What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

The political structure has not changed in the past 4 years. The political structure will not change in the next 4 years. The establishment still runs the show, and America loves it. America loves entrenching themselves in the endless 2-way "my sides better than your side" battle. The road which led us to Trump, Clinton, and Biden will lead to similar outcomes going forth.
Sadly, I think this is true. Nobody wants to admit they were wrong. People on both sides may say they want to have a conversation but what they really want to do is defend their side and ridicule and dismiss the other side. 

I am not trying to be rude but I don’t understand this...my point is Biden maybe not mentally capable of doing the job and they do not want this exposed...this is not about policy differences or whether Trump is the devil...it is whether Biden is mentally fit enough to be president...if you want Trump out and feel he is dishonest that is fine but let’s make sure the person who is running against him is actually gonna be able to do the job...right now there are serious questions about that.
For sake of argument lets agree that Biden is in a serious decline and will not be mentally capable of performing the tasks required of the president.   For sake of argument this is a given.

Given this, Biden is still the superior candidate!   And it is not even close!   There is no "maybe" about whether Trump is mentally capable of being president.  He has long established for most that he was not and any lingering doubt should have been removed since at least mid March.  Since we agreed for argument sake that Biden is in the same boat this doesn't make either better on this regard.

What we have also seen since inauguration day 2017 is that Trump surrounds himself "with only the best" where "best" is defined as worshiping at the Trump altar.  There is no one in the room that disagrees with the mentally incapable Trump.   Those that have stood up over these three plus years have been purged.  There is no one left.  Now we don't know exactly who Biden will surround himself with but we have a pretty decent idea.  We also know that Biden has spent a Senate career being surrounded and working with those that disagree with him.  So it is these people that will surround a president Biden that will makes the difference.  And as said it is not even close!

If you are given two choices you take the better one.

This isn’t some crazy concept.
Exactly.  👍

Just like we did in 2016 and what we'll do again this year:  take the better of two choices.  There is ZERO doubt it's Trump at this time.  Biden will be lucky he can even remember his name in another month or two.

There is real concern among Democrats in his inner circle that Biden's cognitive abilities are rapidly degrading.  I mean, it's so obvious even a caveman could see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing
Reactions: rct
Exactly.  👍

Just like we did in 2016 and what we'll do again this year:  take the better of two choices.  There is ZERO doubt it's Trump at this time.  Biden will be lucky he can even remember his name in another month or two.

There is real concern among Democrats that Biden's cognitive abilities are rapidly degrading.  I mean, it's so obvious even a caveman could see it.
So you can think this. But you know it’s not right. 

The point is that just because you think both these guys suck you pick the better one.

Oh and :lol:  that Trump’s mind isn’t mush. His Axios interview with his charts, today’s reading off the prompter “Thighland”.

It’s definitely Trump shtick to attack the area that he’s weak in though. The guy does stick to his playbook. 

Exactly.  👍

There is real concern among Democrats in his inner circle that Biden's cognitive abilities are rapidly degrading.  I mean, it's so obvious even a caveman could see it.
How would you know this? 

The point is, it is sad that we’ve been given 2 ####ty choices ... AGAIN
We don’t know if Biden sucks. Maybe he’s some amazing manager of people. Maybe he builds some super team. He somehow got the nomination. He’s got Bernie out there carrying his water. He has something going on. 

We have seen Trump in action and it’s no bueno.

How would you know this? 
This: https://theintercept.com/2020/03/09/it-was-democrats-and-their-media-allies-who-impugned-bidens-cognitive-fitness-yet-now-feign-outrage/

And this: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/505562-biden-must-release-results-of-his-cognitive-decline-tests-voters-need-to

for starters.  I mean, you're not seriously questioning that Biden is showing a massive cognitive decline?  Even if I didn't give you those links you can clearly see it in the interviews he does do.  At this point, it's not even debatable that it's happening.  And it's happening fast.

• Laughing
So you can think this. But you know it’s not right. 

The point is that just because you think both these guys suck you pick the better one.

Oh and :lol:  that Trump’s mind isn’t mush. His Axios interview with his charts, today’s reading off the prompter “Thighland”.

It’s definitely Trump shtick to attack the area that he’s weak in though. The guy does stick to his playbook. 
You can think this, but you know it's not right.  That was easy.

Biden in massive cognitive decline vs Trump?  Trump for the easy win.  Not even debatable.

If you can't see Biden's decline, then you're being willfully ignorant at this point.  I can't help you with that.  But you will get a lot of likes from the emoji warriors!

• Laughing
You can think this, but you know it's not right.  That was easy.

Biden in massive cognitive decline vs Trump?  Trump for the easy win.  Not even debatable.

If you can't see Biden's decline, then you're being willfully ignorant at this point.  I can't help you with that.  But you will get a lot of likes from the emoji warriors!
Biden won the nomination in a crowded field. Biden debated Bernie, looked fine. He has been better on how to handle COVID. He was right about how to handle the DNC convention. The old dude seems to be getting a lot right lately.

Have you listened to Trump speak in the last few months? Did you watch these interviews he has done recently? 

It's a comedy of errors. He is still saying COVID will just fade away, there was the weird Person woman man camera TV thing, the getting worked over repeatedly by the Axios guy, Thighland...on and on. 

Biden won the nomination in a crowded field. Biden debated Bernie, looked fine. He has been better on how to handle COVID. He was right about how to handle the DNC convention. The old dude seems to be getting a lot right lately.

Have you listened to Trump speak in the last few months? Did you watch these interviews he has done recently? 

It's a comedy of errors. He is still saying COVID will just fade away, there was the weird Person woman man camera TV thing, the getting worked over repeatedly by the Axios guy, Thighland...on and on. 
As with most things...what Trump accuses his opponents of...he is guilty to a larger degree.

This: https://theintercept.com/2020/03/09/it-was-democrats-and-their-media-allies-who-impugned-bidens-cognitive-fitness-yet-now-feign-outrage/

And this: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/505562-biden-must-release-results-of-his-cognitive-decline-tests-voters-need-to

for starters.  I mean, you're not seriously questioning that Biden is showing a massive cognitive decline?  Even if I didn't give you those links you can clearly see it in the interviews he does do.  At this point, it's not even debatable that it's happening.  And it's happening fast.
I asked how you would know there is concerns in his inner circle.  

At least kudos for better sources/links. 👍

Not arguing for Biden too much either. I was not happy he was getting the nomination.   Like The General said, what Biden has going for him is we have seen Trump "lead".  

We have to get out of this political rut though.  Oof. 

We don’t know if Biden sucks. Maybe he’s some amazing manager of people. Maybe he builds some super team. He somehow got the nomination. He’s got Bernie out there carrying his water. He has something going on. 

We have seen Trump in action and it’s no bueno.
He doesn't need a super team.  He just needs marginally competent people that are dedicated to doing a job other than stroking his ego.

He doesn't need to be an amazing manager of people.  He just needs to get out of the way of those few experts that haven't fled from career positions.

Biden is the choice because he is the most uninteresting, most likely to disappear from the spotlight so we can all take a deep breath and regroup.

He doesn't need a super team.  He just needs marginally competent people that are dedicated to doing a job other than stroking his ego.

He doesn't need to be an amazing manager of people.  He just needs to get out of the way of those few experts that haven't fled from career positions.

Biden is the choice because he is the most uninteresting, most likely to disappear from the spotlight so we can all take a deep breath and regroup.
Exactly. Enough already. Can we work to get back to normal? This isn’t normal. It’s invasive, get out of our lives so we can get back to it. 

Let me keep getting hit in the face by a bat.

Let me try this other option.

Hmmm. What should I pick? This is tough. 
Sir, could you please club me with the nice leather club sir?  

If you were the only choice running against him, I'd vote for you. 
They are NOT the only choices.  Literally staying home and eating cheetos is better than subjecting this country to them.  

Sir, could you please club me with the nice leather club sir?  

They are NOT the only choices.  Literally staying home and eating cheetos is better than subjecting this country to them.  
Libertarian crazy person or Hippy Fantasy Party nominee aren’t going to pull it out this time. 

I know that's what you believe. But you are wrong. I was a highly informed non-voter by choice for many years. That stopped when Trump won the nomination. Because, for many reasons, he's by far the worst possible scenario for a President.

I know you disagree. And somehow think Biden is worse. 

People actually say "how can you support someone if they can't win???"  Americans have been so beaten down that they forgot the point of voting.  

I know that's what you believe. But you are wrong. I was a highly informed non-voter by choice for many years. That stopped when Trump won the nomination. Because, for many reasons, he's by far the worst possible scenario for a President.

I know you disagree. And somehow think Biden is worse. 
So vote for the racist Iraq War Anita Hill guy that sold generations of our children off to banks?  Ok 

People actually say "how can you support someone if they can't win???"  Americans have been so beaten down that they forgot the point of voting.  
This isn’t some philosophical exercise. Do you want 4 more years of this mess. Picking judges?  It’s a yes or no. 

Good god.  The full clip makes it look even worse.

@tomselliott

“Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community"

Here’s a longer version if you think there might be context that makes the comment more normal (spoiler: there isn’t)
It is more like an observation ...more than it's a racist comment
It is the absolute truth...no matter what it sounds like.

If he was talking specifically about politics...he is 100% correct.
Latinos split their vote about 60/40.
Blacks vote NINETY PERCENT (90%) the same way!!!
No diversity at all!!

Like I said, if he's talking about politics...he's on the money.

Who should we vote for? Incompetent racist #1 or Incompetent racist #2?
The sole reason Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee is because he overwhelmingly dominated the field with black voters. It's interesting that you are saying he is a racist. 

• Thanks
TheMagus said:
The sole reason Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee is because he overwhelmingly dominated the field with black voters. It's interesting that you are saying he is a racist. 
The party chose him.  That’s why he’s the nominee.  If they hadn’t done that- if he hadn’t had help from Obama, Clyburn, huge corporate donors & lobbyists, networks running interference for him, a 24/7 smear campaign against Sanders, and tons of Democratic operatives selling him as The One that can Beat Trump- he wouldn’t be the nominee.  

It’s also Sanders’ fault for running an extremely soft campaign and not laying a glove on Joe Biden, but that’s a story for a different thread.  

The party chose him.  That’s why he’s the nominee.  If they hadn’t done that- if he hadn’t had help from Obama, Clyburn, huge corporate donors & lobbyists, networks running interference for him, a 24/7 smear campaign against Sanders, and tons of Democratic operatives selling him as The One that can Beat Trump- he wouldn’t be the nominee.  

It’s also Sanders’ fault for running an extremely soft campaign and not laying a glove on Joe Biden, but that’s a story for a different thread.  
Even if this were all 100% accurate, this sounds like some masterful coordination on Joe's part. He convinced this giant apparatus to work in order to accomplish a goal. Sounds like the skills that would be useful in being President.

• Smile

Hard to fight against the DNC and their rigged system.  The GOP Presidential primary system and delegates is far more of a democracy.

Even if this were all 100% accurate, this sounds like some masterful coordination on Joe's part. He convinced this giant apparatus to work in order to accomplish a goal. Sounds like the skills that would be useful in being President.
Yeah, it’s really neat man 😂 

I believe you were saying something about being naive?  

He had just finished up his 1.2 mile swim. Guy is probably finishing up the running portion of his Tri training right about now. 
Is it true he has a 6-pack? I have thoughts of him challenging Trump to pushups on the debate stage, while shirtless.

Users who are viewing this thread