What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread (2 Viewers)

think he has more range then davis and the LB situation in Pittsburgh is less than ideal
I think something else changed. He had multiple games of 100% or close to it for snaps and his tackle numbers have not been that good. At this point I am thinking it was a fluke, maybe he was making tackles down field. 

Can anyone explain Myles Jack's lack of production? He's on the field all the time but very little on the stat sheet. When I've watched Jags games he never seems to be near the ball, is it the scheme or what? Smith is there of course but Pos killed it in that system even with Smith, I'm  :confused:

He’s been driving me crazy all year with his lack of production on 100% snap count. He can’t be trusted in your line up.

Kraft... said:
Can anyone explain Myles Jack's lack of production? He's on the field all the time but very little on the stat sheet. When I've watched Jags games he never seems to be near the ball, is it the scheme or what? Smith is there of course but Pos killed it in that system even with Smith, I'm  :confused:
RC Fisher called him "a free safety/coverage linebacker" before the 2016 draft and he's been 100% right so far.

From a fantasy perspective he's basically another Anthony Barr.

12 T, 1 A

😮

He and Reddick each received 100% of snaps with only 1 snap for other LBs
It may be what happens the rest of the  year but Bucannon was inactive.  I am not sure if that was injury related or a healthy scratch but snap count may change some if Bucannon is active in the future.  Just a word of caution to temper expectations a bit.  I don't think Bucannon will be a factor moving forward but something to keep in the back of your mind. 

Gally said:
It may be what happens the rest of the  year but Bucannon was inactive.  I am not sure if that was injury related or a healthy scratch but snap count may change some if Bucannon is active in the future.  Just a word of caution to temper expectations a bit.  I don't think Bucannon will be a factor moving forward but something to keep in the back of your mind. 
IDK if he's lost a step (or was simply a 1 year wonder) or he's just that bad a fit for the new system, but I don't consider Buc a threat to anyone's snaps on that DST, at this point. I'm holding Buc in 2 leagues with the hope that he finds greener pastures as an FA next season but have zero hope for this season. 

At the same time, that output by Hodges is likely his ceiling and not something he does regularly. 

I'm not sure where this one year wonder stuff wrt Bucannon came from, but just now isn't the first time I've read it.  It's also quite simply not true.  Discount his first game from '17 (you weren't playing him because he was coming back from injury) and he was a strong LB2 on a per week basis.  His per game was down a notch in 16, but he was still a fine #3.  And '15 speaks for itself.

His game goes beyond just stat stuffing too.  But that's our game, so that's what we reference.  And he's a poor fit for whatever Wilks is running out in the desert.  But he's a UFA and in theory should go some place where that won't be the case next year.  I expect a market, so I only really have two concerns about him - durability and the team he signs with drafting competition a month after him signing.  If he doesn't have a market my tune will change though.

Dominant for 1 year. The other seasons are, as you point out, marred by injury and inconsistency. Even this year he's missing time (though that may be designation games?).... to me, he's got to prove it next year and there are pitfalls like you mention.  

I’ve held KJ Wright on my bench all year and am wondering if Mychal Kendricks is worthy of a flier as an LB4 Incase Wright doesn’t make it back by weeks 15 or 16.

Neville Hewitt drew the start for Darron Lee, played 82% of snaps and got some stops. Anyone know how he actually looked. I am considering starting him over Myles Jack, who has a dreadful match up against Washington. Am I over thinking this.

It’s that time of year when we need every single point so we dissect every single play... that being said, might JJ Watt be credited with 2.5 sacks on Thursday stat correction day (rather than just 2) or was that last one solo clowney. What I’m saying is .... Is there a chance???

Haason Reddick kind of coming on strong to finish the year. First round pick in 2017, been playing 100% of the snaps for several weeks and has started making some big plays.

I would imagine he will have ample opportunity in Arizona next year. Any thoughts on this guy moving forward in keeper/dynasty leagues?

Haason Reddick kind of coming on strong to finish the year. First round pick in 2017, been playing 100% of the snaps for several weeks and has started making some big plays.

I would imagine he will have ample opportunity in Arizona next year. Any thoughts on this guy moving forward in keeper/dynasty leagues?
Since a coaching change seems imminent I don't think it's worthwhile setting a forecast, but I'm happy I picked him up a few weeks ago.  If he's available in your league then I'd look to do the same - add now, ask questions later.

Since a coaching change seems imminent I don't think it's worthwhile setting a forecast, but I'm happy I picked him up a few weeks ago.  If he's available in your league then I'd look to do the same - add now, ask questions later. 
It does?  Both the Head Coach and DC are in their first year - this seems very premature to me.  This isn't entirely unexpected IMO, he's a small school guy that's had a drastic role change from rush end to ILB role - edit: has there been a scheme change?  Roto depth chart shows them as a 4-3.  Seems even less likely a coach would be one-and-done in that case.

Hankmoody said:
It does?  Both the Head Coach and DC are in their first year - this seems very premature to me.  This isn't entirely unexpected IMO, he's a small school guy that's had a drastic role change from rush end to ILB role - edit: has there been a scheme change?  Roto depth chart shows them as a 4-3.  Seems even less likely a coach would be one-and-done in that case.
It was all over the news the other day.

MAC_32 said:
Isn't the GM also being considered too? Like a total, complete shake up.

How about Karl Joseph in Oakland? 

He was completely buried on the depth chart to start the year, barely seeing the field and then straight up benched for a stretch of games. It wasn't until week 10 that he played 80% of snaps in a game, and he's playing 100% of the snaps weeks 14 & 15. 

Still just 25 and a former 1st round pick (14th overall). Could he re-emerge in 2019?

How about Karl Joseph in Oakland? 

He was completely buried on the depth chart to start the year, barely seeing the field and then straight up benched for a stretch of games. It wasn't until week 10 that he played 80% of snaps in a game, and he's playing 100% of the snaps weeks 14 & 15. 

Still just 25 and a former 1st round pick (14th overall). Could he re-emerge in 2019?
Sure but he is a DB.  They are very easy to find.  I wouldn't go out of my way to save a spot for him but he is probably someone I would look to draft if he was still available when I started looking for DB's.

If anyone looking for last minute play. I’m going Goodson over Jack in my championship matchup due to his matchup and Ogletree being out. I think he could go for 8-10 combined tackles today.

If anyone looking for last minute play. I’m going Goodson over Jack in my championship matchup due to his matchup and Ogletree being out. I think he could go for 8-10 combined tackles today.
Did the same over Vigil. GL

IDK if he's lost a step (or was simply a 1 year wonder) or he's just that bad a fit for the new system, but I don't consider Buc a threat to anyone's snaps on that DST, at this point. I'm holding Buc in 2 leagues with the hope that he finds greener pastures as an FA next season but have zero hope for this season. 

At the same time, that output by Hodges is likely his ceiling and not something he does regularly. 
With Wilks gone way be this reverts.  One of the most puzzling drops I have ever seen.  Guy was ultra-productive then just fell off the map, this has to involve coaching/philosophy in some way.  Shaq Thopmson got no love under Wilks in CAR either did he?

Take note in DT required leagues that it appears Malik Jackson is likely to be cut by the Jags due to his price tag and poor performance this year.  Where would you like to see him land to bring his value back into play?

Trevor Sikkema‏Verified account @TampaBayTre 3m3 minutes ago

Can confirm that #Bucs new head coach Bruce Arians will be bringing former #Jets head coach Todd Bowles on staff as defensive coordinator. Team finalizing Bowles' contract now.

Trevor Sikkema‏Verified account @TampaBayTre 3m3 minutes ago

Can confirm that #Bucs new head coach Bruce Arians will be bringing former #Jets head coach Todd Bowles on staff as defensive coordinator. Team finalizing Bowles' contract now.
Wow this sucks.  Kwon and Lavonte David are studs that I don't want to see anything changing for.  Only bad things can happen.

The Bucs defense has been terrible and without an identity.  Bowles will change that.  And Lavonte David will still be a horse.

Kwon is hitting FA (coming off IR) in 2019 so the coaching change may not matter for him. 
Part of the reason I said I don't want to see "anything" change ;)

I can't imagine they let him go.  If they are concerned about the knee they can easily put in a split contract or have rolling guarantees that lock early for his protection. 

Any thoughts on David Irving?  Still very young and a stud when on the field.  Great for my league that gives bonus for DT scoring but I have read some grumblings of more off field issues.  Is he worth holding on to or is a suspension imminent?

With Jamie Collins cut by CLE, Genard Avery becomes a solid add if available. Plenty of time for a FA or draftee to change it, but my guess would be Avery getting the uptick in snaps.

Mosely and Barr going to the Jets could be interesting.  Mosely is an improvement over Lee in the middle and the Jets seemed to be a quality location for MLB and IDP.  Does this help or hurt Mosely's IDP fortunes.

Also, do the Jets use Barr as a pass rusher primarily and does that give him a lot more value than he has had in big play leagues?  It will be interesting to follow and see where it leads. 

Olivier Vernon traded to CLE and now they signed Sheldon Richardson. DLine is now Garrett / Ogunjobi / Richardson / Vernon. LB & DB is a solid group, too. Does anybody want to play against that? o_O

Personally, I will shop my CLE IDP pieces. There's so many mouths to feed now that I have a hard time feeling confident about players that were looking like potential top 5 at their positions. 

Olivier Vernon traded to CLE and now they signed Sheldon Richardson. DLine is now Garrett / Ogunjobi / Richardson / Vernon. LB & DB is a solid group, too. Does anybody want to play against that? o_O

Personally, I will shop my CLE IDP pieces. There's so many mouths to feed now that I have a hard time feeling confident about players that were looking like potential top 5 at their positions.  
All but Schobert.  He's gonna be a monster.

All but Schobert.  He's gonna be a monster.
Agreed. As long as he's healthy, Schobert doesn't get moved. I doubt I'd actually move Garrett, either. Clearly the stud they drafted him to be and he might actually be a lock for a top 5 finish if he's not run into the ground this year. 

Mosely and Barr going to the Jets could be interesting.  Mosely is an improvement over Lee in the middle and the Jets seemed to be a quality location for MLB and IDP.  Does this help or hurt Mosely's IDP fortunes.

Also, do the Jets use Barr as a pass rusher primarily and does that give him a lot more value than he has had in big play leagues?  It will be interesting to follow and see where it leads. 
Barr is staying in Minnesota

Breeland Speaks now has zero competition for his full time edge position, then? Houston cut (cap cut that could sign for less) and Dee Ford shipped to SF. 

Chiefs moving to a 4-3. Who gets the ILB spot? Hitchens? Ragland? Will Speaks be DE? Some pretty interesting ramifications here now that Houston and Ford are gone. I recall discussing this... probably a bit earlier in this thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread