Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread

Recommended Posts

I was at the game.

He had Flacco in the grip and going to the ground and the ref didn't call in possession on at least two sure sacks.

The officiating was felonious and Obi got screwed just as he did last week with the too-quick whistle where he a sure-fire fumble recovery and open field for a TD.  

Good think the Browns won the game yesterday or those officials would have been dead before the reached the locker room.  People were starting to throw things and it was getting ugly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have eyes on the KC game? Some really weird snap counts, with lots of LBs playing (Ford ejected) but it looks like they mostly played only 1 S. Murray went out with a leg injury... what did the D look like after that? Was one of the LBs playing a moneybacker type role? Was Nelson (or another CB) playing S?  Anything we can exploit for next game?

 

Ron Parker FS 100%

Steven Nelson CB 100%

Anthony Hitchens LB 92%

Orlando Scandrick CB 82%

Dee Ford LB 67%

Breeland Speaks LB 67%

Terrance Smith LB 64%

Tanoh Kpassagnon LB 40%

Reggie Ragland LB 29%

Armani Watts FS 28%

Xavier Williams DT 28%

Justin Houston LB 27%

Dorian O'Daniel LB 8%

Eric Murray FS 5%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

Anybody have eyes on the KC game? Some really weird snap counts, with lots of LBs playing (Ford ejected) but it looks like they mostly played only 1 S. Murray went out with a leg injury... what did the D look like after that? Was one of the LBs playing a moneybacker type role? Was Nelson (or another CB) playing S?  Anything we can exploit for next game?

 

Ron Parker FS 100%

Steven Nelson CB 100%

Anthony Hitchens LB 92%

Orlando Scandrick CB 82%

Dee Ford LB 67%

Breeland Speaks LB 67%

Terrance Smith LB 64%

Tanoh Kpassagnon LB 40%

Reggie Ragland LB 29%

Armani Watts FS 28%

Xavier Williams DT 28%

Justin Houston LB 27%

Dorian O'Daniel LB 8%

Eric Murray FS 5%

houston was hurt 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders cut DJ today. Lee was up to 75% this week. Whitehead is the stud to own there and the entire team is a mess that is a fantasy wasteland for IDP outside of Tahir (and on both sides of the ball, really).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Raiders cut DJ today. Lee was up to 75% this week. Whitehead is the stud to own there and the entire team is a mess that is a fantasy wasteland for IDP outside of Tahir (and on both sides of the ball, really).

Whitehead has been horrible no sacks no big plays and has yet to go over 9 tackles 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

Whitehead has been horrible no sacks no big plays and has yet to go over 9 tackles 

Well... stud was probably a strong word. lol. Scoring dependent, I suppose, but he's 33 & 37 overall LB in the leagues I'm in so he's an LB3, at worst. The Raiders are doing a wonderful job making it look like Gruden should have stayed in the booth... Gruden's decisions are not helping that look, either. 

 

Genard Avery expected to start this week. My guess would be Kirksey & Collins are the 3 down LBs but heading into bye weeks + some injuries to LBs + a good MU vs. TB should combine to make Avery a solid option. Source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Breeland Speaks getting a lot more PT the last two games 67% then 97%. Also got a sack and had a his most tackles, was a 2nd round pick, played all along the line and some lb in college. I grabbed him in my two leagues, both full IDP dynasty leagues. Worth monitoring I would say especially if your in a dynasty/keeper league and have space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston is hurt, which is why his snaps are way up. Still, Speaks looks good and definitely seems like a worthwhile add. Like you mention, high 2nd round pick and is making the most of his PT. Should have had another sack vs. Brady but let him go b/c of the QB-flag-football rules.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Norton mentioned Foyesdade Oluokun in this week's EOTG. Someone to keep an eye on. I added him in a 16 team full IDP league where I am thin at LB.

Quote

Meanwhile, Foyesdade Oluokun has seen his role expand every week since the opener leading to a team-best in tackles with a line of 7-2-0 on 61% of the snaps in Week 6. If this trend continues he could soon claim a three-down role.

 

Edited by JoeSteeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

John Norton mentioned Foyesdade Oluokun in this week's EOTG. Someone to keep an eye on. I added him in a 16 team full IDP league where I am thin at LB.

there was talk over camp and preseason that Foye would start over Riley.. it was the same chatter that talked up Kazee as too good to keep sitting on the bench there. i know this because i was a Riley owner. when Jones and O'Neal went down it threw everything in flux. Riley has shown himself to be the guy he was last year and in the offseason. Foye should be owned even if he's not a beast in that defense. i know it's a much maligned defense overall this year but it has to improve, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 9:10 AM, DarkKnightsGuru said:

i dumped whitehead screw that the guy hasnt scored double digit points in 6 weeks .. he sucks 

If 6 solo/3 assists or 7/2 don't get you double digits the player might not be the issue ... he's no world beater but he's a functional LB2-3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, umjaker said:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054416832411656194

Kwon is out for the season, is his replacement Kendall Beckwith or Adarius Taylor, I am hedging on Beckwith although he has not practiced and may not be ready for this week. thoughts?

I dunno...Beckwith was eligible to return last week, but was unable to. 

I don't know if he'll be able to get into football shape this season at this point....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beckwith isn't eligible to return until after this coming week, IR is 8 week minimum.  Has the team designated him yet?  Right now it's Taylor but he's not nearly the talent Beckwith is so any ROS needs I'll be looking to Beckwith for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Beckwith isn't eligible to return until after this coming week, IR is 8 week minimum.  Has the team designated him yet?  Right now it's Taylor but he's not nearly the talent Beckwith is so any ROS needs I'll be looking to Beckwith for.

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/10/17/bucs-lb-kendell-beckwith-unable-to-return-on-first-day-eligible-to-practice/

 

This article says he was eligible to practice last week, but wasn't able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/10/17/bucs-lb-kendell-beckwith-unable-to-return-on-first-day-eligible-to-practice/

 

This article says he was eligible to practice last week, but wasn't able to.

So he's not on IR, he's on NFI.  That's different.  Sorry I was going by MFL which just uses (I) and doesn't delineate between them.  Yes, he can practice but there are a couple of restrictions.  Once he does start to practice his clock starts ticking, and the team has 21 days to either put him on season-ending IR or activate him (and cut/IR/etc someone else in the process).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barnett out for the year with shoulder surgery (torn rotator cuff).  This should be a benefit to Graham and Bennett as they may get more snaps since the rotation will be lessened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, umjaker said:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054416832411656194

Kwon is out for the season, is his replacement Kendall Beckwith or Adarius Taylor, I am hedging on Beckwith although he has not practiced and may not be ready for this week. thoughts?

The Bucs signed Kevin Minter to further muddy the situation. Local Beat Writer, Greg Auman, says he expects Taylor to get first crack at playing Mike. He was asked about Beckwith on Twitter and Auman said his status was he is still on the NFI list and is not coming off it this week.  Auman thought the Minter signing suggested Beckwith wasn't close to a return. 

Edited by northern exposure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a colossal disappointment Robert Quinn has been. :(

Came up lame pretty early on last night. Just doesn't seem like he can through injuries... again. 

Edited by Flying Elvis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, Flying Elvis said:

What a colossal disappointment Robert Quinn has been. :(

Came up lame pretty early on last night. Just doesn't seem like he can through injuries... again. 

Ive held him in multiple dynasty leagues after pcikign him up for free in the summer. Pretty sure he will be dropping fas tfrom my squads in next 5-10 days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GBay's defensive backfield doesn't seem to be outstanding, yet Kentrell Brice still gets all the snaps and Josh Jones is relegated to only ST snaps. Is there any reason to hold Jones any more? Sure looks like a guy that had 1 great performance but won't see the field again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

GBay's defensive backfield doesn't seem to be outstanding, yet Kentrell Brice still gets all the snaps and Josh Jones is relegated to only ST snaps. Is there any reason to hold Jones any more? Sure looks like a guy that had 1 great performance but won't see the field again.

