What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would a conspiracy theory like the JFK assassination change in current times (this thread has shifted back and to the left) (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
Do you think more or less conversation would happen?  Would all the information / disinformation make it larger or would truth spread more easily.  How many zapruder films would there be with cell phone cameras?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think on a large scale, the truth would be tougher to hide in large outdoor venue type events like that due to the overwhelming presence of phones, and a large community of conspiracy theorists who would go to these events with the sole purpose of dragging as many cameras in as they can to document everything possible.

I think it would be easy to help differentiate the lunatics in our society from the rationale ones.

Same as the following have done so: Sandy Hook conspiracy, 9/11 conspiracy, claims of “crisis actors” being planted at active shooter scenes. 

However, all it takes is a look at the popularity of Making A Murderer to understand how much people want to believe something.  

I will always think the who did this of the story is far less important than the why.
I’m actually watching JFK and the idea for this was Donald Sutherland’s speech when he said the “why” is the important question. During that scene he mentioned phones went out for an hour to control the story if something went wrong. I just thought that was an interesting concept of something that maybe could happen 50 years ago, but how different that aspect would be now. 

I think it would be easy to help differentiate the lunatics in our society from the rationale ones.

Same as the following have done so: Sandy Hook conspiracy, 9/11 conspiracy, claims of “crisis actors” being planted at active shooter scenes. 

However, all it takes is a look at the popularity of Making A Murderer to understand how much people want to believe something.  
The one thing that always got me is how the bullet they showed that killed him was intact.  I know this much, it wasn't the bullet that killed him.

Do you think more or less conversation would happen?  Would all the information / disinformation make it larger or would truth spread more easily.  How many zapruder films would there be with cell phone cameras?
Well a presidential candidate spread a JFK assassination claim himself during the election and he got elected, so thereyago.

I will always think the who did this of the story is far less important than the why.
Whenever i see sumn like this, i always post the same story. In 1976, i had an ABC press credential (long story oft told) and was already friends with Jimmy Carter & his people from covering him for my radio station earlyearlyearly in NH, so i joined his press train each time he was east of the Hudson. There were reporters from all the major news orgs, Pulitzer winners, McLaughlin Report guys etc etc and, startlingly, most of them thought that JFK's assassination was a coup, the work of LBJ and Texas MIC guys.

There were reporters from all the major news orgs, Pulitzer winners, McLaughlin Report guys etc etc and, startlingly, most of them thought that JFK's assassination was a coup, the work of LBJ and Texas MIC guys.
Lots of people have thought this over the years. JFK is a mystery likely never resolved.

Whenever i see sumn like this, i always post the same story. In 1976, i had an ABC press credential (long story oft told) and was already friends with Jimmy Carter & his people from covering him for my radio station earlyearlyearly in NH, so i joined his press train each time he was east of the Hudson. There were reporters from all the major news orgs, Pulitzer winners, McLaughlin Report guys etc etc and, startlingly, most of them thought that JFK's assassination was a coup, the work of LBJ and Texas MIC guys.
Did you form your own opinion and conclusion?  From what you heard.

Did you form your own opinion and conclusion?
Ain't really a conspiracy guy, but these reporters were fifth-a-day, fourth-estate heavy hitters from the time when Woodward & Bernsteins were looked at as wildhair punks and a single mistake could kill any career, so i've always just kinda believed em

Users who are viewing this thread