What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was Go Fundme Wrong to interfere in the Canadian Trucker Collection Efforts? (1 Viewer)

who decides virtuous ?

in retrospect, since Rittenhouse was innocent, that one should have stood, right ?
Here is the gofundme statement on this

GoFundMe removed fundraisers that were started last year once charges for a violent crime were brought against Rittenhouse. GoFundMe said it was part of its “regular monitoring efforts” and that hundreds of other fundraisers unrelated to Rittenhouse were removed between August and December of 2020.

In cases like Rittenhouse, where someone is acquitted, GoFundMe said “a fundraiser started subsequently for their legal defense and other expenses would not violate this policy.”

I hadn't heard this so I googled for his quote but couldn't find it. The closest I saw was - 

Mr Trudeau said: "Freedom of expression, assembly and association are cornerstones of democracy, but Nazi symbolism, racist imagery and desecration of war memorials are not."

Is that what you are referring to?

There was one ####### waving a Nazi flag and there's now a $6,500 reward for identifying him.

$6500 Canadian?

It’s an awful look no doubt, but is it illegal in Canada to have one?  I did see some Don’t Tread on Me flags at these protests.

ekbeats said:
I hate that companies now seem to have a political bias.  I don’t think it’s good for the country.  We don’t allow discrimination based on  sex, race, etc.  Maybe it’s time to extend that to political beliefs.

Never even considered this but it does seem necessary. I know companies where you're strongly advised not talk openly if you support one particular side. It is well known that it is career suicide. 

ekbeats said:
I hate that companies now seem to have a political bias.  I don’t think it’s good for the country.  We don’t allow discrimination based on  sex, race, etc.  Maybe it’s time to extend that to political beliefs.
Yeah, but then we're asking politicians to take a crack at defining "political beliefs".  Ugh - I don't believe those jackals to be capable of doing that.

We already have a case of a court being forced to define what "Mexican food" is.  That's enough to give one the willies.

Yeah, but then we're asking politicians to take a crack at defining "political beliefs".  Ugh - I don't believe those jackals to be capable of doing that.

We already have a case of a court being forced to define what "Mexican food" is.  That's enough to give one the willies.
One thing I think is universally accepted is you cannot get good Mexican food in Canada. I had the worst burrito of my life in Montreal.

One thing I think is universally accepted is you cannot get good Mexican food in Canada. I had the worst burrito of my life in Montreal.
And iced tea. The western half of the country has the worst tea I’ve ever had. Much better in the east (even Toronto Pearson airport)

Last edited by a moderator:
What did they expect to happen when they were going to redirect the funds to other charities?  It's essentially stealing.

What did they expect to happen when they were going to redirect the funds to other charities?  It's essentially stealing.
The charities were picked by the Truckers who organized this or you could get the money back. The it was switched to just give the money back. This was my understanding.

$6500 Canadian?

It’s an awful look no doubt, but is it illegal in Canada to have one?  I did see some Don’t Tread on Me flags at these protests.
Those Canucks should have joined us in 1776.  Instead they persisted under the yoke of royal rule for a good long while after that.  The American rebels should have guaranteed religious freedom for the French Canadian Catholics, but they didn't. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread