What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FFA debut on the Beatles Channel on SiriusXM. NOW WITH (edited) AUDIO LINKS! (2 Viewers)

All 4 were awesome and you tied it all together beautifully at the end. "Beatle Fan Krista" about to trend on Twitter.

In addition to Pete and wikkid...

Song three had:  Shaft, Doormat, Constant Sorrow, and littlecoat.

And of course there was thread shtick:

Penny Lane

Ringo showcase (x2)

Look out

People who read my posts

I also take credit for Ilov as a username shoutout.

Did this about six weeks ago so might have forgotten some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting! Listening now with other folks. They're complimenting your voice and delivery. Nice work, k4. Love that Rain and In My Life made it!

🎶 It's a Ringo showcase 🎶

Actually wonderful, krista. I, of course, had hoped you would prove to be polymorphously perverse because, well, my wish is that everybody be polymorphously perverse. Fine script, enthusiastically offered, but the best part was to hear a voice always about to laugh, about to gush, about to betray an extraordinary amount of care, about to purr. Polymorphously perverse, with just a touch of nerd. Great stuff -

Thanks for posting! Listening now with other folks. They're complimenting your voice and delivery. Nice work, k4. Love that Rain and In My Life made it!

🎶 It's a Ringo showcase 🎶
O-o-o-o-other f-f-f-folks?  That's nice of them, though.  Thank you!

Actually wonderful, krista. I, of course, had hoped you would prove to be polymorphously perverse because, well, my wish is that everybody be polymorphously perverse. Fine script, enthusiastically offered, but the best part was to hear a voice always about to laugh, about to gush, about to betray an extraordinary amount amount of care, about to purr. Polymorphously perverse, with just a touch of nerd. Great stuff -
Unsurprisingly, this is beautifully put.  I'm on verge of gushing and purring about it.  Thank you for this.

I have only listened to the 1st intro and song, but this is what I caught:

This is Beatle-fan Christo from Seattle, Washington and these are my Fab Four on Sirius/XM; the Beatles Channel.

The first song I’m going to play is Penny Lane, which is a little piece of Paul perfection.

Recently, I decided to post my ranking of the two hundred and four Beatles’ songs, in the order of how much I love them – which sounds insane…right; because it is.

But you know? In the midst of all this thinking, and writing, and revising, and re-thinking, and realizing how silly it was to try to rank the best music ever produced – I found that I had this amazingly warm and wonderful community of people to talk Beatles with.

And, that got me thinking of all the other warm and wonderful communities of Beatles’ fans that exist; some of them here on the Beatles Channel and elsewhere all around the world. Which brings me to Penny Lane, which I’ve chosen as my first song, because it’s a song about these people and places that never stop shaping and forming us.

It’s a reminder to me, of how lucky we are, when we’re part of a community – whether it’s online; through a radio station or anywhere else in the world.
Absolutely beautiful, K - truly...not only the voice (and as wikkid noted - the near laugh, etc 👍), but also the sentiment.

Thanks.

The alliteration was excellent. Not too much - just the right amount.

You're "at ease-ness", carried over to me. I am relaxed...and happy. 🙂

Good song selection.

I can't wait to hear the next one.

Thnx much @Nipsey

Thank you!!!  I’d hoped to save you the trouble.

I’m getting an error when I click, that it’s been removed.
That is crazy. I listed it as unlisted so only those with the link could view it  i guess they have a process to watch it anyway. Sorry

Very well done krista.  Enjoyed all the insider references, in particular "Ringo Showcase!!"   Haha.  

Mrs APK and I listened together and we didn't disagree or argue.  It was such a change from some of the discussions we had about songs that were ranked earlier.   You've brought us back together again after almost causing our divorce!  Thx!

In seriousness, so cool to hear you!

Sorry, try it again.  I had changed the permissions hoping it would not be public, but I switched them back to public.  @Galileo
Excellent!!!  

I think Nipsey made the comment earlier about the NPR comparison.  I couldn't help but think I was listening to Ana Gasteyer/Molly Shannon doing the Delicious Dish skit on SNL...not the content, but that soothing, smooth voice style

You decide to lead off with Penny Freaking Lane!?!    You are definitely full of surprises Ms K.  What a great selection of songs and wonderful segment.  You certainly do have a great voice and knocked this out of the park.  Congrats on another job well done.  

Ringo Showcase indeed   

OK, I finally kicked all the stragglers outta me house, and finished up my listen, K.

I did it all the way through, and this is my hear'n:

My Fab Four - Sirius/XM; The Beatles Channel

Beatle Fan Krista

04/30/19

<Krista>

This is Beatle-fan Krista from Seattle, Washington, and these are My Fab Four on Sirius/XM; The Beatles Channel.

The first song I’m going to play is Penny Lane, which is a little piece of Paul perfection.

Recently, I decided to post my ranking of the two hundred and four Beatles’ songs, in the order of how much I love them – which sounds insane…right; because it is.

But you know? In the midst of all this thinking, and writing, and revising, and re-thinking, and realizing how silly it was to try to rank the best music ever produced – I found that I had this amazingly warm and wonderful community of people to talk Beatles with.

And, that got me thinking of all the other warm and wonderful communities of Beatles fans that exist; some of them here on The Beatles Channel and elsewhere all around the world; which brings me to Penny Lane, which I’ve chosen as my first song, because it’s a song about these people and places that never stop shaping and forming us.

It’s a reminder to me, of how lucky we are, when we’re part of a community – whether it’s online; through a radio station or anywhere else in the world.

<Penny Lane>

Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs

Of every head he's had the pleasure to know

And all the people that come and go

Stop and say "Hello"

On the corner is a banker with a motorcar,

And little children laugh at him behind his back

And the banker never wears a mac

In the pouring rain, very strange

Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes

There beneath the blue suburban skies

I sit, and meanwhile back

In Penny Lane there is a fireman with an hourglass,

And in his pocket is a portrait of the Queen

He likes to keep his fire engine clean,

It's a clean machine

A four of fish and finger pies

In summer. Meanwhile back

Behind the shelter in the middle of the roundabout

The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray

And though she feels as if she's in a play,

She is anyway

In Penny Lane the barber shaves another customer,

We see the banker sitting waiting for a trim,

And then the fireman rushes in

From the pouring rain - very strange

I sit, and meanwhile back

Penny Lane!

<Krista>

That was Penny Lane; an endearing Paul reminiscence of growing up in Liverpool.

This is Krista from Seattle, Washington, and today, I am playing My Fab Four on Sirius/XM; the Beatles Channel.

The second song in my Fab Four is Rain. A lot of people ask me who my favorite Beatle is…and, for Pete’s sake; it’s like asking a mother who her favorite child is. It’s crazy. They’re all my favorites.

But, if you ask me which Beatle I wish were more fully appreciated, then that would be Ringo. Maybe it’s the fact that he always seems to be having such wikkid fun. Or, maybe it’s that his humble graciousness makes him seem so approachable; so much like one of us. That cool heavy feel brain(?).

There was a lot to Paul’s incredible bass line, as well as some of the innovative recording techniques that the Beatles were always coming up with. But, I select this song primarily to highlight Ringo’s mastery, which is on full display here.

Even Ringo, himself, was impressed with his performance here; saying it, “blew him away”. And who am I to disagree with my favorite drummer of all-time?

Lookout…

It’s a Ringo showcase; here on The Beatles Channel.

<Rain>

If the rain comes they run and hide their heads

They might as well be dead

If the rain comes, if the rain comes

When the sun shines they slip into the shade

(when the sun shines down)

And sip their lemonade

(when the sun shines down)

When the sun shines, when the sun shines

Rain, I don't mind

Shine, the weather's fine

I can show you that when it starts to rain

(when the rain comes down)

Everything's the same

(when the rain comes down)

I can show you, I can show you

Rain, I don't mind

Shine, the weather's fine

Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines

(when it rains and shines)

It's just a state of mind?

