Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

I can’t wait for the 24 hour grace period to be over so we can discuss all of what went down. 

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Darksaber was awesome if you watched rebels. 

I forgot about that. I was thinking back to The Clone Wars and Pre Visla/Darth Maul.  I completely nerded out. 

That was some of the best Star Wars I’ve seen in a while. I haven’t geeked out that hard since “The Lawless” episode of The Clone Wars.  

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

I can’t wait for the 24 hour grace period to be over so we can discuss all of what went down. 

Wait, we can’t discuss how baby yoda died until tomorrow?

• Laughing 1

This show is amazing. Wasn't perfect. Some simplified things happening to keep the show moving but overall this was a great finale to set up a larger adventure. 

Great call by @TheIronSheik on the dark saber. Was wondering if they would try to Fit it in and there it was. 

Loved it. The opening sequence was hilarious. 

I guess I don’t understand how nobody has ever heard of Jedi before?  Why was the Mandalorian leader resorting to ancient folklore to explain who they were?  Weren’t the Jedi leading the republic’s forces in the clone wars, only like 30ish years before this all took place? Plus I imagine Luke was a recent and widely known hero of the rebellion/new republic.

• Like 2

Just now, thecatch said:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I don’t understand how nobody has ever heard of Jedi before?  Why was the Mandalorian leader resorting to ancient folklore to explain who they were?  Weren’t the Jedi leading the republic’s forces in the clone wars, only like 30ish years before this all took place? Plus I imagine Luke was a recent and widely known hero of the rebellion/new republic.

Totally agree. :moneybag:

So Mando is going to be heading out to look for “Jedi wizards” to connect baby yoda to? Who is left at this time period? Just Luke? Ezra from Rebels is missing. 

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

So Mando is going to be heading out to look for “Jedi wizards” to connect baby yoda to? Who is left at this time period? Just Luke? Ezra from Rebels is missing. 

Has it been 24 hours yet?

Well in the Disney Canon, it's pretty wide open. I guess we could possibly have a live action Ashoka finally. She should still be around in hiding.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

HOLY CRAP!

That was amazing!  And anyone who says there was no story for season 1 is sorely mistaken.  I literally was left a couple of times with my mouth wide open in amazement.

Obviously no spoilers today, but I can't wait to go back and rewatch this season.

I hope that Disney bucks the trend of having seasons come out every 2 years or so.  I hope we get season 2 this fall.  Or sooner.  

Really good season.  Fall 2020 for season 2.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, TheIronSheik said:

I,.  The more I watch, the more I think we're going to see someone wielding the Darksaber by the end of this season.  Possibly whoever's legs we saw at the end of the this last episode? 

Whoa

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecatch said:

Hide contents

The opening sequence was great.  I loved it when they were practicing their “marksmanship.”

I don’t get this either.  You are right, the Siege of Mandalore was ~30 years before this episode.  We know that Kenobi and Maul were on Mandalore.  Ashoka is supposed to be on Mandalore during this as well.  I guess the upcoming season of The Clone Wars will fill all this in.  

I don’t get the lack of knowledge about the Jedi, either.  Is the universe so big vs even the hundreds/thousands of Jedi that they aren’t well known outside the core worlds?  Mandalorians and Jedi fought many wars, and the darksaber itself was made by a Mandalorian Jedi.   Are we to believe that all the Mandalorians in this show were exiles/ex pats that weren’t around Mandalore during the siege time period and only some knew of ancient myths?

Regarding Luke, did everyone know he was a Jedi and that was published far and wide?  Did people even know Palpatine was a Sith or even a force wielder?  Some seem to know about Vader but even then his own Imperial officers call it an “ancient religion” as if it was some sect from eons ago.   It’s all confusing.

Edited by Andrew74
  • Like 1

How do we get Favreau to do the rest of the theatrical releases?

this series was terrific, easily better than episodes 7-9.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

How do we get Favreau to do the rest of the theatrical releases?

this series was terrific, easily better than episodes 7-9.

Pay him a ton of money and let him have full creative control.

10 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Pay him a ton of money and let him have full creative control.

"This is the way"

• Like 3

How brilliant or lucky of Disney. Mando is an excellent replacement for Iron Man. The timing... Look at it!

25 minutes ago, Otis said:

Can we talk spoilers in here yet?

Dead baby Yoda was unexpected imo.

44 minutes ago, Otis said:

Can we talk spoilers in here yet?

Yes. I have spoken.

Carasynthia of Alderran, huh?

• Like 1

SPOILERS NERDS 

So I thought the guy who helped him out of the hole as a kid was Boba Fett. Was I wrong?  Generations too late I imagine  

Did we ever figure out who was the guy in the desert with the spurs from a few episodes ago?

is the Mando actor the guy from that drug lord series on Netflix some time ago, about Pablo Escobar?  He’s been good. Also love the guy from Breaking Bad. 

this is the way 

Ahhhhh.  Otis you May be right he did look like that drug actor. Hard to tell with different hair and the blood booger. 

1 minute ago, Otis said:

SPOILERS NERDS 

So I thought the guy who helped him out of the hole as a kid was Boba Fett. Was I wrong?  Generations too late I imagine  

Did we ever figure out who was the guy in the desert with the spurs from a few episodes ago?

is the Mando actor the guy from that drug lord series on Netflix some time ago, about Pablo Escobar?  He’s been good. Also love the guy from Breaking Bad. 

this is the way 

It likely wasn’t Boba Fett, who probably isn’t that much older than Mando in the timeline.  Looks like it was someone from the group Death Watch that rescued him.  They played a big role in the Clone Wars series

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Otis said:

SPOILERS NERDS 

this is the way 

1. Wrong

2. Gus

3. yep, it’s Peter. 

4. Just realized you’re in my people I may know feed for the book of faces app, the hands have you away.

• Laughing 2

33 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

1. Wrong

2. Gus

3. yep, it’s Peter. 

4. Just realized you’re in my people I may know feed for the book of faces app, the hands have you away.

Hard to remain anonymous with these mitts.

49 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

you're on an island here bro

Guess so,  and I am used to that around here.  I didn't know he was considered an elite director by the masses now. 

Mostly the comment was for preferring it to go the marvel style and having an overarching vision, but dont get in a rut of having the same director for a bunch of movies.  

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Mostly the comment was for preferring it to go the marvel style and having an overarching vision, but dont get in a rut of having the same director for a bunch of movies.  

Well, I agree with that unless the Director is killing it.  See Christopher Nolan.

1 minute ago, TripItUp said:

Well, I agree with that unless the Director is killing it.  See Christopher Nolan.

Hi, time for my island. Except for the Joker scenes those Batman movies sucked. 

Hi, time for my island. Except for the Joker scenes those Batman movies sucked. 

wowza...certainly on an island

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

wowza...certainly on an island

Third one was an absolutely terrible movie, first was insanely boring and the second was really good. All took themselves way too serious, it’s a comic book movie not world war 2. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Third one was an absolutely terrible movie, first was insanely boring and the second was really good. All took themselves way too serious, it’s a comic book movie not world war 2. 

Agree 3rd was the weakest and was a bit scattered.  2nd was a masterpiece despite drawn out ending.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I thought of that, but a lot of people didn't love the 3rd one there either.  

2 hours ago, boots11234 said:

Ahhhhh.  Otis you May be right he did look like that drug actor. Hard to tell with different hair and the blood booger. 

Yes, Pedro Pascal was also Oberyn Martell (The Red Viper) from Game of Thrones. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

The Russo brothers directed Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War and End Game.

I'll take a rut like that any day :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

The Russo brothers directed Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War and End Game.

I'll take a rut like that any day :)

For sure.  Maybe if they are burnt out on Marvel, let them give Star Wars a go. 

It would get a little repetitive if they did them all though.  I really like having the different directors and styles of the other characters and movies.    I love Winter Soldier, but I dont think I want all the movies to have that tone and style.  

I hate Marvel and that style of film in general.

Give me a story teller like Jackson or Favreau any day of the week.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

For sure.  Maybe if they are burnt out on Marvel, let them give Star Wars a go. 

It would get a little repetitive if they did them all though.  I really like having the different directors and styles of the other characters and movies.    I love Winter Soldier, but I dont think I want all the movies to have that tone and style.  

I was not advocating that they take on Star Wars, I was just giving a MCU example of where the same director can make plenty of good movies in a row. 

I prefer consistency in my story telling.  I want the story, writing style and directing style to have a similar look and feel, movie to movie, else we end up with a completely disjointed trilogy like we had when JJ and Johnson were working from completely different view points.  It did not feel like one story in the end as they kept retconning each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TripItUp said:

I hate Marvel and that style of film in general.

Give me a story teller like Jackson or Favreau any day of the week.

You hate Marvel but like Favreau.  That seems inconsistent to me. He produced or directed 7 Marvel movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

You hate Marvel but like Favreau.  That seems inconsistent to me. He produced or directed 7 Marvel movies.

And he is the "storyteller" behind 3 Disney live action remakes.  

4 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

both can be true

2 hours ago, phandango said:

Yes, Pedro Pascal was also Oberyn Martell (The Red Viper) from Game of Thrones. 

My understanding is that he was on set exactly for one day to wear the suit for that scene. 

27 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

My understanding is that he was on set exactly for one day to wear the suit for that scene. 

I did not realize he was only being a voice actor in the series.  I thought he was in the suit the whole time.  Good info!