What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oscars 2019 thread (3 Viewers)

A Star is Born was much better then bohemian rhapsody and green book.
Just watched that last night finally and Gaga just blew my family away in that movie. Her voice is just off the hook. 
I knew she could sing.  Didn't know she could act so well.  I'm not sure if it was great acting, or if I was just easily impressed because I figured going in I'd just be watching Lady Gaga instead of her character, but I was impressed either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or has the quality of cinema dropped off the past 5-10 years?  Seems like cable/netflix series have outshined anything I've seen in a theater lately.  
Completely different format.  Hard to compare a series that has hours and hours to develop and tell a story vs a 2 hour movie.  

@Ilov80s- fitting that won for best editing.  Wasn't that your complaint about the film? 
Yeah what a joke. Also for sound editing? It’s just because everyone liked the Queen songs. Just look at how awful this scene is edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzaRD9eWyk

Also funny how nobody winning has mentioned the director Bryan Singer (he got fired from the movie and has been taking advantage of teenage boys for over a decade).

Or tough to not tell him to gfh.
Why aren’t they? It’s not like he was on any kind of good terms with the studio or crew. Apparently he was an ### when making the movie, came in late all the time, argued with everyone and then just stopped showing up at all. The studio had to replace him and have someone else finish the movie. I think the studio ended their contract with Singer’s production as well. 

Not a big movie guy nor do I usually watch the Oscars. Tuned in a bit ago. I just looked because I was curious and I've only seen 4 of the best picture winners since 2000. Of the ones nominated this year I've only seen Black Panther.

Huh. I distinctly remember liking Black Panther but commenting I didn't care for the score. That there was something off about it. And then it gets an Oscar. Funny.

Roma odds did drop from -450 to -150 today but i think that's just sports book fodder to get action. Malek (gotta do the EEEOOO), Close, Cuaron, Roma. Let's wrap it up.

Users who are viewing this thread