What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Honest Assessment (1 Viewer)

LRSmitty79

Footballguy
So, going to miss the playoffs yet again in a 12 team, .5 PPR Keeper (11) league and I'm honestly at a loss.  Keep trying to build up this team with youth, but keeps failing and maybe I just need to stick to redraft and get out of the keeper game as I just seem to be dealing with the same result each year.  Thoughts on the team and where I've maybe misjudged talent level.

QB: Wentz & Lamar Jackson

RB: Kamara, Michel (recently traded for), Duke, Carson, Richard, McGuire

WR: Diggs, Cooks, Sutton, Tre'Quan, Demaryius, Godwin

TE: Kittle, Olsen

Chicago & Houston D/ST.

Assuming I stay for 2019, the keepers I would choose are:  Wentz (at one point thought he was a FF franchise QB), Kamara, Michel, Carson, Diggs, Cooks, Sutton, Tre'Quan, Godwin (if they move some WRs as he's not getting targets), Kittle and either Duke or Chicago D/ST.....hate to keep a D/ST, but Duke isn't doing much for me either other than the random pop up game that you can never predict

Thanks for an input

You should really measure yourself based on the points your team is scoring and not win-loss record.  The schedule can be mean and give you either false hope (better record than you should have) or false negativity (if you aren't winning but scoring well).  You didn't mention how you were doing in relation to points for the rest of your league.

I think you have a nice corps in the works with Kamara, Michel, Diggs, Cooks and Kittle.  You also have a solid QB pair with Wentz & Jackson.  That's seven keepers I would have for sure out of that group.  I would add in Sutton and Trequan fairly easily to bring it to 9. 

At this point none of the other guys are must keep so maybe look to improve your last two slots.  One mistake many people make when going dynasty is always trying to go young.  What ends up happening is you give up on guys that don't hit and then go young again and end up in perpetual rebuild.  Older guys are not bad to have and really make the difference for putting you over the top year to year.  You need a solid foundation but getting good deals on a guy like Larry Fitzgerald can really give you an in season boost and helps give you time to let younger guys develop.  The key is getting the older guys that still have gas in the tank. 

Without knowing your starting requirements I would say that running out Wentz, Kamara, Michel, Diggs, Cooks and Kittle would rival almost any team in your league.  Be patient and look to add some veteran help.  Also, don't put too much value in draft picks.  They are great trade pieces but I would rather use them on guys that have shown they can produce at the NFL level (by trading them) then forcing young guys you feel like you have to hold onto.  Don't be afraid to trade away draft picks. 

I think your team is solid and has a good foundation.  A couple additions and you should be fine but be patient and don't try and re-tool every year.  That makes sure you are re-tooling every year. 

You should really measure yourself based on the points your team is scoring and not win-loss record.  The schedule can be mean and give you either false hope (better record than you should have) or false negativity (if you aren't winning but scoring well).  You didn't mention how you were doing in relation to points for the rest of your league.

I think you have a nice corps in the works with Kamara, Michel, Diggs, Cooks and Kittle.  You also have a solid QB pair with Wentz & Jackson.  That's seven keepers I would have for sure out of that group.  I would add in Sutton and Trequan fairly easily to bring it to 9. 

At this point none of the other guys are must keep so maybe look to improve your last two slots.  One mistake many people make when going dynasty is always trying to go young.  What ends up happening is you give up on guys that don't hit and then go young again and end up in perpetual rebuild.  Older guys are not bad to have and really make the difference for putting you over the top year to year.  You need a solid foundation but getting good deals on a guy like Larry Fitzgerald can really give you an in season boost and helps give you time to let younger guys develop.  The key is getting the older guys that still have gas in the tank.  

Without knowing your starting requirements I would say that running out Wentz, Kamara, Michel, Diggs, Cooks and Kittle would rival almost any team in your league.  Be patient and look to add some veteran help.  Also, don't put too much value in draft picks.  They are great trade pieces but I would rather use them on guys that have shown they can produce at the NFL level (by trading them) then forcing young guys you feel like you have to hold onto.  Don't be afraid to trade away draft picks.  

I'm 4th overall in total points for the year and have had a couple of bad beats......lost to the 2 worst teams in the league by far during weeks I've scored in the 80s and then had highs in the 170s.....my team has been very boom bust and fallen at bad times, but seems to be the way the last few years have gone.  Got your point on the older guys; Unfortunately our trade deadline has past for the year, but maybe if I look into trading some of these picks leading up to the keeper lock date i may be able to secure some.  I may be retooling more everything year than I'd like.  I chose to pull the trigger on a trade for Michel recently by giving up Ridley, as i was suffering at RB2 with Carson injured a lot.  I actually acquired Duke in a trade in getting rid of Lamar Miller, who did have 2 good games this year after I traded the bum lol.  I had hoped Thomas was going to be a useful older receiver for me since I had so many young ones, but he was awful in Denver and worse in Houston so far. 

One more year of attempting to make a winner out of this group.  I wish it would have started out as a larger keeper league when it began many years ago, but it has morphed quite a lot.  I'm just getting burnt out one spending so much time trying to build a winner and seeing it fall apart that the fun is being lost in all of it. 

Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread