What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading away CMC for Achane (2 keeper league) (1 Viewer)

RaidersAreOne

Footballguy
Was just offered an enormous trade.

My CMC for his Achane.

The main thing to note though this is a 2 keeper league for rounds 3 onwards (Moving up a round each year). Since I drafted CMC in the first I wouldn't be able to keep him. He drafted Achane in the 10th, so he would be a 9th round keeper next season then an 8th the following year.

I am currently 2-8 and completely out of the playoff race (I have the 5th most PF out of 12 guys but the most PA by a landslide).

What say you?

What are your other keeper possibilities? Knowing that would be important because if Achane isn't an auto keep then why make the trade? Also, if you are now going to move CMC there may be a better offer out there as he is a league winner for somebody. Before accepting I would put CMC on the market and see what people are willing to give up. Maybe you can get two keepers better than Achane.

Need more info for the total picture before just blindly accepting the offer.

No brainer-- Take DA for next 2 + years.
That's what I am thinking but I want to see some more responses to confirm.

I've also been offered:
  • Jefferson + LaPorta (Would only be able to keep Laporta (8th next year) as JJ was a 1st
  • Kyren + Gus Edwards (Kyren would be an 8th rounder next year I believe)
  • Gibbs (2nd next year)
And I know other offers are coming. But I have Achane valued above all else atm.

What are your other keeper possibilities? Knowing that would be important because if Achane isn't an auto keep then why make the trade? Also, if you are now going to move CMC there may be a better offer out there as he is a league winner for somebody. Before accepting I would put CMC on the market and see what people are willing to give up. Maybe you can get two keepers better than Achane.

Need more info for the total picture before just blindly accepting the offer.
I 100% plan on keeper Jonathan Taylor at a 4th rounder next year.

For the other keeper I was thinking of keeping Brian Robinson as a 7th, McBride as an 8th or Spears as a 12th.

I just posted a couple other offers I have for CMC.

For the other keeper I was thinking of keeping Brian Robinson as a 7th, McBride as an 8th or Spears as a 12th.

I would take Achane over those few listed as your potential keepers. However, I might like Gibbs over Achane and LaPorta is close for me. LaPorta would depend on TE scoring and roster requirements. I am not a big Achane guy as I think the injury concern is real as these little fast guys can get dinged fairly easily.

I am surprised you aren't getting better keeper options for CMC at this point. That is a league swinging player for this year. I would expect better (although I really like the JJ/LaPorta offer if you had any at competing this year).

I would take Achane over those few listed as your potential keepers. However, I might like Gibbs over Achane and LaPorta is close for me. LaPorta would depend on TE scoring and roster requirements. I am not a big Achane guy as I think the injury concern is real as these little fast guys can get dinged fairly easily.

I am surprised you aren't getting better keeper options for CMC at this point. That is a league swinging player for this year. I would expect better (although I really like the JJ/LaPorta offer if you had any at competing this year).
Thanks for the input.

I like Gibbs too but the value of Achane in the 9th > Gibbs in the 2nd for me personally. LaPorta is a nice keeper too, especially with the TEs being such a - show this year.

I just value RBs above all else and Achane has some insane hype around him. The injury concerns are no joke however.

I don't consider the Gibbs or Kyren offers worth it, so down to:

1. Achane (9th)
  2. JJ + LaPorta (8th)
  3. Allen (4th) + Warren (8th) + Kmet
Regarding trad #3, would you rather keep Kennan at a 4 or Warren at an 8? I like the LaPorta keeper but McBride has been on a tear lately and it would be tough to sit him. I also value RB > TE.

Pulled the trigger....

I landed Achane and Keaton Mitchell for CMC and Doubs. I also found out you can keep players for 3 years instead of 2, so even better long-term.

I'll keep Achane at a 9th next year and likely JT at a 4th. Worse cast Mitchell goes off and I can keep him as an 8th or Brian Robinson as a 7th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread