Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I did not realize he was only being a voice actor in the series.  I thought he was in the suit the whole time.  Good info!

Apparently he is in the suit more this season. Was John Wayne’s grandson wearing it almost exclusively this one. Not sure if this is top secret or not ....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Apparently he is in the suit more this season. Was John Wayne’s grandson wearing it almost exclusively this one. Not sure if this is top secret or not ....

I read the only time it was exclusive was episode 4 since Pedro was in some broadway show. Other episodes it was split. 

9 hours ago, boots11234 said:

Ahhhhh.  Otis you May be right he did look like that drug actor. Hard to tell with different hair and the blood booger. 

Yes. He was one of the main characters in season 1 of Narcos.

Couple things. Moff Gideon must be a pretty bad dude to have that darksaber. The stormtrooper humor at the beginning was good. Mando being a daddy now is interesting. Glad to see Carl weathers with a recurring role. Baby Yoda is the cutest creature in the Galaxy

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TripItUp said:

I hate Marvel and that style of film in general.

Give me a story teller like Jackson or Favreau any day of the week.

I thought the beginning of this episode, with the funny banter between the storm troopers, was hilarious, but also SO Favreau/Marvel-like.  Enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Is that true?  If so that's pretty awesome. 

2 hours ago, Capella said:

I read the only time it was exclusive was episode 4 since Pedro was in some broadway show. Other episodes it was split. 

Just what my friend told me. 

9 hours ago, Otis said:

I thought the beginning of this episode, with the funny banter between the storm troopers, was hilarious, but also SO Favreau/Marvel-like.  Enjoyed it.

Anyone else notice of the one Scouts (baby Yoda puncher) is Jason Sudeikis?

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 3

Why did the humor by the speeder bike guys work for everyone but Poes anyone there humor in 8 not?

I enjoyed both FWIW

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Why did the humor by the speeder bike guys work for everyone but Poes anyone there humor in 8 not?

I enjoyed both FWIW

I liked both. Shrug 

The director of the episode was the same director as Thor Ragnarok. The humor was very similar in that it fit and didn't distract from the serious moments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Anyone else notice of the one Scouts (baby Yoda puncher) is Andy Sudeikis?

Is he related to Jason?

1 hour ago, Insein said:

The director of the episode was the same director as Thor Ragnarok. The humor was very similar in that it fit and didn't distract from the serious moments. 

he is also the voice of IG-11 (and he plays Korg in the MCU movies).  

Season 1 was fun. Looking forward to the 2nd season next fall.

7 hours ago, Skipdog77 said:

Is he related to Jason?

Yes. His typo is

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Capella said:

Hi, time for my island. Except for the Joker scenes those Batman movies sucked. 

The first one is arguably one of the best superhero movies ever.  I watched it on a plane recently and was enthralled.  The second one has not held up and the third one was and remains a mess.  So I mostly agree with you.  

• Like 1

I really liked the show — good but could have been great. 

I think I would have liked to have seen a few episodes that were just him hunting a new target each one. Then end the season with what were essentially the first three episodes this season — him giving up the life we just watched. The middle episodes this year I could never figure out what he was doing — seeking money?  Refuge?  Just walking the earth?  Felt like filler. Had the first 4-5 episodes just been him hunting different types of targets on different worlds, we still could have met his friends and would have got more character development and seen how great of a bounty hunter he really was. Then the “turn” to save The Child would have been more powerful. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Osaurus said:

other one was Adam Pally - he cracked me up in the 2 shows I saw him in.

• Like 1

Went to see 'Rise of Skywalker' yesterday.  Gotta say I enjoyed 'The Mandalorian' more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hastur said:

Went to see 'Rise of Skywalker' yesterday.  Gotta say I enjoyed 'The Mandalorian' more.

Same here... but Mandolorian is a different breed, style, format. 

Still really liked the film. 

16 hours ago, Osaurus said:

They should do a spin-off "A Stormtrooper's Life" with Sudeikis and Pally.  Sitcom about their daily lives.  Hanging out.  Dealing with the bureaucracy.  Show them bowling but always throwing gutter balls.

• Laughing 1

On 12/28/2019 at 8:25 PM, AcerFC said:

I enjoyed both FWIW

Setting and context mainly.  Two grunts killing time on a routine mission to yet another dirtball world, resorting to some gallows humor to avoid dwelling on the fact that they are, in fact, grunts that could die at any moment at the hands of their own as easily as the enemy...that rings “true” as the sort of thing  jaded veterans might do.

Cracking the same jokes while closing in on an enemy position, as the first shots of a campaign are being fired...not so plausible.  The First Order should have been preparing (prepared?) to blow the resistance out of the sky at the point when Poe shows up, and the humor feels forced and out of place.  On top of being exceedingly unlikely to have produced the desired delaying effect in a realistic setting.

My $0.02 anyway.  Others will no doubt have their own ideas.  Humor is a subtle thing, and often subjective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When the Darksaber appeared, that was on par with Darth Vader telling Luke he was his father to me.  Like mouth dropped wide open.  

Is Moff Fring a Mandolorian as well?  So many questions.  

And I can't believe both Quill and IG-11 died.  IG was awesome.  

On 12/28/2019 at 8:18 PM, Osaurus said:

Sudeikis getting some fun flak 😎 for punching baby Yoda:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2487527/the-mandalorian-fans-hate-jason-sudeikis-for-punching-baby-yoda-and-his-comedy-troupe-sold-him-out

(but don't forget that his character was also responsible for killing Kuiil)

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

On 12/29/2019 at 9:11 AM, Hastur said:

agreed...not close for me.

49 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

agreed...not close for me.

I did like Rise of Skywalker a lot more the 2nd time I saw it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jabarony said:

What's the background on this dark sabre you guys are so pumped about?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

There was a Mandalorian that was also a Jedi.  His name was Tarre Vizla.  This was kind of a big deal because Jedi and Mandalorians were pretty much enemies.  In fact, much of the Mandalorian weaponry and gadgets were designed so they could counter the Jedi's powers.  Anyway, he created his lightsaber and it was the Darksaber.  Many years after his death, the Darksaber became a symbol of the ruler of Mandalore.  Whoever wielded it was the rightful ruler of the Mandalorians.  

Now, I'm only a medium SW nerd, so I might be missing some details.  But this is kind of the basics.  

So technically, Moff Giddeon would be the ruler of Mandalore.  Of course, this doesn't mean that no one will challenge you.  It's not like King Arthur where whoever has it is the King and no one challenges his rule.  

The Darksaber is the most prized possession of the Mandalorians, along with Beskar.  But I would say that as big a deal Beskar is, the Darksaber is a hundred times more so.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

There was a Mandalorian that was also a Jedi.  His name was Tarre Vizla.  This was kind of a big deal because Jedi and Mandalorians were pretty much enemies.  In fact, much of the Mandalorian weaponry and gadgets were designed so they could counter the Jedi's powers.  Anyway, he created his lightsaber and it was the Darksaber.  Many years after his death, the Darksaber became a symbol of the ruler of Mandalore.  Whoever wielded it was the rightful ruler of the Mandalorians.  

Now, I'm only a medium SW nerd, so I might be missing some details.  But this is kind of the basics.  

So technically, Moff Giddeon would be the ruler of Mandalore.  Of course, this doesn't mean that no one will challenge you.  It's not like King Arthur where whoever has it is the King and no one challenges his rule.  

The Darksaber is the most prized possession of the Mandalorians, along with Beskar.  But I would say that as big a deal Beskar is, the Darksaber is a hundred times more so.  

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jabarony said:

Thanks. 

I'll add that it was part of the Clone Wars and Rebels series.

I finished the season. It was great. Agreed they should give control of the movies to Favreau & co.  After the disaster that was TLJ, this was just what the doctor ordered. 

I loved the old school references that they didn't bludgeon you over the head with.  Well,  everything except that storm trooper transport vehicle. That unlocked a painful memory of wanting a tie fighter or x- wing,  only to be kicked in the nuts when the gift turned out to be a pos troop transport.  

And I agree with another poster a few pages back.  Mando is a bit of a dunce sometimes. I guess you gotta get into predicaments before you can get out of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jabarony said:

I finished the season. It was great. Agreed they should give control of the movies to Favreau & co.  After the disaster that was TLJ, this was just what the doctor ordered. 

I loved the old school references that they didn't bludgeon you over the head with.  Well,  everything except that storm trooper transport vehicle. That unlocked a painful memory of wanting a tie fighter or x- wing,  only to be kicked in the nuts when the gift turned out to be a pos troop transport.  

And I agree with another poster a few pages back.  Mando is a bit of a dunce sometimes. I guess you gotta get into predicaments before you can get out of them. 

That transport had kick ### sounds effects man!

9 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

The only thing I'll add is the Mandalorians stole it out of the Jedi Temple during one of their conflicts.

I"m interested to see how Giddeon got it.  Maul had it when he was defeated by Sidious.  Then somehow it ends up on Dathomir (IIRC) when Sabine finds it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Some live action Rebels cameos could be interesting (Hera, Sabine, Rex, Hondo)

I know it won't happen but Luke and his Jedi academy would be awesome. 

Posted (edited)

Ended stronger than it started so that's a good sign. From the comments here I'm obviously the outlier with my take. Started really slow. Didn't make me care much about the main character. A little more I guess after he finally removed his helmet. Looking forward to season 2. I'm guessing the Marvel serieses will be more engaging as they are starting with already relatable characters.

Edited by cap'n grunge
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Ended stronger than it started so that's a good sign. From the comments here I'm obviously the outlier with my take. Started really slow. Didn't make me care much about the main character. A little more I guess after he finally removed his helmet. Looking forward to season 2. I'm guessing the Marvel serieses will be more engaging as they are starting with already relatable characters.

I find this so weird.  Maybe it's me just not connecting with humans as a whole, but I don't get this.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 5:00 PM, Andrew74 said:

The only thing I'll add is the Mandalorians stole it out of the Jedi Temple during one of their conflicts.

I"m interested to see how Giddeon got it.  Maul had it when he was defeated by Sidious.  Then somehow it ends up on Dathomir (IIRC) when Sabine finds it.

Giddeon was there when the Imperials raided Mandalore, which scattered the Mandos. He must've taken it then. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I find this so weird.  Maybe it's me just not connecting with humans as a whole, but I don't get this.

Same here. He's an utter badass but has a soft spot for baby Yoda. He kills another guild member in the first episode to save the little fella. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:24 PM, Walking Boot said:

So the IG droid had that same magic healing spray that fixes broken legs whenever a soccer player goes down?

Also during the whole "leave me, I'm done for" bit, how did no one remember that baby Yoda just cured Carl Weathers the night before? 

"Shut up Mando, we'll just get you out of the line if fire for a minute and see if the kid can fix you up." 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheFanatic said:

Same here. He's an utter badass but has a soft spot for baby Yoda. He kills another guild member in the first episode to save the little fella. 

Is he an utter badass, or does he just have basass armor?

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Going with both. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

We've seen what he can do.  So I'd say both.  I don't think there are many Mandalorians who wouldn't be considered badasses.