What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (2 Viewers)

Quinnipiac poll:

Biden 38% Warren 12% Sanders 11% Buttigieg 10% Harris 8% O’Rourke 5% Booker 2% Castro 1% Klobuchar 1% Inslee 1% Yang 1% Delaney <1% Gillibrand <1% Gabbard <1% Hickenlooper <1% Messam <1% Moulton <1% Ryan <1% Swalwell <1% Williamson <1%

New 2020 poll From @CNN:

poll just out: Biden 39% Sanders 15% Warren 8% Buttigieg 7% O’Rourke 6% Harris 5% Booker 2% Gabbard 2% Klobuchar 2% Castro 1% Gillibrand 1% Inslee 1% Swalwell 1% Williamson 1% Yang 1% de Blasio <1% Ryan <1% Bennet 0% Delaney 0% Hickenlooper 0% Messam 0% Moulton 0%

Quinnipiac poll:

Biden 38% Warren 12% Sanders 11% Buttigieg 10% Harris 8% O’Rourke 5% Booker 2% Castro 1% Klobuchar 1% Inslee 1% Yang 1% Delaney <1% Gillibrand <1% Gabbard <1% Hickenlooper <1% Messam <1% Moulton <1% Ryan <1% Swalwell <1% Williamson <1%
:unsure:

How would I describe Joe Biden?

• Not a man of conviction
  • Does not know how to recognize, find, and use people with good talents
  • Clueless on how to acquire power
  • Confused on how to get the message out
  • Strategy? Wha?
Should I continue?
Can you elaborate on why you think those things?

Who are you currently supporting or if you're not supporting anyone, who do you think would be the best candidate?

• Strategy? Wha?
Should I continue?
No. Unless you can name the Democrat running for President that you would be willing to vote for. 

Lets just say I don’t think you’re representative, either of those choosing who the Democratic nominee will be, or those who will be decisive in choosing who out next President will be. 

• Strategy? Wha?
Should I continue?
I think this is like the TSP where people are asked to clarify if they’re talking dynasty or redraft. Are we talking primary or general? - I think these discussions are really interesting between Biden and the other Dems. Between Biden or any Dem & Trump? It’s a ridiculous discussion. Trump may be the first president in history to have not learned from his time in office. He seems as naive, self-interested and feckless as the day he came in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quinnipiac poll:

What’s interesting to me is the Sanders and Warren numbers. Basically these should be the same people right? So let’s say that one of them (perhaps Warren) doesn’t perform well in the early states and runs out of cash and has to quit. That means around 20-25% go to Bernie. 

But that’s still not enough. Bernie’s main problem is the exact same as last time- how does he get higher than 25%? I don’t think he can. 

What’s interesting to me is the Sanders and Warren numbers. Basically these should be the same people right? So let’s say that one of them (perhaps Warren) doesn’t perform well in the early states and runs out of cash and has to quit. That means around 20-25% go to Bernie. 

But that’s still not enough. Bernie’s main problem is the exact same as last time- how does he get higher than 25%? I don’t think he can. 
I've been saying that for a few weeks now - but nobody on Team Bernie is buying it.  :shrug:

He does it by drawing even or getting to 1a/1b with Biden in IA and NH. I do think Warren and the lesser candidates are a problem. Warren is in the same issue sphere and the multiple choices act as alternatives to DNCe. 

People say Biden has a lot of foreign policy expertise.  When has he been right vs. wrong?
You’re talking judgement now, not competence. Different discussion. It might be interesting to discuss Biden’s FP positions but there are so many candidates right now that comps could be exhausting.

People say Biden has a lot of foreign policy expertise.  When has he been right vs. wrong?
The first one that immediately comes to mind was his proposal in 2007 to divide Iraq into 3 separate entities which would include an independent Kurdistan. If we had chosen that course back then, ISIS would have never existed, Iran would be much weaker, and our geopolitical situation in the Middle East would be far superior today. 

Can you be competent without good judgement?
Yes, I think so. Understanding the issues and facts is competence at the job. That’s what being qualified means. Trump literally tells his Intel teams to shut up or to suppress factual detail. That’s incompetent. 

I think this is like the TSP where people are asked to clarify if they’re talking dynasty or redraft. Are we talking primary or general? - I think these discussions are really interesting between Biden and the other Dems. Between Biden or any Dem & Trump? It’s a ridiculous discussion. Trump may be the first president in history to have not learned from his time in office. He seems as naive, self-interested and feckless as the day he came in.
This is what happens when you desire to surround yourself with yes men and when you find one that isn't you fire them and move on to someone else.  It's pretty comical to watch the Trump supporters talk about echo chambers when that's their dear leader's goto.

