Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

I know they won't, but if they kill off Baby Yoda in the finale, that would make this the most WTF finale character death since Ned Stark.  The resulting uproar and the memes would break the internet far more than Kim Kardashian's ### did.  

2 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

I know they won't, but if they kill off Baby Yoda in the finale, that would make this the most WTF finale character death since Ned Stark.  The resulting uproar and the memes would break the internet far more than Kim Kardashian's ### did.  

Yea zero percent chance of that happening.

Just now, TheIronSheik said:

BTW, did anyone mention that he has force choke?  Isn't that a Sith power?  :confused:

Nah it's just a force power. Luke did it in Jedi. It's the same as push or pull. Just manipulating the force around you physically. Only the intent makes it evil. He thought Mando was in trouble so he defended him. 

Just now, Insein said:

Nah it's just a force power. Luke did it in Jedi. It's the same as push or pull. Just manipulating the force around you physically. Only the intent makes it evil. He thought Mando was in trouble so he defended him. 

Not that I'm doubting you, but who did Luke do it to?  I'm old and forget things.

Honestly, I'm basing my knowledge of it off of KOTOR.  I believe if you chose to go down the 'bad' path, you could use force choke.  But it wasn't an option on the 'good' path. :shrug:

I do love how we get to see just how big the galaxy is.  A kid from Tatooine has a mystical force that he uses to overthrow the Empire and not only does no one on that planet know anything about him.  But no one has even seen the force used.  Up until now, I had always just assumed that the force was something that was pretty prevalent throughout the galaxy.  But apparently it's not very well known at all.  I like that bit of info. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Not that I'm doubting you, but who did Luke do it to?  I'm old and forget things.

Honestly, I'm basing my knowledge of it off of KOTOR.  I believe if you chose to go down the 'bad' path, you could use force choke.  But it wasn't an option on the 'good' path. :shrug:

The gamorean guards at jabbas palace when he first entered.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Insein said:

The gamorean guards at jabbas palace when he first entered.

Ahsoka did it in Clone Wars too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Obi-Wan lived as a hermit on Tatooine for a few decades...odds are high that he force choked the ol' chicken on occasion.  

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

BTW, did anyone mention that he has force choke?  Isn't that a Sith power?  :confused:

Yeah I'm telling you, he's a Dark Side Yoda and the bad guys want him back to reboot their empire. 

That's really why there's no merch. He's Baby Adolf. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Healing is a KOTOR light side power :shrug:

7 minutes ago, thecatch said:

Healing is a KOTOR light side power :shrug:

So he's a Jedi AND a Sith?  Sweet. 

Some pretty funny moments:

Cara Dune: “He alright up there alone?”

Mando: “Yeah.”

30 seconds later...Baby Yoda nearly crashes the ship

Greed Karga: “Nothing can go wrong.”...instantly attacked by pterodactyls

Just now, sports_fan said:

Some pretty funny moments:

Cara Dune: “He alright up there alone?”

Mando: “Yeah.”

30 seconds later...Baby Yoda nearly crashes the ship

Greed Karga: “Nothing can go wrong.”...instantly attacked by pterodactyls

I find myself cracking up at a lot of things in this show.  It's subtle humor.  My favorite was when Mando was telling Baby Yoda that the instrument on the ship wasn't a toy and not to touch it.  And Baby Yoda looked at him and slowly started reaching for it.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

So he's a Jedi AND a Sith?  Sweet. 

You can't put baby Yoda in a box.  Well, metaphorically, at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

I find myself cracking up at a lot of things in this show.  It's subtle humor.  My favorite was when Mando was telling Baby Yoda that the instrument on the ship wasn't a toy and not to touch it.  And Baby Yoda looked at him and slowly started reaching for it.  :lol:

One of my favorite parts of the series so far was when the droid is about to shoot Baby Yoda in Ep. 6, and Yoda starts move his hand like he's doing a force power.  Then the droid's head explodes, and Yoda looks at his hand for a second like, "whoa, what did I just do?"

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

P.S. new tie fighter was dope AF

Right.  Forgot about that.  When it started to collapse its wings, I was like, "That seems new."  

I feel like my old, ADHD brain has trouble remembering what time period we're in on this show.

21 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Right.  Forgot about that.  When it started to collapse its wings, I was like, "That seems new."  

I feel like my old, ADHD brain has trouble remembering what time period we're in on this show.

That was a pretty badass way to make an entrance. 

Also, I am wondering if Moff Fring is some sort of inquisitor who was trained in the force, but never really mastered it and is looking for someone to be his plus one in his new Sith sammich? 

• Thanks 1

Hey, also, who was Werner talking to?  I know he said a name but I didn't catch it and wasn't sure if we were supposed to know who that was.  Was it Fring and I just totally missed that connection?

9 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Hey, also, who was Werner talking to?  I know he said a name but I didn't catch it and wasn't sure if we were supposed to know who that was.  Was it Fring and I just totally missed that connection?

It was Fring

1 hour ago, Jaysus said:

Ahsoka did it in Clone Wars too. 

In the same scene, Ahsoka also stops her friend from using the force choke to kill saying it is not the Jedi way.

Lucas's original idea for Return of the Jedi was to be much more focused on Luke' struggle with turning to the dark side.  Much of this was lost due to the time Lucas gave to the Ewoks but some of the tidbits were left in like Luke using the force choke and dressing head to toe in black.

I think it is fair to say that the force choke is usually more associated with the dark side.  The wookiepedia even mentions that it is actually forbidden to be used by Jedi.

Not that Baby Yoda knows anything about this but Favreau is more of a Star Wars nerd than all of us put together so who knows why he chose to put that in.  Very fun though :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

In the same scene, Ahsoka also stops her friend from using the force choke to kill saying it is not the Jedi way.

Lucas's original idea for Return of the Jedi was to be much more focused on Luke' struggle with turning to the dark side.  Much of this was lost due to the time Lucas gave to the Ewoks but some of the tidbits were left in like Luke using the force choke and dressing head to toe in black.

I think it is fair to say that the force choke is usually more associated with the dark side.  The wookiepedia even mentions that it is actually forbidden to be used by Jedi.

Not that Baby Yoda knows anything about this but Favreau is more of a Star Wars nerd than all of us put together so who knows why he chose to put that in.  Very fun though :)

Yup.  I was just about to say that wookiepedia says it's a dark force.  

Which, if any of the three happens in the last episode this season?

1) baby yoda speaks

2) Pascal shows his face to the camera

3) Mando gets an on screen name (Pascal has said the characters name in an interview but I don't think it has been said in the series yet).

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

1) baby yoda speaks

3) Mando gets an on screen name (Pascal has said the characters name in an interview but I don't think it has been said in the series yet).

I'd say #3.

9 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

1) baby yoda speaks

None of the above 

Definitely was not expecting kuiil to die. Hopefully he isn't dead. 

Really liking Gina / Cara. Took me a while to recognize her as Angel dust. That's disappointing as it probably means she won't play a larger role in a Marvel movie.  

On 12/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, NewlyRetired said:

I trust Favreau's judgement on where he's going with it. 

It's about time for Mando to realize Baby Yoda is able to understand much of what's said around him even if he is unable to communicate.

Ep 7 is great, even if predictable. Baby Yoda is a stone cold killer. The ending, what a great entrance for Gus. Seems like a big mess for Mando, not sure how he's getting out of it alive

Whomever coined Darth Gus: thank you for your service. I will never refer to him as anything else. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, Insein said:

I trust Favreau's judgement on where he's going with it. 

How much say does he have vs. what we have witnessed happen for the movies?   Just curious how much creative control Favreau has here.  

On 12/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, KarmaPolice said:

We aren't going to agree here, and that's ok. I thought a couple in the "crew" in episode 6 looked like Buffy bad guys.  Just compared to other shows out there, I scratch my head with this one- especially after seeing rumors of what the budget supposedly is.  

There are other shows and other threads. You ranked the show as below average. Time to change the channel and move on. At this point you can say that you are in it for the nostalgia, but really you're just hate watching. We get it. You're too cool for this low brow stuff. That's fine. Go find that high brow stuff worthy of your time and let is mouth breathers enjoy our drivel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HOLY CRAP!

That was amazing!  And anyone who says there was no story for season 1 is sorely mistaken.  I literally was left a couple of times with my mouth wide open in amazement.

Obviously no spoilers today, but I can't wait to go back and rewatch this season.

I hope that Disney bucks the trend of having seasons come out every 2 years or so.  I hope we get season 2 this fall.  Or sooner.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

HOLY CRAP!

That was amazing!  And anyone who says there was no story for season 1 is sorely mistaken.  I literally was left a couple of times with my mouth wide open in amazement.

Obviously no spoilers today, but I can't wait to go back and rewatch this season.

I hope that Disney bucks the trend of having seasons come out every 2 years or so.  I hope we get season 2 this fall.  Or sooner.  

Oh wow, it's out already??  Hmm.  I'll need to find some time today to watch this...

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

HOLY CRAP!

Filming now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Filming now. 

I figured it might be when you said the above.  I just hope they keep these coming out in a timely manner.  It seems like the new trend, especially with the streaming services is a 1.5 -2+ year turnaround on new seasons.

After this season is over, there will be zero original content on Disney+ that I'm interested in.  Considering their library is already minuscule compared Netflix and Amazon, they really need to come out with more shows and with a new Mandalorian season pretty quickly.  I'm cancelling my subscription so I have until about mid-January left.  I'll renew when they have more content available, but I'm not holding my breathe that it will be anytime soon.

5 hours ago, RC94 said:

After this season is over, there will be zero original content on Disney+ that I'm interested in.  Considering their library is already minuscule compared Netflix and Amazon, they really need to come out with more shows and with a new Mandalorian season pretty quickly.  I'm cancelling my subscription so I have until about mid-January left.  I'll renew when they have more content available, but I'm not holding my breathe that it will be anytime soon.

I’d be doing the same if I didn’t have kids.  There is a ton of content coming down the pipe, but the next 6 months are pretty light I think.