I waved the white flag I forget how long ago.  It's one thing to sit and wait on a S that hasn't gotten their shot yet.  It's another to wait on someone that already did and is now in a minimal role.  Too many alternatives at this particular position.  Consider adding him once your season is over or if the situation changes between now and then, but for now - use the roster spot on...anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I waved the white flag I forget how long ago.  It's one thing to sit and wait on a S that hasn't gotten their shot yet.  It's another to wait on someone that already did and is now in a minimal role.  Too many alternatives at this particular position.  Consider adding him once your season is over or if the situation changes between now and then, but for now - use the roster spot on...anything else.

Where I was leaning, too. Thanks. He's stashed on Taxi but I'll need to shuffle some players for upcoming bye weeks (3 of 4 S on bye week 9) and it looks like his time is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm the only one still holding him. 16 teams, 45 active/5 rookie taxi. Been carrying him on active roster. Been close to dropping him for a few weeks, likely will soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranethe said:

Looks like I'm the only one still holding him. 16 teams, 45 active/5 rookie taxi. Been carrying him on active roster. Been close to dropping him for a few weeks, likely will soon.

he may have value now that Dix is gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranethe said:

Looks like I'm the only one still holding him. 16 teams, 45 active/5 rookie taxi. Been carrying him on active roster. Been close to dropping him for a few weeks, likely will soon.

Does some play time open up with Ha Ha being traded away?  Might be worth holding a bit longer to see if snaps increase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gally said:

Does some play time open up with Ha Ha being traded away?  Might be worth holding a bit longer to see if snaps increase. 

Yeah  I'll probably hold him a little longer, though the Rotoworld blurb I read said Dix getting traded would open the spot for another player ( I think the name was Jermaine Whitehead? I hadn't heard of him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

GBay's defensive backfield doesn't seem to be outstanding, yet Kentrell Brice still gets all the snaps and Josh Jones is relegated to only ST snaps. Is there any reason to hold Jones any more? Sure looks like a guy that had 1 great performance but won't see the field again.

I think GB wanted Jones to be the replacement for Morgan Burnett. Once he flopped in that role, they soured on him as a Starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about him but he did play 75 snaps last week so they seem to be going with him and he should at least be on the watch list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

any thoughts on Odaniels will he start for hitchens and Evans lb Cinci I looked real good 

there was chatter about him in the offseason. i think he was overshadowed by talk of fellow rookie Malik Jefferson and the looming return of troubled Burfect. Jefferson hasn't been especially remarkable and Burfect seems willing to play himself out of the league. Evans had a helluva game last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, saintfool said:
9 hours ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

any thoughts on Odaniels will he start for hitchens and Evans lb Cinci I looked real good 

there was chatter about him in the offseason. i think he was overshadowed by talk of fellow rookie Malik Jefferson and the looming return of troubled Burfect. Jefferson hasn't been especially remarkable and Burfect seems willing to play himself out of the league. Evans had a helluva game last week. 

He has some decent games last year too but they clearly see him as replaceable.  He's a nice plugin for times like this when Burfict/Vigil miss time but I don't see him as a long term option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

He has some decent games last year too but they clearly see him as replaceable.  He's a nice plugin for times like this when Burfict/Vigil miss time but I don't see him as a long term option.

Agreed. Evans name gets tied to "stepping up" each time we see Taze gets suspended. As often as that happens, we'd have seen Evans run away with the job by now if he was good enough to do so. He's a situational started for FF purposes. 

O'Daniel seems to be in line for the start IF Hitchens is out this week. Ribs are always a pain injection away from not being an issue on game day so it'll likely require a Sunday check in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Evans was a 6th round pick and is just in year #2.  The odds are stacked against him of ever becoming a sustainable starter, but it's also way too early to come to any conclusions about his ability or lack thereof to take the job.  The Bungles are notoriously cheap in free agency and are only have Burfict and Vigil beyond this season, along with the rookie Jefferson.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Any have expectations on what we see out of the Green Bay secondary on Sunday night verse Pats. Will Tramon Williams getting the nod at safety be productive in the safety roll? Will Jaire Alexander continue to produce for us with the match up? Trying to uncover a weekly fill in for anyone who needs based on byes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyzir white sent to IR. does this help Adrian Phillips, Jatavius Brown or no one in particular due to the fact that no one really stole that role while he was out all this time? I will wait a week and see if snap counts increase dramatically for either or if they continue to be situational players only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.