What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading The Gronk? Whats a reasonable asking price (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
So I'm in a 12 man keeper league (Might go down to 10 next year do to an issue with 2 owners). My team consists of 

QB:Wentz/Rodgers

RB: Gordon/T.Coleman/Clement/Michel/Ronald Jones/Doug Martin/Ekler

WR: Jeffrey/Schuster/Ginn/Kirk

TE; Gronk/Goedert

DEF/ST: Philly?LAR

K Jake Elliot

We keep 4 per season 5th round is technically our 1st round each year. PPR league. I've seen a few on here already say I should've traded him 2 seasons ago or last year. I was mid pack do to injuries 8th so not good enough to win but didn't suck enough for a big pick pick. Whats a reasonable asking price? My league gets really #####ing about picks being traded so I'd like to get something that I could use for next year and maybe a piece for this year. I hate making a 2 for 1 trade as it's a sucker trade to make someone drop a guy. I think asking for at the very least a 3rd after keepers is reasonable if not a 2nd? I'd like to acquire a player maybe a WR, I'd trade a RB or Ginn/Kirk for a reason TE option to go with Dallas as well. I'm only asking since I'm terrible with value on these things. 

I think you are putting too much value in the keeper aspect. If you can find a contending team that is deep at other positions like rb or wr you could end up with a really good player, especially if the Olsen or Walker owner is desperate.

Do not trade Kirk. He has a very clear path to be his teams wr1 next year with a young stud QB.

Not sure I understand your goal in trading Gronk unless it upgrades your WR (needed IMO). 

I would target a young WR1 (low end?)  like T Hill, B Cooks or  Diggs.  

It might take a little effort to make it happen depending on your league dynamics.  

Not sure I understand your goal in trading Gronk unless it upgrades your WR (needed IMO). 

I would target a young WR1 (low end?)  like T Hill, B Cooks or  Diggs.  

It might take a little effort to make it happen depending on your league dynamics.  
I'd love to get Hill but it might be hard at the owner there is hard to get a bargain with and could take some time. The Diggs owner just traded for him this offseason so it might be hard to pry him lose. I did just play the guy who had Walker but he does have Cooper and Golladay 

Users who are viewing this thread