Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff Bart

Pipe bombs sent to Clinton, Obama & CNN. Days later a mass murder at a synagogue. Trump takes the opportunity to repeat the lie "the media is the true enemy of the people."

7 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Well, we already know it's politically motivated...

We don't know anything of the sort.  It SEEMS politically motivated, but we don't know anything.  It could be a Russian agent looking to foment issues, it could be a totally deranged person, it could be a right winger.  

Obviously an angry Trump supporter seems the most obvious, but we don't know that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

The return address on all packages was:  Debbie Wasserman Schultz

See?  Totally a false flag operation.  And DWS would have gotten away with it if she hadn't forgotten to leave off her return address.

• Like 1

Thank goodness none of these devices detonated  and I hope the perpetrator gets the fullest punishment available under the law.

political violence is absolutely intolerable at any level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shader said:

We don't know anything of the sort.  It SEEMS politically motivated, but we don't know anything.  It could be a Russian agent looking to foment issues, it could be a totally deranged person, it could be a right winger.  

Obviously an angry Trump supporter seems the most obvious, but we don't know that.

If it is a Russian agent. It is political, if not an act of war

If it is a deranged person, it is political because that person targeted only democratic leaders

If it is a right winger, it is political because they only targeted lefties

• Like 1

Are we allowed to talk about how CNN had to retract a story about a similar bomb going to the White House because it was blatantly false?  But we're just supposed to rely on the news media and alternate possibilities should not be discussed and instead should be bannable, right?

6 minutes ago, shader said:

The bolded is an interesting idea that hadn't occurred to me. I'm sure there's other, similar possibilities.

A totally deranged person acting independent of any political motivation seems impossible, though. There's literally tens of thousands of public figures to choose from, picking this group would be one helluva coincidence.

2 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Are we allowed to talk about how CNN had to retract a story about a similar bomb going to the White House because it was blatantly false?  But we're just supposed to rely on the news media and alternate possibilities should not be discussed and instead should be bannable, right?

I thought it was Reuters that ran the incorrect story about the White House.

But if you think dumping on CNN for making a mistake then quickly retracting it (a common thing) in a thread about someone trying to murder some of their employees and some politicians, by all means go ahead.

• Like 3

NBC's Pete Williams clears up some confusion on @MSNBC:

One package was address to ex-A.G. Eric Holder. There was a problem with the address, so it was sent back to the return address, which was Debbie Wasserman Schultz's office. That was the return address on the other packages.

2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Plus that would be a literal declaration of war.

Good point. I guess I was just saying that it's possible there's a suspect/motivation we haven't considered beyond a right-leaning American who did it because Trump and Fox News say those people are evil. That seems the most likely explanation based on the list of targets, but who knows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Can you show this story and retraction?  I did not hear CNN reporting it and don't be surprised that I am skeptical about your reporting on this issue.

8 minutes ago, the moops said:

If it is a Russian agent. It is political, if not an act of war

If it is a deranged person, it is political because that person targeted only democratic leaders

If it is a right winger, it is political because they only targeted lefties

Not really my point but I’m not going to argue over semantics. The point is that there are scenarios that exist (terrorism, foreign agents) that completely change the motivations of the individual behind this and render much of this partisan bickering moot.  So it’s silly to focus on the why, until we know who it was.

Just now, shader said:

Not really my point but I’m not going to argue over semantics. The point is that there are scenarios that exist (terrorism, foreign agents) that completely change the motivations of the individual behind this and render much of this partisan bickering moot.  So it’s silly to focus on the why, until we know who it was.

That is fair. It just seems that this being apolitical is an extremely unlikely scenario

4 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF_R5MVgbok

I want to link this video, not because of its content, but spend a few moments looking through the comment section. Anyone who believes that conspiracy theorist are a small faction of the populace is mistaken. 

I count 1642 comments...many of them saying something something something false flag something...

some of those 1642 people could also be bots or trolls....

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

Everyone blaming Trump, you should probably look in the mirror.

done. now what?

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Uh...where else would you get your new from if not the news media?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

I mean he’s a racist orange Nazi Manchurian candidate...amirite?

3 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Can you show this story and retraction?  I did not hear CNN reporting it and don't be surprised that I am skeptical about your reporting on this issue.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/24/report-pipe-bomb-addressed-to-white-house-intercepted/

https://weatherinternal.com/2018/10/24/cnn-retracts-story-of-pipe-bomb-sent-to-white-house/

No need for skepticism.  I have provided links when called out in the past.  Of course, then I never hear back from the people who requested it...