Any discussion here of Biden ordering Ukraine to terminate their AG (with the threat of withholding billions in US money) who was investigating a corruption scandal tied to Lil Biden?

Any discussion here of Lil Biden securing a billion dollar deal from China for a hedge fund he was involved with while daddy was VP?

And since everyone here is apparently concerned with infidelity and president's children all of a sudden, any discussion of Lil Biden cheating on his wife with his dead brother's widow before the body was cold?

I'll hang up and listen.

Any discussion here of Biden ordering Ukraine to terminate their AG (with the threat of withholding billions in US money) who was investigating a corruption scandal tied to Lil Biden?

Any discussion here of Lil Biden securing a billion dollar deal from China for a hedge fund he was involved with while daddy was VP?

And since everyone here is apparently concerned with infidelity and president's children all of a sudden, any discussion of Lil Biden cheating on his wife with his dead brother's widow before the body was cold?

I'll hang up and listen.
The answer is no, because I’m unaware of these stories. Can you provide reputable sources for them? I’d like to learn more, tia. 

It’s also already been discussed in this thread.

The Trump administration has also been banging the table that private oppo research as foundation of criminal investigations and that political influence of the DOJ is a crime.Yaknow, when allegedly done by others.

But the Ukrainians are allies, striving for democracy and to fight corruption, and if there’s anything to this I’m sure the new administration there won’t be shy about revealing it.

It’s also already been discussed in this thread.

The Trump administration has also been banging the table that private oppo research as foundation of criminal investigations and that political influence of the DOJ is a crime.Yaknow, when allegedly done by others.

But the Ukrainians are allies, striving for democracy and to fight corruption, and if there’s anything to this I’m sure the new administration there won’t be shy about revealing it.
I personally don't care much about this event one way or the other, I just want consistency from our governing body and media.  I'm sure this isn't the last we've heard of this situation. 

I personally don't care much about this event one way or the other, I just want consistency from our governing body and media.  I'm sure this isn't the last we've heard of this situation. 
That's fair.

But I'll also point out that Tim asked for a reliable source and John Solomon is not that. Fwiw here is the NYT report.

The Trump team’s efforts to draw attention to the Bidens’ work in Ukraine, which is already yielding coverage in conservative media, has been led partly by Rudolph W. Giuliani, who served as a lawyer for Mr. Trump in the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. Mr. Giuliani’s involvement raises questions about whether Mr. Trump is endorsing an effort to push a foreign government to proceed with a case that could hurt a political opponent at home.

Mr. Giuliani has discussed the Burisma investigation, and its intersection with the Bidens, with the ousted Ukrainian prosecutor general and the current prosecutor. He met with the current prosecutor multiple times in New York this year. The current prosecutor general later told associates that, during one of the meetings, Mr. Giuliani called Mr. Trump excitedly to brief him on his findings, according to people familiar with the conversations.

...Mr. Giuliani declined to comment on any such phone call with Mr. Trump, but acknowledged that he has discussed the matter with the president on multiple occasions. Mr. Trump, in turn, recently suggested he would like Attorney General William P. Barr to look into the material gathered by the Ukrainian prosecutors — echoing repeated calls from Mr. Giuliani for the Justice Department to investigate the Bidens’ Ukrainian work and other connections between Ukraine and the United States.

...The decision to reopen the investigation into Burisma was made in March by the current Ukrainian prosecutor general, who had cleared Hunter Biden’s employer more than two years ago. The announcement came in the midst of Ukraine’s contentious presidential election, and was seen in some quarters as an effort by the prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, to curry favor from the Trump administration for his boss and ally, the incumbent president, Petro O. Poroshenko.

Mr. Poroshenko lost his re-election bid in a landslide last month. While the incoming president, Volodymyr Zelensky, has said he will replace Mr. Lutsenko as prosecutor general, Mr. Zelensky has not said whether the prosecutors he appoints will be asked to continue the investigation.

Kostiantyn H. Kulyk, a deputy for Mr. Lutsenko who was handling the cases before being reassigned last month, told The New York Times that he was scrutinizing millions of dollars of payments from Burisma to the firm that paid Hunter Biden.

No evidence has surfaced that the former vice president intentionally tried to help his son by pressing for the prosecutor general’s dismissal. ...

What is the chance that Biden will give up touting his bipartisan record?  I say it is definitely not 50-50.
I have no idea, but I am sure he will run on it. That may not bode well with the Dem electorate's mood, not sure, but that's his brand so my guess is he will stick with it.

Good Democratic candidates who can get my vote must stand on their own merits, and not run only an anti-Trump campaign.  This is the winning strategy if they care to listen.
You'll need more criteria to narrow it down if you are genuinely looking at Democrats.  So far, the only one with any sort of meaningful focus on Trump and engaging him is Biden.  The rest are running on their platforms.  Good luck :thumbup:  

Joe going with the "I have a black friend" routine in SC.  Nice. 
Please don't do the mocking a  "black friend" thing. I see it from both sides and it's equally lame. It's a good thing to talk about friendships with people that look different from you. Much better to encourage more of that instead of mocking it. 

Please don't do the mocking a  "black friend" thing. I see it from both sides and it's equally lame. It's a good thing to talk about friendships with people that look different from you. Much better to encourage more of that instead of mocking it. 
Understood, I'll phrase it better in the future.  I just wonder how the whole "you liked Obama, so you should like me" line of thinking will go. 

Understood, I'll phrase it better in the future.  I just wonder how the whole "you liked Obama, so you should like me" line of thinking will go. 
Personally I think it will go excellent. Polling suggests African Americans seem to love Biden, and will be highly motivated to vote for him if the opponent is Donald Trump. 

For sure, If I were running Biden's campaign, I'd go all in on "you liked Obama, so you should like me". 

Among Presidents of the last 50 years, where would you rank Obama's time in office?
It was just a continuation of the Clinton years. Where some economic good news covered for all kinds of issues. Too late to the party on various social issues. Too willing to shred the social safety net to prove how pragmatic he was. Too given to violent solutions instead of nuanced approaches. And in the end a hollowed out party that was good at only one thing, electing him. That hollowing out along with his continuation of the failed neoliberal policies have some share of the responsibility for the fact Trump occupies the White House. Not a fan.

Overall I'm not a fan of Biden and I'm extremely skeptical about Democrats and Republicans working together effectively.  However, if I had to pick the candidate most likely to be able to make compromises with the other side, I'd have to admit that would be Biden.  (And, for the record, I think that would be a good thing.)
You can't make deals with dishonest actors. 

If he, like you, sees no appreciable difference between Trump and, say, Clinton, he absolutely shouldn’t take anything like that lesson from this. 
Would we be in less wars with Clinton? Would we have given away our sovereignty via TPP with Clinton? Would have made any real progress on restoring the social safety net with one of the people responsible for its shredding in the White House? Would we be in a better place on Climate change with a president that used one of the biggest fracking lobbyist as her environmental advisor? Better than Trump is far too low a bar.

New 2020 poll From @CNN:

poll just out: Biden 39% Sanders 15% Warren 8% Buttigieg 7% O’Rourke 6% Harris 5% Booker 2% Gabbard 2% Klobuchar 2% Castro 1% Gillibrand 1% Inslee 1% Swalwell 1% Williamson 1% Yang 1% de Blasio <1% Ryan <1% Bennet 0% Delaney 0% Hickenlooper 0% Messam 0% Moulton 0%
Didn't poll one person under 50 as I recall.

Would we be in less wars with Clinton? Would we have given away our sovereignty via TPP with Clinton? Would have made any real progress on restoring the social safety net with one of the people responsible for its shredding in the White House? Would we be in a better place on Climate change with a president that used one of the biggest fracking lobbyist as her environmental advisor? Better than Trump is far too low a bar.
Not when the alternative is Trump. 

I remember when folks where very focused on Reagan's age before his first term.  I mention it since he was much younger and since, by the end, he was exhibiting symptoms of mental decay.

Me, I believe the residency ages a person at least two years for every year in Office.  I think it irresponsible, all things being equal-which they never are- to elect a person over 60 years of age. 

I don’t get how Biden does so well with African Americans.  He’s atrocious on drug war, backed the crime bill, called them ‘predators’ and wagged his finger at them.  It doesn’t make any sense.  Just Obamawashed it all away?  

I don’t get how Biden does so well with African Americans.  He’s atrocious on drug war, backed the crime bill, called them ‘predators’ and wagged his finger at them.  It doesn’t make any sense.  Just Obamawashed it all away?  
He just flip flops and says that was a different time and people forget..... I guess....

Users who are viewing this thread