What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HANDCUFF OR 2ND DEFENSE? (1 Viewer)

Should I drop an RB handcuff to pair the Bears DST with the Panthers?

• No, Keep both handcuffs.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Yes, drop Kenneth Dixon for the Bears.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, drop John Kelly for the Bears.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cberrytn

Footballguy
League Basics:  14 Team, 0.5 PPR, short benches (6), starters: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST

In our 14 team league the waiver wire is always super slim every year, especially at RB.  My RB's are:  Todd Gurley, Alex Collins, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson.  I also picked up Kenneth Dixon and John Kelly as the obvious handcuff's to Collins and Gurley.  Obviously Ingram has a suspension and possibility of smaller role this year.  Peterson is a big wild card.

I love the safety of having the RB handcuffs to offset what would be a devastating effect of an injury to Gurley or Collins.  However, my defense is the Panthers.  I would love to pair the Bears defense with the Panthers and start based on a pretty compatible schedule between those teams.  Should I drop an RB handcuff to grab the Bears DST?

I always value a handcuff over a 2nd defense OR kicker. They are streamable positions.  The handcuff is huge insurance, especially Kelly.  I don't think Ingram's role will be reduced as you think. 

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion, especially since AP looked good in preseason but I have a hard time trusting a 33 year old RB. Even if he does have a few good games I don't think he lasts the full year. Keep the handcuffs and consider dropping him. 

Don't drop AP!  His potential upside is very apparent, versus a fear of his age?  He will be the biggest pre-season pickup this year imo

Handcuff all day every day. Defenses pop up every year. You’ll be able to pick up a bye week replacement. Don’t sacrifice your insurance policy to get a one week fill-in at a non-critical position. 

And definitely do not drop Adrian Peterson… When  Mark Ingram comes back for you, Peterson is going to be a fantastic chip in trade bait or for running back position depth for you.  And a 14 team league, you have excellent depth of the position… That’s a rarity. 

Users who are viewing this thread