Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eephus

***Official Rob Manfred Wisdom Thread

9 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Montas 80 games for PEDs. I thought it was interesting he made a point of calling out it was a tainted supplement purchased in the USA, often in these cases it's assumed/presented as unknowingly taking something in a developing country - I assume that's why he had that in there.

Canada has an air tight alibi

That sucks. Montas was one of the best waiver wire adds this year. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eoMMan said:

This is going to kill me.

33 minutes ago, shuke said:
17 hours ago, eoMMan said:

This is going to kill me.

80 games will run through the final weeks of the season so he's unlikely to pitch again this year. 

It'll be interesting to see where Montas is ranked/drafted next year on the basis of 90 solid IP.

Speaking of great waiver wire adds this season (so far), who would say has been the best hitter picked up?

Maybe Austin Riley?

47 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Speaking of great waiver wire adds this season (so far), who would say has been the best hitter picked up?

Maybe Austin Riley?

Maybe also Yordan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Maybe Austin Riley?

Tommy LaStella has been very good.

Edited by Encyclopedia Brown
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Tommy LaStella has been very good.

Vogelbach...I don’t think he was drafted in all leagues

2 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

it only took three years, but @Eephus's prediction came true

3 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I still remember how mad I was when @shady inc sniped him from me in the Pie draft, and then how happy I was when he dropped him on April 1st. :thumbup:

Too bad the rest of my team sucks. :bag:

The way I draft my teams they're usually at a deficit with sb and sp.  So for me the most valuable pickup's are usually speed guys and starting arms.  So Vogelbach may be the most valuable waiver pickup, but he actually wouldn't help my teams much - as long as I drafted well anyway.  Dyson has probably been my most valuable pickup.  Didn't get him in every leeg though.  So I'm still trying to chase sb's.  Mainly with Laureano and Mercado, both of which I think prove to be more valuable than Dyson.  The most valuable arms had I gotten to them would have been Giolito and Odorizzi.  They were on my radar, just wasn't fast enough to them.  I didn't so mine are Soroka, Eflin, and Woodruff.  Never really gave much thought to Minor and Boyd, but they've been good too.

Wife had her company outing at the Phils this year.

I need to take my daughter (13) to more games.  Now that she plays high competitive softball she really understands the game for the most part.  She was calling out stuff, cheering, telling me the OF took a bad angle :lol:

Before the game they announce Jim Joyce is umping. She says "oh no, he is horrible". I'm like :mellow: how do you know that?  She is saying YOUTUBE!!@#  :lmao:   Anyway, it was just a real fun time now that she actually watches teh game.  My favorite part is I showed her a long time ago stuff my team used to do in the dugout.   One of our schtick was 2 - 2 -2 count. We would take our hats and "beg for a hit".  WHole team would do it.  Now she wants to do it with me and if the batter gets a hit she's all excited.  :hifive:

• Like 3

Hearing from a reliable source, that Tim Anderson’s injury is much worse than they are leading on 

Torn Achilles is two places, out for year at the least 

Edited by Wrigley

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Wrigley said:

Hearing from a reliable source, that Tim Anderson’s injury is much worse than they are leading on 

Torn Achilles is two places, out for year at the least 

Not even sure if that is possible.  Once it tears you have no tension for it tear again.  Unless it was cut by something (spiked?).  I didn't see the injury so I have no idea what happened other than he rolled his ankle (high ankle sprain is what was reported).  Typically a roll of the ankle doesn't put the stress on the Achilles needed to tear it.  Now he may have torn multiple ligaments in his ankle but would be surprised if the Achilles was involved. 

5 hours ago, Gally said:

Not even sure if that is possible.  Once it tears you have no tension for it tear again.  Unless it was cut by something (spiked?).  I didn't see the injury so I have no idea what happened other than he rolled his ankle (high ankle sprain is what was reported).  Typically a roll of the ankle doesn't put the stress on the Achilles needed to tear it.  Now he may have torn multiple ligaments in his ankle but would be surprised if the Achilles was involved. 

Hey, I'm just Wrigley.....not Dr Wrigley.  

All I'm trying to convey, is the front office/coaching staff do not expect him back this year.   The injury is much  worse than reported

Angels/Rangers game cancelled as a result of Tyler Skaggs dying this morning. 27 years old. 🙁

7 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

No foul play or suicide suspected. Terrible in any case :(

Crazy. How does that happen. 

Interested to see how the deadline pans out since there won't be any waiver trades this season. Assuming more teams will be very aggressive :popcorn: 

• Thinking 1

Coors is amazing. Reds become the first team in modern era to hit 5 triples and 3 homers in the same game. 

The game ended after 3am and they play a day game today. 

23 hours ago, cheese said:

Coors is amazing. Reds become the first team in modern era to hit 5 triples and 3 homers in the same game. 

The game ended after 3am and they play a day game today. 

And in typical 2019 fashion, they outscore the Rocks by 6 runs over the weekend and lose the series 2-1.

Two.words.robot.umps.

13 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Jordy Mercer is still playing?!

The Mariners released Jon Niese and Tyler Cloyd today.  I now know an antonym for "organizational depth".

16 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Jordy Mercer is still playing?!

I mean the same team is trotting Trevor Rosenthal out there

Strike zone in the Ray/Yanks game is awful today.   Aaron Boone just got run, for complaining.  He got in the umps face and told him, "####### get better".   

Boone got his monies worth.

34 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

Will Myers benched for the 10th straight game, WTF happened :confused: 

Manny Margot has a 1287 OPS in July :lol:

55 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

My guys are ####### savages

But can they change a flat tire?

Troy Tulowitzki announced his retirement today.  He leaves the game with 44.2 rWAR (1.4 more than Rabbit Maranville).  He was a great player when healthy, which unfortunately wasn't very often.  He ended up with only 3 seasons (out of 13) with more than 600 PAs and 7 seasons with more than 500 PAs.

Tulo's B-R comps list is unusual with five MIs, four Cs and Carlos Gonzalez.  The similarity scores are quite low as well.

1. Javy Lopez (868.0)
  2. Elston Howard (851.9)
  3. Carlos Guillen (848.4)
  4. Dan Uggla (843.6)
  5. J.J. Hardy (843.2)
  6. Rich Aurilia (842.9)
  7. Carlos Gonzalez (838.4)
  8. Asdrubal Cabrera (836.7)
  9. Roy Campanella (831.5) *
  10. Mike Stanley (831.0)
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

whoa

In his defense, she wouldn't shut up.

Going to see kershaw in person today.

thinking about hall of famers I’ve seen live.

trout

pujols

schmidt

maybe machado

maybe harper

rick schu...

I guess the Mets are going for it?

Trading prospects to Jays for Stroman and....

@Ken_Rosenthal: In talks with at least one team on Syndergaard, #Mets only were seeking major-league talent that could help right away, sources tell The Athletic. Team is currently six games out in NL wild card race, trailing five teams.

Bizarre all around. The Mets being buyers. The Blue Jays selling for probable junk (Mets have a bad farm system). The Yankees not trying to up the offer. 

@Ken_Rosenthal: #BlueJays getting Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson for Stroman, sources tell The Athletic.