What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (1 Viewer)

A little more on this, apparently

CNN (doesn't say but I think this guy is with CNN)
He could have freaked out from anxiety, had palpitations of some sort, the prison is forced to transmit him to an ICU, he hangs himself like he wanted to.

It's not that far-fetched at all, but will only lead to conspiracy theories that are justifiable, really.

The Clinton crew skates free again.  Was there ever a doubt?
Lol

With president “lock her up” Trump and his hand picked AG, I’m just going to go out on a limb and say he’d be very much alive and well if it was just Clinton he had any dirt on. 

But that’s just me.  

He could have freaked out from anxiety, had palpitations of some sort, the prison is forced to transmit him to an ICU, he hangs himself like he wanted to.

It's not that far-fetched at all, but will only lead to conspiracy theories that are justifiable, really.
There are neutral explanations like that, or a guard just figured it's jailhouse justice to let him off himself, or maybe JE persuaded a guard to give him some space.

I'd keep in mind that Epstein basically had the guards working for him in Broward when he was in jail before, and visitor logs were lost. The man was very persuasive, that's all. That's not conspiratorial, that's looking at actual events. 

But like I said above this prison handles the worst of the worst and he was in special housing which I think is a kind of isolation. And this was his second attempt. This is really rare there, this is supposed to be the best prepared unit in the bureau of prisons.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're going full  :tinfoilhat:  (which I never recommend) -- who is it that's got a yes man currently controlling the DOJ and that federal prison, also has extensive ties to Epstein, and shares an affinity for authoritarian leaders who routinely kill people who threaten their power?
Who??

If he hung himself in his cell, then he had help--there just is no way around it. Those cells are suicide proof--other than just banging your head into the concrete bed over and over again and that is why they have cameras to catch that. 

There are neutral explanations like that, or a guard just figured it's jailhouse justice to let him off himself, or maybe JE persuaded a guard to give him some space.

I'd keep in mind that Epstein basically had the guards working for him in Broward when he was in jail before, and visitor logs were lost. The man was very persuasive, that's all. That's not conspiratorial, that's looking at actual events. 

But like I said above this prison handles the worst of the worst and he was in special housing which I think is a kind of isolation. And this was his second attempt. This is really rare there, this is supposed to be the best prepared unit in the bureau of prisons.
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you or pooh-poohing your frustration. It was just spitballing.

I'm trying to find a personal Ockham or Occam level here.

If we're going full  :tinfoilhat:  (which I never recommend) -- who is it that's got a yes man currently controlling the DOJ and that federal prison, also has extensive ties to Epstein, and shares an affinity for authoritarian leaders who routinely kill people who threaten their power?
Who rode the Lolita Express 30 times to Theo’s private island and around the world and recived millions from his Democrat fundraising?  Bill Clinton.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you or pooh-poohing your frustration. It was just spitballing.

I'm trying to find a personal Ockham or Occam level here.
Right now the way I'm reading the news it sounds like he was given space to do what he did. That is, yeah, suicide happened.

And if that's the case someone in Bureau of Prisons really needs to be held responsible. And simple negligence is Occam's Razor but as far as I'm concerned thunder should rain down on who is responsible regardless. 

Who rode the Lolita Express 30 times to Theo’s private island and around the world and recived millions from his Democrat fundraising?  Bill Clinton.
Buddy, Bill Barr's deputy AG instructed Bureau of Prisons to hold Paul Manafort at Manhattan CC instead of sending him to Rikers. If you want an org chart for how this works I'll be glad to get you one.

Right now the way I'm reading the news it sounds like he was given space to do what he did. That is, yeah, suicide happened.

And if that's the case someone in Bureau of Prisons really needs to be held responsible. And simple negligence is Occam's Razor but as far as I'm concerned thunder should rain down on who is responsible regardless. 
See my above comment about safeguards for liberty written into administrative procedure.

I've personally seen instances (we'll call it that) of how liberty buts up against incarceration or removal from society at most points along the continuum. Much like Tinker and schools, you don't shed your constitutional rights at the door of the prison. 

Buddy, Bill Barr's deputy AG instructed Bureau of Prisons to hold Paul Manafort at Manhattan CC instead of sending him to Rikers. If you want an org chart for how this works I'll be glad to get you one.
At the expense of betraying favoritism towards one President or the other, the bodies and actual perjuries seem to pile up at one's feet rather than the other. That's all I'll say about both, as both are odious and have odious org charts. 

Sometimes the safeguards we put into administrative procedure to safeguard one's liberties trump the interest in finding out the truth. This is one of those times.
Sometimes bad things happen due to "administrative mistakes" and after an administrative shell game all go on with their lives.  Except for the dead person and his victims.

When I think of conspiracy theories there’s generally a long chain of assumptions.  This one really doesn’t require much.  We know what he did, we know he catered to wealthy people, and we know he was being kept in a manner that made suicide impossible.

The move to he had to have help is basically one obvious step away from the facts.

Sometimes bad things happen due to "administrative mistakes" and after an administrative shell game all go on with their lives.  Except for the dead person and his victims.

