What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 - How did I do thread (3 Viewers)

Da Gildz said:
You actually won’t hide behind an alias?  I’m skeptical of that.   And 4 leagues of mine ?  I call bs on that.  But hey you were nowhere to be seen on the leaderboards.   I was there at least with a legit contender.

Isn’t all about the finish?  

:)
You definitely had a better team and chance then me last year but the 7 years before that I was there and do have a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 13th, and 20th place finish or something like that...  Good year last year though, you had some nice teams...  And I don't play with an Alias.......

I like the trash talk and energy here. Still want to see the 2 different leagues in here side by side. If it is all fun and friendly let some of us judge and then you guys can tell us in a couple weeks whose team is whose. 
You will know who's team is who's with the players that we selected though...  If Gildz wants to I'm ok with it but I will never post another players team without their consent..

All my teams are posted in this thread.   I’m an open book.  He didn’t post either of the teams he’s in with me.  Coincidence?  No.  He knows who the real players are.  

The difference is I don’t fear him as a player.  

I posted the team I thought I was in with you....  Maybe we don't have any together this year???  I thought you were using a strange name...  The guy talked to me in the chat room like it was you...  Huh

Nope.  Checked that also.  No Kamara/Ajayi combo in my leagues.  Did I really nail all 20 rds of your draft?  I know I’m good but dam that’s even impressive for myself.  

All my teams are posted in this thread.   I’m an open book.  He didn’t post either of the teams he’s in with me.  Coincidence?  No.  He knows who the real players are.  

The difference is I don’t fear him as a player.  
I fear neither of you.

Wonder who the hell that guys is then????  Thought for sure it was you
Yea well I rarely chat during a draft.  Outside of the obligatory “Wake me up in week 14” line.  Well not entirely true.  I was messing with a seasoned vet in the last one.  Guy took 6 WR’s before his RB2.  Just makes no sense to me.  But I digress.  

Yea well I rarely chat during a draft.  Outside of the obligatory “Wake me up in week 14” line.  Well not entirely true.  I was messing with a seasoned vet in the last one.  Guy took 6 WR’s before his RB2.  Just makes no sense to me.  But I digress.  
Well in this draft last night that we just posted our two teams the guy in the 5 hole took Watson, Newton, and Wentz in the 5th, 7th, and 8th

Well in this draft last night that we just posted our two teams the guy in the 5 hole took Watson, Newton, and Wentz in the 5th, 7th, and 8th
That’s pretty awful.  

And Scientist I don’t hate your team.  Don’t think it’s anyrhing special either.   I like Engram but can’t endorse him at 36 overall.  Still some elite players in that area you passed over.  And Reed at 60?  Meh.  Watkins at 6.1, Jordy 7, Hurns 9, Dez 10? Meh/meh/meh/meh.  No value anywhere.  Everyone getting all these guys later then you did.   Stafford/Mariota?  You get an A for boring.  I love your draft if it ended after round 2.  

Good luck tho. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s pretty awful.  

And Scientist I don’t hate your team.  Don’t think it’s anyrhing special either.   I like Engram but can’t endorse him at 36 overall.  Still some elite players in that area you passed over.  And Reed at 60?  Meh.  Watkins at 6.1, Jordy 7, Hurns 9, Dez 10? Meh/meh/meh/meh.  No value anywhere.  Everyone getting all these guys later then you did.   Stafford/Mariota?  You get an A for boring.  I love your draft if it ended after round 2.  

Good luck tho. 
I use to think like this. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you don't get the players you want and you are not guaranteed players will come back to you.  Pass up on a guy you feel will do great due to ADP thinking he will come back to you only not to get him sucks. I have always done this and really got burned last year losing out on players. This year if I have to reach Im going to do it. Id rather go down with my guys then go down with guys ADP says I should get. 

Sounds great.  That still doesn’t take away from the fact tons of other teams have these same players as you do, but in better spots with better players around them.   Just saw a board from last night with Engram going 6.3.  Jordy in the 10th, Dez in 13th yada yada.  Early drafting can find you some steals, it can also go the other way. This team of yours looks more like a victim of early drafting then it does a benefit.   I’m trying to find value at every spot whether I’m on the corner or not.  There are times I’ll reach for guys intentionally.  A la Guice at 3.2.  Getting “your” guy is nice and sweet until you see the other 600 teams with those same players with better nucleuses around them.  

Sounds great.  That still doesn’t take away from the fact tons of other teams have these same players as you do, but in better spots with better players around them.   Just saw a board from last night with Engram going 6.3.  Jordy in the 10th, Dez in 13th yada yada.  Early drafting can find you some steals, it can also go the other way. This team of yours looks more like a victim of early drafting then it does a benefit.   I’m trying to find value at every spot whether I’m on the corner or not.  There are times I’ll reach for guys intentionally.  A la Guice at 3.2.  Getting “your” guy is nice and sweet until you see the other 600 teams with those same players with better nucleuses around them.  
Dude..... chance of 600 teams having the same guys as you is impossible. Factor in to that free agent pickups throughout the year and its not possible. You and coots go with a quantity over quality approach to your drafts meaning you participate in tons of drafts hoping you find the lotto ticket. You then discard the crap teams and only talk about the good teams. Im sure if you have 10 entries and wait for value you can find a player late then pimp it as look at my value. 

I didn’t mean 600 exact same teams.  Meant a lot teams with those same players u took will have better players surrounding them.  And I’m not one of these mass drafters.  Usually 6-8 teams most years.  At 7 currently and likely done.  For the FBG one at least.  Main is in Sept.  and have a couple teams in other overall contests.  More volume then most for sure.  But I’m not one these crazy drafters like Crakrok/Hubbard who have 50+ teams in this thing.  May even be low there as they seem to be in every draft.  Crakrok may even break the record.  He’s gotta be up to 50 already.  

I didn’t mean 600 exact same teams.  Meant a lot teams with those same players u took will have better players surrounding them.  And I’m not one of these mass drafters.  Usually 6-8 teams most years.  At 7 currently and likely done.  For the FBG one at least.  Main is in Sept.  and have a couple teams in other overall contests.  More volume then most for sure.  But I’m not one these crazy drafters like Crakrok/Hubbard who have 50+ teams in this thing.  May even be low there as they seem to be in every draft.  Crakrok may even break the record.  He’s gotta be up to 50 already.  
I understand the VBD arguement. I understand your argument. For me if I have a player ranked ahead of others and I think in 20picks he won’t be there or there may only be a 50% chance he will come back I’m going to take him because I trust my own evaluation over ADP.

First time drafting in this format. Fro. The 9 hole.

Qb- Wilson(6), Smith(12)

RB-Drake(3), Ingram(4),  Lynch(7), Bernard(9), Martin(14), Blount(17), justin jackson(19)

Wr- Hopkins(1), Julio jones(2), Robert woods(8), Nelson agholor(10), Tyler lockett(13), Christian kirk(15)

Te- Engram(5), Clay(12), R. Seals-jones(16), 

K-Elliot(20)

Def Denver(18)

Very light on Rb. Had to take some risks at 9 and some RBS I wanted didn't make it back to me. Thoughts?  

Qb- Wilson(6), Smith(12)

RB-Drake(3), Ingram(4),  Lynch(7), Bernard(9), Martin(14), Blount(17), justin jackson(19)

Wr- Hopkins(1), Julio jones(2), Robert woods(8), Nelson agholor(10), Tyler lockett(13), Christian kirk(15)

K-Elliot(20)

Def Denver(18)

Very light on Rb. Had to take some risks at 9 and some RBS I wanted didn't make it back to me. Thoughts?  
You're going to be way behind all season at the RB position... without much upside or reinforcements on there.

Struggled with one last night....  Going to take some coaching on this team to get it through I think..

Big Ben, Trubisky

L. Bell, Guice, Hyde, Brieda, Wilkins, J. Jackson

AJ Green, JuJu, Edelman, Nelson, Gallup, Dez, Amendola, M. Bryant

D. Walker, J. Reed

Jacksonville, Z

Coots said:
Struggled with one last night....  Going to take some coaching on this team to get it through I think..

Big Ben, Trubisky

L. Bell, Guice, Hyde, Brieda, Wilkins, J. Jackson

AJ Green, JuJu, Edelman, Nelson, Gallup, Dez, Amendola, M. Bryant

D. Walker, J. Reed

Jacksonville, Z
This is your best team yet by far. 

ETA: Maybe not....Guice looks hurt

Here's one I just drafted... 12 hole... hate that spot this year... I just think there is going to be a huge difference between the value (and by that I mean points, certainty and consistency) of #6 and #12... and I think the value of the difference by more between each pick from 6/7-12.

QB: J Garoppolo (13), D Carr (18)

RB: D Cook (1), J Mixon (2), K Drake (3), G Bernard (9), A Jones (10), K Ballage (11), L Blount (14), R Smith (17)

WR: A Cooper (4), M Jones (5), P Garcon (7), DJ Moore (8), T Taylor (12), C Kirk (15)

TE: D Walker (6), RSJ (16)

K: C Boswell (19)

D: CAR (20)

Balanced team, but no true WR1... I need Moore or Taylor to step up.  Possibly reached on Mixon at the turn and wish I had Adams or Gronk instead... but I think Mixon lights it up this year.

And another one from earlier this week from the 9.  Doing one (maybe two if I am bored enough) per weekend until the start of the season from here on out... I will try to post 'em for discussion, feedback and info... 

QB: K Cousins (12)

RB: L Fournette (1), L Miller (5), M Lynch (7), N Chubb (8), J Wilkins (11), T Swanson (18)

WR: K Allen (2), S Diggs (3), A Thielen (4), DJ Moore (9), A Miller (10), M Gallup (13), C Godwin (15), D Cain (16), C Patterson (17)

TE: J Doyle (6), A Hooper (14)

K: J Elliot (20)

DEF: PIT (19)

Regrets: Chub in the 8th.  Just a bad pick, but I wanted a little RB upside and the only other options were Mack and A Jones.  Wish I had waited a round on Miller, although I like him this year, so at his 5th/6th (sometimes +) ADP I am grabbing him as an RB 2/3 in a lot of leagues.  Same with Lynch ... wish I could have gotten him in the 8th, but I love him as an RB 3/4.  Doyle will be serviceable at TE w/ Luck back in action, but could have done better here.

I was thrilled to get Thielen in the fourth... so I stacked Diggs and Thielen with Cousins making this team potentially highly volatile, but I also think the Vikes are going to be really good this year, and the passing offense will be even better.

Have at it, gents!

And another one from earlier this week from the 9.  Doing one (maybe two if I am bored enough) per weekend until the start of the season from here on out... I will try to post 'em for discussion, feedback and info... 

QB: K Cousins (12)

RB: L Fournette (1), L Miller (5), M Lynch (7), N Chubb (8), J Wilkins (11), T Swanson (18)

WR: K Allen (2), S Diggs (3), A Thielen (4), DJ Moore (9), A Miller (10), M Gallup (13), C Godwin (15), D Cain (16), C Patterson (17)

TE: J Doyle (6), A Hooper (14)

K: J Elliot (20)

DEF: PIT (19)

Regrets: Chub in the 8th.  Just a bad pick, but I wanted a little RB upside and the only other options were Mack and A Jones.  Wish I had waited a round on Miller, although I like him this year, so at his 5th/6th (sometimes +) ADP I am grabbing him as an RB 2/3 in a lot of leagues.  Same with Lynch ... wish I could have gotten him in the 8th, but I love him as an RB 3/4.  Doyle will be serviceable at TE w/ Luck back in action, but could have done better here.

I was thrilled to get Thielen in the fourth... so I stacked Diggs and Thielen with Cousins making this team potentially highly volatile, but I also think the Vikes are going to be really good this year, and the passing offense will be even better.

Have at it, gents!
I like the Lynch pick.  I like Chubb as a talent, but having Duke and Hyde around limits his upside.

Where I think you went wrong was acquiring two Vikings.  If a massive contest like this I think you need the Viking WR that goes off during the championship weeks.  I also don't understand 9 WR and only 2 TEs.  Do you have pre-season waivers?

I like the Lynch pick.  I like Chubb as a talent, but having Duke and Hyde around limits his upside.

Where I think you went wrong was acquiring two Vikings.  If a massive contest like this I think you need the Viking WR that goes off during the championship weeks.  I also don't understand 9 WR and only 2 TEs.  Do you have pre-season waivers?
Yeah, that's a fair point on two, but the Thielen value was too much to pass up.  There have been teams in the past though that have done EXTREMELY well with a stack like this though... A guy with TY, Luck and I believe the Colts TE at the time almost won it a few years back.  He had two Colts + Luck.  I forgot who the other one was.

I rarely take more than 2 TEs.  You have Gronk as 1A, Kelce as 1B and then you have a several mid-rounders that are good, but probably aren't gonna compete with the top guys.  Doyle is one of those guys.  Njoku is the only one outside that round I really like, and I couldn't get him as he is creeping up the draft board.  It's so rare that a really good TE emerges and much more likely that one of those WRs returns substantial value IMO.

Yeah, that's a fair point on two, but the Thielen value was too much to pass up.  There have been teams in the past though that have done EXTREMELY well with a stack like this though... A guy with TY, Luck and I believe the Colts TE at the time almost won it a few years back.  He had two Colts + Luck.  I forgot who the other one was.

I rarely take more than 2 TEs.  You have Gronk as 1A, Kelce as 1B and then you have a several mid-rounders that are good, but probably aren't gonna compete with the top guys.  Doyle is one of those guys.  Njoku is the only one outside that round I really like, and I couldn't get him as he is creeping up the draft board.  It's so rare that a really good TE emerges and much more likely that one of those WRs returns substantial value IMO.
I agree on Thielen.  Easy to point out flaws in hindsight.  Sounds like you do a lot of these, so having a few teams that just win the league isn't a bad thing.

4 hole this afternoon 

QB:  Drew Brees, Jared Goff
RB:  David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Isaiah Crowell, Giovani Bernard, Chris Ivory, Chase Edmonds
WR:  Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Cooper Kupp, Corey Davis, Kelvin Benjamin, Rishard Matthews, Ryan Grant
TE:  Zach Ertz, Cameron Brate, Vernon Davis
PK:  Robbie Gould
TD:  Pittsburgh Steelers

I rate it a B. The RB, RB depth, and upside at the position is the issue for me. If you play the waiver wire and find a RB there that would help a ton. Curious who you passed on at TE/WR with your second pick and what RB was left at that 3rd round pick. 
Good draft today John!!  You sniped me a few times..  There is 4 to 5 good teams in this one. Should be interesting to see how it pans out!!

Coots said:
Good draft today John!!  You sniped me a few times..  There is 4 to 5 good teams in this one. Should be interesting to see how it pans out!!
yeah like your squad also, quite a few tough drafters in that one. good luck!

From the 7:

QB: Garrapolo (12), Mariota (16)

RB: Barkley (1), McCaffrey (2), Penny (6), Chubb (9), L Murray (14), Austin (20)

WR: Cooper (3), JuJu (4), Crowder (7), Fuller (8), Godwin (13), A Miller (17), Martavis (18)

TE: Engram (5), Eifert (10), Gesicki (15)

K: Crosby (19)

D: Jax (11)

Its a wrap.  GL all.

-Da Gildz

Last night from the 10. 

QB Wilson (8)  Taylor (17)

RB Hunt (1) Henry (4) Kerryon (6) JWilliams (7) Buck Allen (15) Austin (18)

WR Cooper (3) Benjamin (9) DJ Moore (10) Godwin (12) Sutton (13) MWilliams (14) Callaway (19)

TE Gronk (2) Njoku (5) Goedert (11)

Broncos (16) Prater (20)

From the 7:

QB: Garrapolo (12), Mariota (16)

RB: Barkley (1), McCaffrey (2), Penny (6), Chubb (9), L Murray (14), Austin (20)

WR: Cooper (3), JuJu (4), Crowder (7), Fuller (8), Godwin (13), A Miller (17), Martavis (18)

TE: Engram (5), Eifert (10), Gesicki (15)

K: Crosby (19)

D: Jax (11)

Its a wrap.  GL all.

-Da Gildz
Starters look good but will need one of those other Rookie RBs to step up.

Last night from the 10. 

QB Wilson (8)  Taylor (17)

RB Hunt (1) Henry (4) Kerryon (6) JWilliams (7) Buck Allen (15) Austin (18)

WR Cooper (3) Benjamin (9) DJ Moore (10) Godwin (12) Sutton (13) MWilliams (14) Callaway (19)

TE Gronk (2) Njoku (5) Goedert (11)

Broncos (16) Prater (20)
Think this one is going to struggle a bit...  Need to do some great coaching and waiver wire work.

I had a crazy draft room last night.....  Goth was the the third QB picked overall at 6.5..  Then about a dozen other players were pulled up 6 rounds or more.. It was very strange..

Here is my two from yesterday....

Team with Aunt Jemima

Watson, Stafford

Bell, Howard, Ajayi, Barber, Powell, Brieda, R. Smith, J. Jackson

A. Robinson, Edelman, Goodwin, Fuller, Golladay, Amendola, 

Kelce, L. Wilson

JACKSONVILLE, Z

2nd Team

Wilson, 

D. Johnson, D. Lewis, I. Crowell, CJ Anderson, Perine, Wilkins, J. Allen, C. Edmonds

Adams, Baldwin, JuJu, Garcon, DJ Moore, A. Callaway

Olsen, Watson, Goedert

Carolina, Gano

Team with Aunt Jemima

Watson, Stafford

Kelce, L. Wilson

JACKSONVILLE, Z

2nd Team

Wilson, 

D. Johnson, D. Lewis, I. Crowell, CJ Anderson, Perine, Wilkins, J. Allen, C. Edmonds

Olsen, Watson, Goedert

Carolina, Gano
That 2nd I like the value u got with Olsen and Wilson.  But man how do u pass on Hilton for Baldwin in the 3rd?  Seems pretty bad at this stage.  Also Crowell there was shaky over those rookie options.  

GL  

Team with Aunt Jemima

Watson, Stafford

Kelce, L. Wilson

JACKSONVILLE, Z

2nd Team

Wilson, 

Olsen, Watson, Goedert

Carolina, Gano
I was in the 2nd draft also. Right next to you in the 5 spot. One of the craziest I've seen so far. Mark Ingram at 2.5! wow

QB: Ryan (13) Carr (16)

RB: Kamara (1) D. Freeman (3) Lynch (6) RoJo (7) Michel (8)

WR: Julio (2) D. Thomas (4) Agholor (9) Dez (10) Ridley (11) J. Brown (14) C. Sutton (17) Kirk (19)

TE : Engram (5) Brate (12) Gesicki (15)

K: Boswell (18)

Def: Dal (20)

I almost took JuJu over Thomas in 4. I really dont like many of the Wr's in rd 4. 

I may have reached for Lynch in the 6th but I didnt see him making it back to me. I like your Cowell pick in the 7th, I would have taken him if you didnt. 

I like the value with Wilson in the 8th at QB7. I almost took him, but just felt like I couldn't pass on Michel that late. I'm thinking he starts to come on about mid season. 

I should have taken Goedert in 16. I assumed you and the 2 spot would be looking for a back up QB and it was getting slim so I took Carr. 

Fun draft for sure though. Goff as QB 3 at 6.5 was another WTF pick.

GL

I was in the 2nd draft also. Right next to you in the 5 spot. One of the craziest I've seen so far. Mark Ingram at 2.5! wow

QB: Ryan (13) Carr (16)

RB: Kamara (1) D. Freeman (3) Lynch (6) RoJo (7) Michel (8)

WR: Julio (2) D. Thomas (4) Agholor (9) Dez (10) Ridley (11) J. Brown (14) C. Sutton (17) Kirk (19)

TE : Engram (5) Brate (12) Gesicki (15)

K: Boswell (18)

Def: Dal (20)

I almost took JuJu over Thomas in 4. I really dont like many of the Wr's in rd 4. 

I may have reached for Lynch in the 6th but I didnt see him making it back to me. I like your Cowell pick in the 7th, I would have taken him if you didnt. 

I like the value with Wilson in the 8th at QB7. I almost took him, but just felt like I couldn't pass on Michel that late. I'm thinking he starts to come on about mid season. 

I should have taken Goedert in 16. I assumed you and the 2 spot would be looking for a back up QB and it was getting slim so I took Carr. 

Fun draft for sure though. Goff as QB 3 at 6.5 was another WTF pick.

GL
Could be tough sledding here.  Really like Julio/Devonta where u got them.  They rarely fall that far.  Having said that, this team doesn’t appear to be strong in any area.  Will need those backs to carry this one.  Would have liked to see you snatch Wilson in that 8 hole.  As much as I like Michel there, really hard passing on Wilson in the 8th.  Getting a possible #1 overall QB that late?  Slam dunk.  Also with 4 rbs in hand, Wilson was begging you to take him.    If Coots didn’t screw up his early picks, he would have had a monster.  

GL. 

That 2nd I like the value u got with Olsen and Wilson.  But man how do u pass on Hilton for Baldwin in the 3rd?  Seems pretty bad at this stage.  Also Crowell there was shaky over those rookie options.  

GL  
Never been a big Hilton fan and love Baldwin if healthy!!!!  If he is fine he out scores Hilton by 60 points and could have huge weeks teamed up with Wilson!!!  I like what I saw from Johnson but still not sure what the roles will be there..  Blount is going to be goal line and riddick isn't going away on third downs..  I love Crowell and think he is extremely under rated!!!!  We will see once the games start..  If Baldwin isn't healthy then it was a bad pick!!

Had my first FBG last night outta the 2 hole

Goff, Smith

LeVeon(1), freeman(3), peyton barber(8),  jordan wilkins, corey clement

TY(2), Josh Gordon(5), Kupp(6), Robbie Anderson(7), d.j. moore(9), hurns, kirk, amendola

Engram(4), Shaheen, Vernon Davis

Tucker

Eagles

Come on Gordon you are the key to sexitude

Never been a big Hilton fan and love Baldwin if healthy!!!!  If he is fine he out scores Hilton by 60 points and could have huge weeks teamed up with Wilson!!!  I like what I saw from Johnson but still not sure what the roles will be there..  Blount is going to be goal line and riddick isn't going away on third downs..  I love Crowell and think he is extremely under rated!!!!  We will see once the games start..  If Baldwin isn't healthy then it was a bad pick!!
:eek:

Qb- Wilson(6), Smith(12)

K-Elliot(20)

Def Denver(18)

I like the receivers and tight ends, but I think running back is going to struggle. I think i would have swapped out Julio for a running back in the 2nd, Cook, Hunt, Fournette,  Gordon or CMAC. In the 3rd or 4th you could have had another receiver, Juju, Diggs, Hilton, Larry Fitz.

I like the thought of Cook, Drake/Ingram with Hopkins and Fitz.

Good luck though.

Users who are viewing this thread