What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does mobile ticketing eliminate scalping? (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Jaguars announced today that all ticketing for this season would be by Mobile ticketing only

Any sales or transfer of ticket involves their app or NFL ticket exchange

Can you still sell on stubhub?

Stinks for the fan that they don't have the momento of the ticket stub to hold onto.

stubhub does mobile ticketing
The press release makes it sound like it would be exclusive to Jaguars/NFL.

But i just checked stubhub and there are tickets out there.

Howver the "who needs tickets" guy standing outside stadium is probably SOL.

The press release makes it sound like it would be exclusive to Jaguars/NFL.

But i just checked stubhub and there are tickets out there.

Howver the "who needs tickets" guy standing outside stadium is probably SOL.
Those guys have been screwed for a while now. The printouts they are buying or selling are usually dupes. I’ll never scalp another ticket outside — got burned once. 

Those guys have been screwed for a while now. The printouts they are buying or selling are usually dupes. I’ll never scalp another ticket outside — got burned once. 
Saw someone selling tix to a concert I went to the other night.  It seemed like something from long ago.  Security is tightening so the NFL and any other big machine gets as much  :moneybag:  as they can.  They don’t like to share iirc.

Some concerts are not even issuing tickets.  You have to bring the credit card used to purchase the tickets and an ID.  If you bought 4 tickets everyone must enter at same time as you have to swipe the credit card to enter.

Predators did this last year.  Worked pretty well from what my experience.  Still saw some scalpers on the corners, but not sure how they got the tickets. Our season tickets were all 100% mobile.

I still have my giant world series ticket hanging on my wall.   It would suck to not have that ticket.  :shrug:
2008 G5 ticket?  That was a fantastic experience (both “halves” of the game).  Still have my ticket as well.

Phillies should invite me to any WS G5 going forward - right now, I’m undefeated (1993, 2008, 2009).

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's about money, but it seems like it would be a good safety measure. Certainly wouldn't eliminate threats, but I'd think the best way to get closer to safer stadiums would be, you know, trying to have some way of knowing who is actually entering the stadium. 

The comments are pretty funny. Apparently, there are a bunch of people in Jacksonville that have been able to afford season tickets for the last couple of decades, but can't afford a smart phone.

Pearl Jam is doing this with their 10 club seats this year 

only the purchaser and one transfer are allowed 

Users who are viewing this thread