When I think of conspiracy theories there’s generally a long chain of assumptions.  This one really doesn’t require much.  We know what he did, we know he catered to wealthy people, and we know he was being kept in a manner that made suicide impossible.

The move to he had to have help is basically one obvious step away from the facts.
I agree with both of these comments, by the way. I want to see how this shakes out in terms of the reporting. We'll never get a definitive story.

This is sad on so many levels. And angering. That everybody in this forum knew he was dead as soon as this stuff started leaking says something scary about the people in charge of these things. They're in charge of justice in this country. This is why non-elites still have mass appeal, as I wrote before and got pooh-poohed for. 

See my above comment about safeguards for liberty written into administrative procedure.

I've personally seen instances (we'll call it that) of how liberty buts up against incarceration or removal from society at most points along the continuum. Much like Tinker and schools, you don't shed your constitutional rights at the door of the prison. 
There are privacy issues so no 24 hour recording, but hanging yourself requires a fair amount of time and means.

At the expense of betraying favoritism towards one President or the other, the bodies and actual perjuries seem to pile up at one's feet rather than the other. That's all I'll say about both, as both are odious and have odious org charts. 
The Clintons are absolutely on the hook for being found in the disgustingness that surrounds this human excrement, but getting back to your excellent point please someone figure out a rational way to insert them in a line of command from the AG to the guard at MCC SHU cell no. Xyz. That doesn’t put it on Trump either btw, best explanation right now is sheer stupid mind numbing incompetence.

There are privacy issues so no 24 hour recording, but hanging yourself requires a fair amount of time and means.
It requires no restraints on your transfer to the ICU with only a few minutes in between nurse visits. Not hard to imagine at all.

Of course, it could have been a guard looking the other way or providing the means, but we'll never know that. 

It requires no restraints on your transfer to the ICU with only a few minutes in between nurse visits. Not hard to imagine at all.

Of course, it could have been a guard looking the other way or providing the means, but we'll never know that. 
I think you are underestimating how difficult it is to hang oneself.

I agree with both of these comments, by the way. I want to see how this shakes out in terms of the reporting. We'll never get a definitive story.
I regularly poop on the mass of conspiracy theories that roll around here.   This one - yeah, there was "help". :tinfoilhat: One wonders what will happen with all the contents of his safe now.

Lol

With president “lock her up” Trump and his hand picked AG, I’m just going to go out on a limb and say he’d be very much alive and well if it was just Clinton he had any dirt on. 

But that’s just me.  
Well, there are a lot of dead bodies that seem to turn up around the Clintons.  

And Trump certainly was connected to him, with a manifestly corrupt DOJ that runs straight to the top.  

But I think this is a lot bigger than the typical partisan dunking.  

How come no ones blaming the royal family yet?
I get your comment and its likely intent, but that's because they don't have the history of Clinton or Trump, if I'm not mistaken. Di happened in the streets for everyone to see. Could it have been the driver? Sure. Doubtfully. But a high speed chase with driver error is way more plausible than authorities with direct lines to two presidents not watching this guy in jail when everybody knew he likely wouldn't make it if they didn't keep careful watch on him.

I think you are underestimating how difficult it is to hang oneself.
Bed, sheet, fan or other divider.

Probably likely standard in all hospital rooms that one must transfer to.

But your point is taken. Like I said, I pooh-pooh nothing and am only trying to determine my own level of org. chart and Occam on this one.

Bodies do seem to follow the Clintons, iniquity; Trump. It's not pretty.

It requires three steps. The first is taking him off suicide watch, which I take it meant he had access to stuff prisoners ordinarily have access to. The second is keeping him in SHU which according to the former USA SDNY isn’t supposed to happen. The third is the guard or guards not paying attention or looking the other way.

To be clear, I don't think it is particularly likely that Trump somehow had Barr get this done, just as I don't think it is particularly likely that Clinton somehow got this done. I do think that someone helped this to happen, though. Given the amount of money and power of the people involved in Epstein's sick ####, it could have been any one of them. Money makes things happen and loose ends can be tied up if they think about talking.

Bed, sheet, fan or other divider.

Probably likely standard in all hospital rooms that one must transfer to.

But your point is taken. Like I said, I pooh-pooh nothing and am only trying to determine my own level of org. chart and Occam on this one.

Bodies do seem to follow the Clintons, iniquity; Trump. It's not pretty.
VINCE FOSTER KILLED JEFFREY EPSTEIN!!!!1!!!!!

It requires three steps. The first is taking him off suicide watch, which I take it meant he had access to stuff prisoners ordinarily have access to. The second is keeping him in SHU which according to the former USA SDNY isn’t supposed to happen. The third is the guard or guards not paying attention or looking the other way.
I have no idea what SHU is. I would imagine upon transfer into a hospital room that things get hectic and protocol is not totally followed by hospital staff, who have other things on their mind. 

You know else where a lot of dead bodies turn up around?

Drunk drivers and knives.  Should we ban cars and knives?
This is somewhat high-level intraboard analogy shtick. Not quite Hoard's deep one-liners. But still calculus. 

Users who are viewing this thread