What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which LB do you want to for the rest of the season? (1 Viewer)

Skilo

Footballguy
So I'm in a league of riches. Granted it's a 10-team league and you can start 2 of any IDP player (+2 DB, +2DL) in a heavy tackle point system so naturally you'd want to start LBs, but so many do not. Because of that I have a waiver wire of riches....

Currently have:

D. Leonard

F. Warner

B. Martinez

Currently on waiver wire:

B. Wagner

C. Mosley (I dropped when hurt)

V. Burfict

R. Foster (dropped for Warner)

What 3 would you rather have between current and waiver wire options? Heavily favored point system for tackles. And try not to feel sorry for me...

Leonard for sure.  Wagner is elite as well.

Since you only start two I’d carry Mosley through his injury...he’s also a top tier producer.  

Bit of a dropoff in my book to Martinez and Burfict, who is always an injury/ejection/suspension risk.  I have him in a lit of leagues but would avoid wity this many options to choose from.  Warner is playing his way toward this tier, but may cannibalize Foster and vice versa.  You have the luxury of waiting to see how that shakes out.

I agree with Arodin.  Leonard is automatic at this point with his production.  Wagner and Mosely are two of the consensus top 5 tackle LB's and should be on your roster.  They are a cut above when healthy.  I like the idea of rostering Mosely since you only need two starters and waiting for the return of health. You will be better off in the long run.

My only worry is that Wagner is dinged as well with a groin and if that lingers he may gut it out and play but be diminished.  I would just keep an eye on production and since the waiver is littered with quality choices it shouldn't be too hard to switch directions if need be. 

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Obviously Mosley and Wagner would have been my top before the season started, just wasn't sure if I wasn't factoring injuries enough. I'm going to pick them (back) up. Just wanted to make sure before I dropped Blake. I hate how this league has so few bench spots (5 total for both offense and IDP combined)

It was Leonard before he donned the walking boot. But you can’t drop him. 

Burfict is a monster but his production is a little spotty. He has the largest peaks but also the largest valleys.

i can’t help but think Wagner’s numbers will suffer from the relative lack of talent around him compared to years past. 

Hard to go wrong with anyone on that lists Foster is going to be on the field a lot. Hopefully Leonard isn’t hurt too bad. 

Users who are viewing this thread