Comments on the fb pages of Todd Starnes, Sean Hannity, Mark Levine, FoxNews hosts, all contain multiple people espousing the false flag narrative.  This isnt some minor back seat conspiracy talk anymore, it's becoming legitimized in real time

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

The attitude of the country starts at the top.

I'm not sure I agree with this either...yeah looks like I am making a TON of friend today :oldunsure:

The attitude of this country starts with us as individuals IMO.  If we have our bars set correctly, we aren't tolerating this sort of behavior under any circumstance.  I guess I hold too tightly to personal responsibility.

2 minutes ago, Rove! said:

I mean he’s a racist orange Nazi Manchurian candidate...amirite?

This is correct

42 minutes ago, dutch said:

That's actually a pretty nice touch.

glad I wasn't the only one :hifive:  :bag: 

5 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

V for Vendetta, you should watch it. Interesting you use that statement. 

1 minute ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Not the point.  People here have been saying that those who don't take everything the news media reports at face value and offer contrary opinions should be banned.  I put forward that the news media should not always be trusted 100%.  

42 minutes ago, Hilts said:

I suspect people saying Trump deserves zero blame are wanting to avoid the realization they need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and reassess the rhetoric and officials they've been supporting. 

And let me be clear....my position isn't that he isn't part of the equation.  He is.  My position is that ultimately we are responsible for the decisions we make.

• Like 1

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/24/report-pipe-bomb-addressed-to-white-house-intercepted/

https://weatherinternal.com/2018/10/24/cnn-retracts-story-of-pipe-bomb-sent-to-white-house/

No need for skepticism.  I have provided links when called out in the past.  Of course, then I never hear back from the people who requested it...

News agencies are allowed to retract stories and to call them out as spreading fake news is petty partisan bull####. 

• Like 4

Just now, butcher boy said:

Not the point.  People here have been saying that those who don't take everything the news media reports at face value and offer contrary opinions should be banned.  I put forward that the news media should not always be trusted 100%.  

OH OK

3 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

OK - they issued a retraction. What exactly is this supposed to prove?

• Like 2

Who has said that?

Literally nobody here has said this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I'm not sure I agree with this either...yeah looks like I am making a TON of friend today :oldunsure:

The attitude of this country starts with us as individuals IMO.  If we have our bars set correctly, we aren't tolerating this sort of behavior under any circumstance.  I guess I hold too tightly to personal responsibility.

I get that - its always individual accountability first.  But political leaders are calling the press our enemy and political opponents should be jailed or beaten.  Repeated over and over to cheering throngs who echo those sediments.  That attitude is being promoted by leaders.

8 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

:lmao: so true

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Who has said that?

Literally nobody here has said this.

Posts have probably been removed.  I know one of mine was.  At the beginning of the thread, anyone who brought forth the possibility of this being suspicious was met with insults and requests that we be banned.  Not the definition of open discussion.

4 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

So which part is it you have trust issues with exactly?  The part where the were wrong and wrote a retraction?  Do you not trust the retraction?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

And let me be clear....my position isn't that he isn't part of the equation.  He is.  My position is that ultimately we are responsible for the decisions we make.

1 hour ago, Hilts said:

I agree the person who did this deserves the overwhelming majority of blame. But people fueling an explosive situation don't get off scot free. You don't get to douse a place in gasoline and leave behind a pack of matches and act surprised and totally innocent when something happens. 

It seems like we agree, unless I'm really misunderstanding you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, butcher boy said:
7 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Gotcha! I read the story and followed the link to CNBC and the Secret service press releases.  From these I found that CNN was reporting that the SS was investigated additional packages sent to the White House sorting facility, which was true, but then a Secret Service clarification was picked up by CNN as well that that facility is shared by them for other high ranking officials mail sorting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/pipe-bomb-addressed-to-the-white-house-is-intercepted-cnn.html?__source=twitter|main

https://www.secretservice.gov/data/press/releases/2018/18-OCT/CMR_58_18_Secret_Service_Statement_Regarding_Interception_of_Suspicious_Packages.pdf

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/h_5b4e97a9fc939b819816a54d46b84659

CNN was initially told there was a package addressed to the White House that was being examined at the offsite processing facility that handles White House mail.

• Like 2

Just now, The Commish said:

So which part is it you have trust issues with exactly?  The part where the were wrong and wrote a retraction?  Do you not trust the retraction?

The part where they retract, that is trustworthy. The rest of it, not so much

8 minutes ago, dutch said:

Comments on the fb pages of Todd Starnes, Sean Hannity, Mark Levine, FoxNews hosts, all contain multiple people espousing the false flag narrative.  This isnt some minor back seat conspiracy talk anymore, it's becoming legitimized in real time

Yes!  Listening to Rush to see how he would manipulate the narrative he was on board with a false flag.  "The Clinton's and Obama are not roadblocks for the RNC in the upcoming midterm elections so why would any RNC person try to bomb them?"   All of this was in a condescending voice and he went on to say, "The libs will blame Trump and how he riles up all the hatred." 

2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I get that - its always individual accountability first.  But political leaders are calling the press our enemy and political opponents should be jailed or beaten.  Repeated over and over to cheering throngs who echo those sediments.  That attitude is being promoted by leaders.

Don't disagree.  And those leaders are being cheered on.  I struggle to see where Donny would go against the grain though.  Meaning, if people weren't cheering him on, I'm not sure he has the skin to be on an island.  He's a follower...he craves attention.  He needs people to like him.

Posts have probably been removed.  I know one of mine was.  At the beginning of the thread, anyone who brought forth the possibility of this being suspicious was met with insults and requests that we be banned.  Not the definition of open discussion.

So nobody has said that you have to take everything the media says at face value and of you don’t you should be banned.  Thanks for admitting that wasn’t true.

its a good start.

7 minutes ago, dutch said:

This seems like a silly but forgivable approach if the bombs weren't live.  But it's my understanding that they were.  Are these people saying that someone tried to murder a whole bunch of people, including two Democratic presidents and a former Democratic Secretary of State and presidential nominee, as a false flag?  That seems incredibly bizarre and irresponsible to even suggest. If someone really wanted to do that they could have accomplished essentially the same thing without arming the bombs.

• Like 2

Glad the Eric Holder one had the wrong address, and was returned to "sender".  At least the government official mail rooms (and secret service teams) are used to scanning mail.  If it went to Eric Holder's law firm (my old firm), they would be less used to that.  I would have to think they have a practice like that in place though, particularly for people above former plebes like me.

Just now, toshiba said:

Gotcha! I read the story and followed the link to CNBC and the Secret service press releases.  From these I found that CNN was reporting that the SS was investigated additional packages sent to the White House sorting facility, which was true, but then a Secret Service clarification was picked up by CNN as well that that facility is shared by them for other high ranking officials mail sorting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/pipe-bomb-addressed-to-the-white-house-is-intercepted-cnn.html?__source=twitter|main

https://www.secretservice.gov/data/press/releases/2018/18-OCT/CMR_58_18_Secret_Service_Statement_Regarding_Interception_of_Suspicious_Packages.pdf

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/h_5b4e97a9fc939b819816a54d46b84659

The CNN story said that a package with a bomb was addressed to the White House and that was retracted.  This should not be that hard to believe.  CNN has to do this all the time.  Be the fastest to report regardless if it's correct.  

Just now, butcher boy said:

The CNN story said that a package with a bomb was addressed to the White House and that was retracted.  This should not be that hard to believe.  CNN has to do this all the time.  Be the fastest to report regardless if it's correct.  

And you think this is only a CNN thing? News organizations generally do an amazing job getting factuals stories out as fast as possible. At times, they fail at getting things out correctly or in a timely manner. If they are reputable, they issuea apolgies and/or retractions. These are all good things

• Like 1

Just now, the moops said:

And you think this is only a CNN thing? News organizations generally do an amazing job getting factuals stories out as fast as possible. At times, they fail at getting things out correctly or in a timely manner. If they are reputable, they issuea apolgies and/or retractions. These are all good things

Of course its not just CNN.  The rush to be the first to report things is part of why there is so much fake news, like a bomb being addressed to the White House.  Nobody should accept this. So when I or someone else comes to the thread to put up an alternate explanation, well.. sorry if we don't just accept what is being told to us by the MSM at face value.  They have a history of being wrong, especially when stories are just breaking.

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

Jim Acosta‏Verified account @Acosta 32m32 minutes ago

Photos of the bomb and package sent to CNN

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1055147149158219778

Interesting for sure. Misspelled Florida and Brennan and didn’t even send it to the right network. Also spelling out Florida rather than using an abbreviation suggests it’s someone unfamiliar with the postal service.

Probably the most concerning part is that these packages made it through multiple postal facilities. It’s lucky that none of these packages were going to more private citizens who don’t have the extra security that the Clintons, Obama and CNN have.

• Like 1