What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (3 Viewers)

9 million a day. If they somehow sustained that rate they'd get to $5 billion in about a year and a half. $20 billion would take about 6 years. Better ramp it up, conservatives!
The problem is the same as with pyramid schemes: eventually, you run out of new people stupid enough to give away their money, and those who are stupid enough to give it away run out of money.

It's actually really weird that you judge my posts. All I have done is report facts about this and have some fun with some of the donation names.  
Judging posts is what we do here. Yet it's one of the things that gets complained about all the time. I think that's pretty weird. 

4.095 mil.   145k in 14 minutes.  What's the math on 600k per hour during the day and 150k per hour at night?
4.38 mil.    I am fascinated by the velocity of all this.   Will it increase as new totals hit the media? When will it start to die?

Has anyone left in the comments portion for their donation the phrase “freedom ain’t free!”.  I feel like it has to have shown up at least once 

When I looked at this yesterday it was at only $800,000, now almost 5 mil.  But people don't want this wall to be built, right..?

When I looked at this yesterday it was at only $800,000, now almost 5 mil.  But people don't want this wall to be built, right..?
I think this gofundme piece is much more about satire than reality. People will get their money back so they are using it as an opportunity to poke fun and have a little fun with the ludicrousity with it. Hell, I’ll donate $5 just to have fun and see how the Trumpers will claim, “we’re almost there.” 

This is satire, nothing more, nothing less. 

He should get Sarah McLachlan to film a commercial:  "For just 60 cents a day, you can help a Visa executive install individual video screens on the back of the headrests in the BMW he's buying his kid for Christmas. You'll provide medical care for a CEO of a government contracting business whose wife is in desperate need of a boob job. Call or join online in the next 30 minutes and you'll receive this welcome kit with a photo of a brown person starving to death in the desert."
:lmao:

9 million a day. If they somehow sustained that rate they'd get to $5 billion in about a year and a half. $20 billion would take about 6 years. Better ramp it up, conservatives!
This is what I don't get - $5B is just the down payment, not the entire wall.  Like I've said earlier, good luck on the $5B.  Now who's funding the other (conservative estimate of) $15B?

Well buddy, those people were told our government would build it, then they were told that Mexico would pay for it, then they were told it would be a real concrete wall.

Now those people are going to give their money - as a voluntary TAX - to someone - who knows who and there are several of these funds - and that money (maybe) will go to who knows who at the government, which is itself not permitted to spend a penny unless authorized by Congress.

But yeah people do indeed want this. And usually hucksters live off of the hopes and dreams of often very good people who just want things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to my regional (nortshshore) am tea party station today and this was THE topic. People calling in and vociferously encouraging donations. The host was directing them towards a particular site which he said was supposedly run by someone supposedly reputable. No Flynn, no talk of the wall not happening, no Syria.... it was wall wall wall.

Oh no!

This is gonna ruin the whole plan.
From this link:

And even though at a rate of $1.7 million daily, it would take their fund about 35 years to raise the $21.7 billion that Trump's own Dept. of Homeland Security says would be needed  to build said wall, we wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented friends and help them.

But by all means, people should continue to send their $20.

Semi-serious question - when people donate here - are they donating? or pledging?

Assuming its a donation - what happens to the money?  The guy who starts the gofundme gets to distribute it?

Secondary, question - how many of these people would have opposed a tax increase to pay for the wall?

ETA - even assuming the guy donates the entire sum to the US treasury - do people not understand that Congress still has to approve any expenditures?  Congress - particularly a democratic congress does not have to fund the wall at all....

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the comments on this dude's FB aren't so excellent

Lance Lyon

I see they forgot to amputate your head...... man, you epitomise everything that is wrong with the US with this ridiculous fundraiser.

3.95 mil.    65000 donated.  
4.095 mil.   145k in 14 minutes.  What's the math on 600k per hour during the day and 150k per hour at night?
Well, that would be 9 million per day which obviously isn't happening.

At any rate, it's pretty easy to throw out a fake donation when you know that all the money will be refunded. I might "donate" a few thousands myself and put it in the name of "Vladimir Putin".

Correct. Most people (approximately 62%) DO NOT WANT the wall to be built.

The donations are coming from the 74% of Republicans who do want the wall to be built.

Correct. Most people (approximately 62%) DO NOT WANT the wall to be built.

The donations are coming from the 74% of Republicans who do want the wall to be built.
And their voices should be heard.  63 Million people voted for Trump knowing full well this was a top item on his agenda.  

all of this is what makes America great.
I don't know if liberals cracking jokes while raising money for a worthy cause to help those in need while conservatives throw obscene amounts of cash at a pointless boondoggle that will likely produce nothing except a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the super-rich is what makes America great ... but it's definitely a pretty good representation of what makes America America.

I don't know if liberals cracking jokes while raising money for a worthy cause to help those in need while conservatives throw obscene amounts of cash at a pointless boondoggle that will likely produce nothing except a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the super-rich is what makes America great ... but it's definitely a pretty good representation of what makes America America.
yep, I really meant that both of these funds are what makes America America. We have the freedom to do this crap. 

Users who are viewing this thread