avenger movie was borderline unwatchable imo. Those super hero movies have a worse batting average than portly relief pitcher if you ask me.

 

:shrug: to each their own but imo the first transformers movie was much better than SW1, the most recent avengers and most of the MCU are better than any but the original SW trilogy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

:yes:

Solo and Fett are the two most of us would want to see. Others don't really have the same draw. 

Maybe a young Yoda could be interesting. Young emperor has some potential, but that's about it.

VADER

Damn it, I want to see Vader rampaging and killing everybody and I want it now.  

And I don’t think Boba (and Jango) were actually Mandalorians.    :nerd:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

it was in the first post of this thread.

Plot details are under wraps but would, like Solo, be set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars, A New Hope, just like the other Star Wars Story in development, a film centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi and helmed by Stephen Daldry.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-standalone-film-works-205111373.html

I didn't click the link.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

, the most recent avengers and most of the MCU are better than any but the original SW trilogy. 

any but 4 and 5 imo.  Infinity War blows away the teddy bears in every imaginable way to me (and I am a huge Star Wars nut)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew74 said:

VADER

Damn it, I want to see Vader rampaging and killing everybody and I want it now.  

And I don’t think Boba (and Jango) were actually Mandalorians.    :nerd:

Didn't we already see that? 

The way Hollywood has been acting these last few years we'll probably get a dozen Vader movies, but the character seems sufficiently developed in the first 6 and clone wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

any but 4 and 5 imo.  Infinity War blows away the teddy bears in every imaginable way to me (and I am a huge Star Wars nut)

Yeah, I can't disagree there. Many of us would view RoJ much different if created today than we did when we were 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrew74 said:

.And I don’t think Boba (and Jango) were actually Mandalorians.    :nerd:

According to wiki, Jango claimed he was born on Concord Dawn which was a Mandalorian world.

I am unsure if this is canon any more though or got swept with the great purge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Tatooine Nights— A raw look at the hedonistic drug and sex culture on Jabba’s Pleasure Barge as seen through the eyes of Salacious Crumb. 

spoiler alert: crumb is a religious fanatic and her converts all of Jabba's court to strict puritanical sect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Didn't we already see that? 

The way Hollywood has been acting these last few years we'll probably get a dozen Vader movies, but the character seems sufficiently developed in the first 6 and clone wars.

We saw him kill a bunch of rebels in a ship.  That’s about it.  We didn’t even get to see him wipe out the temple.  We get bits and pieces.  I’d like to see the whole “hunt down and kill the Jedi” that’s talked about.  But I doubt we ever see a movie about that - I’m guessing 2 hours of murderous rampaging isn’t Star Wars-y.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

According to wiki, Jango claimed he was born on Concord Dawn which was a Mandalorian world.

I am unsure if this is canon any more though or got swept with the great purge.

I think that’s all we have - he claims it.  The Mandalorians claim he’s a fraud. IIRC, the Mandalorians disavow him in The Clone Wars. 

ETA - it would be cooler if he was a rogue Mandalorian as opposed to some dude in a stolen suit. 

Edited by Andrew74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:

spoiler alert: crumb is a religious fanatic and her converts all of Jabba's court to strict puritanical sect.

Crumb is a make kowakian monkey-lizard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Let me guess. You're one of those folks that think 1 exhibition game and an 18 games regular season NFL games is just "too much" meaningful football. Amiright?

The worst Star Wars movie(yes, I'm talking about Episode 1) is still better than the best Transformer, or Smurf, or random bag-o-crap that Hollywood puts out. Even that last Avenger movie was borderline unwatchable imo. Those super hero movies have a worse batting average than portly relief pitcher if you ask me.

 If you have no interest in a Chewbacca or Yoda movie..... just don't go to it. That was always my response to people that thought lengthening the NFL season somehow watered down the games. Instead of ignoring the 4 exhibition games at the top of the schedule just ignore the first two regular season games and you're good.

I agree with everything you wrote here, except the avenger movie, which ruled. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoltBacker said:

A whole lot of folks enjoyed seeing the story how Luke became a hermit.

Yes, because he is much better looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

We saw him kill a bunch of rebels in a ship.  That’s about it.  We didn’t even get to see him wipe out the temple.  We get bits and pieces.  I’d like to see the whole “hunt down and kill the Jedi” that’s talked about.  But I doubt we ever see a movie about that - I’m guessing 2 hours of murderous rampaging isn’t Star Wars-y.   

Maybe on Disney's streaming service. But I don't think it makes for a good movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

They tried to tell the Boba Fett story in the prequels, and it sucked.

I think you are confusing Boba and Jango.  Boba was just a kid in the prequel, we know nothing of his story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:
22 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

They tried to tell the Boba Fett story in the prequels, and it sucked.

I think you are confusing Boba and Jango.  Boba was just a kid in the prequel, we know nothing of his story.

My point is that Fetts are boring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [scooter] said:

My point is that Fetts are boring.

I think Jango was.  I can't say for Boba's story since I have not seen it yet.  I think there is a lot of room for good stuff with Mangold writing it.  He can give it that dark edge needed for a merc character as the star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am really looking forward to the Obiwan story myself.  It is suppose to be set after he goes to Tatooine and hopefully will star Ewan McGregor.