(when it rains and shines)

Can you hear me, can you hear me?

Sdaeh rieht edih dna nur yeht semoc niar eht fI

(rain)

(rain)

<Krista>

That was Rain; what I like to call a Ringo showcase.

I’m Krista from Seattle, Washington, and you’re listening to My Fab Four on The Beatles; on Sirius/XM.

My next song is For No One. I chose this song because; while Paul is fabulous at turning out fictitious worlds that fascinate us, he can also perfectly capture genuine emotions - from real life situations - such as the end of a failed relationship. Paul pulls us even more personally into this story by singing in the second person, as if he is narrating our experience.

The stunning French horn solo might paint a littlecoat of hopefulness for a moment, but when it reappears over the vocal in the last verse, it’s as if one last memory of his great love appears and then fades away. Seemingly sad, but the reason I view this optimistically instead, is that it’s an amazing encapsulation of a part of life that’s both real and universal. It’s a song that allows us to say, sure this is hard - (* track was cut and spliced here*) - but it’s a part of life we’ve all been strong enough to conquer; even Paul McCartney himself.

<For No One>

Your day breaks, your mind aches

You find that all the words of kindness linger on

When she no longer needs you

She wakes up, she makes up

She takes her time and doesn't feel she has to hurry

She no longer needs you

And in her eyes you see nothing

No sign of love behind her tears

Cried for no one

A love that should have lasted years

You want her, you need her

And yet you don't believe her when she says her love is dead

You think she needs you

Cried for no one

You stay home, she goes out

She says that long ago she knew someone but now he's gone

She doesn't need him

Your day breaks, your mind aches

There will be times when all the things she said will fill your head

You won't forget her

Cried for no one

<Krista>

I’m Krista; from Seattle, Washington, and I’ve been playing My Fab Four today on Sirius/XM’s Beatles Channel. This has been a blast! And, I thank you for listening.

My last song is In My Life. And what John called a remembrance of friends and lovers of the past, forms a fitting bookend to Paul’s reminiscences and Penny Lane, the first selection of My Fab Four.

I mentioned at the beginning my possibly – ah, ok…definitively insane - attempt to rank two hundred and four Beatles songs in order of my love for them. The people who read my posts during that time, began - I suppose inevitably - to guess what my top 10 might be; or which one would end up being my number one.

As a result – as a group – we decided to hold contests, with the winners being honored by donations to charitable organizations of their choosing. Finally, I revealed In My Life as my number one favorite Beatles song. And so, my silly idea ended up resulting in funds being donated for things such as: fighting cancer; helping under-privileged children; and even in support of The George Harrison Foundation.

This song was initially my number one because of its unquestionable perfection; a song that I’ve listened to thousands of times, trying to find a single sound I would add or subtract; a tempo or meter change I would make; even a single pause I’d extend or contract.

I find it flawless every time, but now, I love this song even more because I associate it with those charitable donations; a reflection of all the good works that continue to be accomplished just because of all the inspiration that the Beatles provided to us and continue to provide to us to this day.

<In My Life>

There are places I'll remember

All my life though some have changed

Some forever not for better

Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments

With lovers and friends I still can recall

Some are dead and some are living

In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers

There is no one compares with you

And these memories lose their meaning

When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection

For people and things that went before

I know I'll often stop and think about them

In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection

For people and things that went before

I know I'll often stop and think about them

WOW!

Honestly, that was professional - flawless even - except for the crappy cut n' paste that those Sirius sots did ta ya. ☹️

However, we know it was there.  🙂

I can even imagine the story that was cut...everything leads to it.

It was great shtick, but - more importantly, it was truly great overall.

I am so glad that I was a small part of this, K.

Thnx! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread