What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help on converting analog to digital (VHS-C) (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
I've got a bunch of old VHS-C tapes I would like to convert to digital (i.e., transfer to my computer for editing)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a piece of equipment that will play the tapes (no longer have camcorder) and enable transfer?  I'd like to do this on my own rather than use a 3rd party service.

TIA

Hey kupchobot, are they the tiny cassettes or the big ones? Transfer is pretty easy if they're larger vhs cassettes. 

eta* Okay, so I did a quick search. They have adapters that will allow you to play your VHS-C in a larger VCR machine, assuming you have one. It's like a cartridge. From there, I imagine you can buy a 40 dollar or so adapter to transfer to DVD or something more expensive for digital. In total, it looks like it will run you seventy-five bucks from Amazon, not including shipping. The only reason I think it'll work is because the cords in the kits are just standard patch cords that should play any video output.  

Adapter page

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about VHS, but I had a similar issue with DVDs to digital last week and found a program that made it so easy. 

Inserted the disc to an external dvd drive, dragged the files, converted and saved as digital. Software cost me $30. Honestly, could not have been easier. 

WinX DVD Ripper for Mac. 

Check to see if they have something for VHS, if they do, I'd assume it is equally as easy. 

Users who are viewing this thread