This x 1,000.  Ewan's even the perfect age right now to play Obi-Wan a few years after he dropped Luke off.  If there's anyone out there who doesn't want to see Obi-Wan heading out on some undercover mission where he for some reason gets to lightsaber and mind-trick his way across the galaxy while erasing all traces of his visit, with a bonus scene of him communing with Force Ghost Qui-Gon and of course huddling telepathically or otherwise with Yoda, here we must part company.  If they get the Rogue One writers or someone with similar skill they can even add to the overall story and/or clear up some Lucas boners like supplying some explanation why Vader never went looking for his kid with the same name on his home planet "hiding" with people he knew.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I think Jango was.  I can't say for Boba's story since I have not seen it yet.  I think there is a lot of room for good stuff with Mangold writing it.  He can give it that dark edge needed for a merc character as the star.

I know it won’t happen but it would be cool if they went R Rated like Deadpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Aerial Assault said:

This x 1,000.  Ewan's even the perfect age right now to play Obi-Wan a few years after he dropped Luke off.  If there's anyone out there who doesn't want to see Obi-Wan heading out on some undercover mission where he for some reason gets to lightsaber and mind-trick his way across the galaxy while erasing all traces of his visit, with a bonus scene of him communing with Force Ghost Qui-Gon and of course huddling telepathically or otherwise with Yoda, here we must part company.  If they get the Rogue One writers or someone with similar skill they can even add to the overall story and/or clear up some Lucas boners like supplying some explanation why Vader never went looking for his kid with the same name on his home planet "hiding" with people he knew.  

Spoiler Alert: Obi Wan mind ####ed Anakin/Vader right after his legs burned off.  Anakin was vulnerable (cuz he was being eaten by lava) and Obi Wan made Anakin think that Obi Wan was dead already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Spoiler Alert: Obi Wan mind ####ed Anakin/Vader right after his legs burned off.  Anakin was vulnerable (cuz he was being eaten by lava) and Obi Wan made Anakin think that Obi Wan was dead already.

He told him he had the high ground :shrug:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RokNRole said:

This is good. I hope they stop for a while after this on these solo movies before diluting the brand. 

It will never ever stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Spoiler Alert: Obi Wan mind ####ed Anakin/Vader right after his legs burned off.  Anakin was vulnerable (cuz he was being eaten by lava) and Obi Wan made Anakin think that Obi Wan was dead already.

Not sure if you're being serious or funny, because that is funny.  But if you're serious . . . . Even though I happen to have enjoyed the heck out of the prequel trilogy (mostly for seeing Jedi in their prime), while that is possible, there's zero evidence that any Jedi, even Obi-Wan,  could do that to another person, let alone a Jedi as strong as Anakin, with such long-lasting effects.  And even if I did buy that, that fails to explain how the entire rest of what became the Empire, including a Sith lord who headed it, also neglected to sort out what was up on Vader's home planet with any little kid about the right age to have been delivered by Vader's very pregnant wife.  Sporting the same last name and living with known relatives.  An Obi-Wan movie could actually provide a credible explanation for all this, which would be a nice bonus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Let me guess. You're one of those folks that think 1 exhibition game and an 18 games regular season NFL games is just "too much" meaningful football. Amiright?

The worst Star Wars movie(yes, I'm talking about Episode 1) is still better than the best Transformer, or Smurf, or random bag-o-crap that Hollywood puts out. Even that last Avenger movie was borderline unwatchable imo. Those super hero movies have a worse batting average than portly relief pitcher if you ask me.

 If you have no interest in a Chewbacca or Yoda movie..... just don't go to it. That was always my response to people that thought lengthening the NFL season somehow watered down the games. Instead of ignoring the 4 exhibition games at the top of the schedule just ignore the first two regular season games and you're good.

Yes I obviously consider Star Wars and football to be comparable. 

 

Do we really need 3 quarters of play? Let them play 15 minutes and be done with it.

 

100 yard field? That’s for quakers. Just shorten it to so we can get on with our lives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am really looking forward to the Obiwan story myself.  It is suppose to be set after he goes to Tatooine and hopefully will star Ewan McGregor.

https://youtu.be/22cdBDK-8hk

 

Looks like there is a pretty good chance it Stars McGregor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Maybe on Disney's streaming service. But I don't think it makes for a good movie. 

You’re probably right.  I would be more than happy with a cartoon.  But it has to be on the level with Clone Wars and not Rebels.  Rebels was too kiddie - this would have to be dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it.  Cool getup and all, but a standalone film?  Dude had like 3 minutes of screen time across the original trilogy.

 

Edit:  I see that Ramsay has already addressed this point with far more humor.

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Maybe on Disney's streaming service. But I don't think it makes for a good movie. 

I think this movie, and a lot more of the SW world, should be a series on their service. They can really milk this cash cow over there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Capella said:

I agree with everything you wrote here, except the avenger movie, which ruled. 

Exactly my take as well, and further, you can pry my DC TV shows from my cold hands.  But other than that he was right.  I wanted to press the "75% like" button but as we know that function is still in beta.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [scooter] said:

My point is that Fetts are boring.

Wrong. First the suit. Loaded with so many gadgets, James Bond is jealous. Second, Jango squared off one on one against a Jedi with a little boy in tow. That's a big set of brass ones right there and he got the better of the fight (with a little help from an 8 year old and a spaceship). The only non force user that has come close is Finn against Kylo, but in the Wussification of Kylo Ren - er, I mean Episode VII, Ren was a chump by the end. Jango and Obi Wan - Mano a Mano - on the landing pad in a driving rain storm. We got to see the jetpack in action and the two gun rig as well as Slave 1 bringing some heat. Fett's are not boring. They are Mandalores. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

you understand that is fan made right? 

:lmao:

and

:blackdot:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.