What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

18 dems are running for President now according to CNN (1 Viewer)

If he were to get the nom that meant he built on this momentum and beat out a huge field. Those voters you talk about were probably not voting for any Dem and would be more than cancelled out by him picking up past non-voters IMO.

Kansas just elected a lesbian MMA fighter to Congress.

This seems correct to me, though I've not seen any polling on it. But people who aren't going to vote for Mayor Pete because he's gay almost certainly were going to vote for Trump anyway.

This seems correct to me, though I've not seen any polling on it. But people who aren't going to vote for Mayor Pete because he's gay almost certainly were going to vote for Trump anyway.
Or would some of them have stayed home because Trump offends their values but now come out because a gay president does so on a larger scale?

The thing is those youth votes are likely to happen anyway. As are the urban votes. Bernie beats Pete with the youth vote for example and he does well with the African American vote. Which may be a problem for Pete given the whole police chief fiasco.
Young voters did not vote for Hillary. I think they are the most fickle group. If you give them a candidate like Obama or Mayor Pete they come out to vote. Give them Hillary or Biden not so much.

Young voters did not vote for Hillary. I think they are the most fickle group. If you give them a candidate like Obama or Mayor Pete they come out to vote. Give them Hillary or Biden not so much.
There HAS to be a celebrity factor or it ain't happening with the younger generation.  Obama did a great job building a fun celebrity type persona combined with a strong social media usage.  

Clinton played sax on Arsenio's show.  You MUST have the celebrity factor present to interest the young voters--at least the majority of them. 

She got 55% of the youth vote winning that vote in 20 states. It gave her a couple of states and kept her close in the ones Trump won with a slim margin.

They’ll vote for whoever comes up with the best cat meme.

She got 55% of the youth vote winning that vote in 20 states. It gave her a couple of states and kept her close in the ones Trump won with a slim margin.
Obama got something over 60% in that category IIRC. Pretty sure I remember this and Hillary's lack of enthusiasm across all groups being a factor.

Obama got something over 60% in that category IIRC. Pretty sure I remember this and Hillary's lack of enthusiasm across all groups being a factor.
Yeah he got 66 and 67%. In fact the youth vote beat Mitt Romney in 4 states or else no second term. 

Yeah, percentages don't tell you a ton about the youth vote. Turnout is really what's key.

Yeah he got 66 and 67%. In fact the youth vote beat Mitt Romney in 4 states or else no second term. 
This seems like it would be Pete's spot, exciting young voters. I don't think he'll get the nom but it's impressive how far he has come so fast.

This seems like it would be Pete's spot, exciting young voters. I don't think he'll get the nom but it's impressive how far he has come so fast.
We'll see. All the young voters I know are looking for a fighter not a uniter. And they are looking for specific policies. 

We'll see. All the young voters I know are looking for a fighter not a uniter. And they are looking for specific policies. 
All the young voters I know spend their time voting for the next American Idol.  Glad to see someone knows a few that actually care about something other than TV or social media.   I know zero that do.   

Yup all kinds of time. This is like the 1st week of Training Camp stuff :lol:

Warren checks the boxes you brought up. She releases new policies every week it seems like and fires at Trump constantly.

Pete came across really well with the Pence stuff I thought. He's heading off this premise that Trump / Republicans somehow own religious values.

Yup all kinds of time. This is like the 1st week of Training Camp stuff :lol:

Warren checks the boxes you brought up. She releases new policies every week it seems like and fires at Trump constantly.

Pete came across really well with the Pence stuff I thought. He's heading off this premise that Trump / Republicans somehow own religious values.
Yeah I'm not really a huge Warren fan but she's been growing on me. And I do like Pete making space for religous progressives. 

All the young voters I know spend their time voting for the next American Idol.  Glad to see someone knows a few that actually care about something other than TV or social media.   I know zero that do.   
One even bought me a copy of Bernie's first book because they really liked it and wanted to share it.

Users who are viewing this thread