What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG Spring Survivor League Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

QB: Watson 5.03 - Just as in PDSL, I got an elite option at a reasonable price which gives me the flexibility to wait on value, take a stab on a young guy, or even fly solo if need be. Flipped a coin between him and A-Rod but came down on the side of the known coaching staff. Nine more QBs went before my next pick so it's safe to say I pulled the trigger at the right time here.

RB: Zeke 1.03 - IMO it's easier to strike gold in the later rounds at RB than any other position, so I have no issue with riding with one stud and a few dart-throws in hopes Zeke can carry the position for a few weeks until injuries / coaching impatience kick in.

WR: Hilton 2.14, Allen 3.03, Godwin 4.14 - Two elite #1s on high-powered offenses and a young, talented #2 on a Bruce Arians offense. Even though there's no uber-stud in the group I'll put this top 3 up against anyone's.

TE: McDonald 6.14, Walker 7.03 - Same duo as in PDSL. Like the combination of the safe floor play (assuming Walker doesn't face any injury complications) and McDonald's upside potential in an offense that lost its two biggest playmakers.

In one sense I've painted myself into a corner a little bit here needing to hit on a late-round RB or two to stay in the mix ... on the other hand my TEs are a solid pair and my QB/WRs will put up points aplenty, so if I do manage to hit bingo my team should be in the driver's seat ... guess we'll see how it plays out from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i needed a tight end at my first pick this turn....settled on trey burton....end of a tier for me....was hoping like hell that robby anderson would slide....but nope.....

So i settled for rivers as my qb2 with Carson wentz in tow already.....
Ditto, had Fuller, Pettis and Lamar Miller at the top of my list with only four picks before mine. All gone, so I went ahead and drafted Newton as my second QB.

I tried like heck not to take Lamar Miller.  He was BPA for about a round a half.  His numbers were improved last year, he catches the ball, and Houston didn't draft a threat to him.

I tried like heck not to take Lamar Miller.  He was BPA for about a round a half.  His numbers were improved last year, he catches the ball, and Houston didn't draft a threat to him.
Yeah, I don't know what it is really but I've never drafted him. Not a bad player when healthy.

TE: McDonald 6.14, Walker 7.03 - Same duo as in PDSL. Like the combination of the safe floor play (assuming Walker doesn't face any injury complications) and McDonald's upside potential in an offense that lost its two biggest playmakers.
Almost took both instead of Herndon. But the only reason Herndon is still available is the pending suspension. Hopefully it's just the first 4 games which shouldn't kill the team if others hit. Then he returns at a pretty good value. 

Was really tempted to take Delanie, probably would have if he dropped this round.

With Herndon on board, my starting lineup is complete

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Kupp, Cooper LAR WR

Pettis, Dante SFO WR

Herndon, Chris NYJ TE

Decent blend of upside with guys I consider safe bets to produce.  

I may live or die with Baker.

He was my third choice and the last available, so I would have taken him as my third RB.

there are a lot of reasons Miller “always seems to be available”.....one of them will be on my roster in a few more rounds....

Metcalf going later than he did in PDSL (and one of the WSLs) after landing in almost the best situation imaginable is ... odd.

Metcalf going later than he did in PDSL (and one of the WSLs) after landing in almost the best situation imaginable is ... odd.
Metcalf falling in the NFL draft likely caused some of us to rethink his talent. 

Perhaps a little too much, but he seems overestimated before.

Implementing a new strategy never really seen befor in these.....I’m going to only draft guys with week 7 or 12 byeweeks....this should be fun

Metcalf falling in the NFL draft likely caused some of us to rethink his talent. 

Perhaps a little too much, but he seems overestimated before.
FWIW, I thought the 8th round before we knew his landing spot was a little aggressive. But in the past ten years alone we’ve had 16 2nd-round WRs put up 500+ receiving yards as rookies (including some dude named Michael Thomas) so it’s certainly not a death knell for his chances.

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB

Prescott, Dak DAL QB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Hines, Nyheim IND RB

Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Kupp, Cooper LAR WR

Pettis, Dante SFO WR

Herndon, Chris NYJ TE

Decent blend of upside with guys I consider safe bets to produce.  

I may live or die with Baker.
Seems really odd to call Dak Prescott a safe veteran, but I figure he gives a solid floor with some good games, he and Cooper clicked last year. It will be interesting to see what they can do with an off season together. 

Added a little flash at RB with the 9th round pick. Hines was one of my preferred late picks last year and he didn't disappoint. He and Mack make a nice duo. 

Halfway there, so far I like the makeup of the team.

And the elephant in the room has been drafted - I thought hard about it a couple of rounds ago and "swore" to myself if Br1oncos did not take him, I would at the second part of my turn.  He did, I did not.  If it is a 2-4 game suspension, it is a game changer.  If he is out for the year, the draft capital at this point is really low.

I wanted Jordan reed as my TE2....good value/risk/reward right there....
Same. I thought he paired well with Herndon. Figure he could stay healthy the first month.

Instead I'll have to pair Herndon with Mark Andrews and hope his connection with Lamar continues.

@ryheaps why is your team called Ruff on the draft report?

Also do you want to explain your strategy of taking two TEs in the first four rounds especially when you went QB early?  

Assuming that was the nickname of whoever had the team last year.  I just changed 

Less strategy...more total screw up. Had the PDSL league rules in mind and thought we had a flex. Was trying something different with early QB and TE. I never go early QB, but I got sucked in with Mahomes sitting there in round 2. Second TE was fast, hasty decision when I was rushing to pick and realized my error after the fact. Major uphill battle now and hating this team. Like my PDSL team though. 

Assuming that was the nickname of whoever had the team last year.  I just changed 

Less strategy...more total screw up. Had the PDSL league rules in mind and thought we had a flex. Was trying something different with early QB and TE. I never go early QB, but I got sucked in with Mahomes sitting there in round 2. Second TE was fast, hasty decision when I was rushing to pick and realized my error after the fact. Major uphill battle now and hating this team. Like my PDSL team though. 
willing to trade for Mahomes if it will help you out of your hole....

And the elephant in the room has been drafted - I thought hard about it a couple of rounds ago and "swore" to myself if Br1oncos did not take him, I would at the second part of my turn.  He did, I did not.  If it is a 2-4 game suspension, it is a game changer.  If he is out for the year, the draft capital at this point is really low.
I wonder how much earlier Hill and Hunt would have gone if the SSLs were 20 rounds instead of 18? Personally if I knew I had another couple roster spots to burn I'd have started thinking about Hill in the 9th, and if not I'd likely have leaned Hunt over Breida at 11.03. But in these 18-man survivors It's really tough to compete when you're taking a zero for the year anywhere, though.

was hoping Dar Henderson would make it to next turn....wanted to take him last turn....
Same

Was not planning on taking two rookie receivers (kinda regret taking AJ Brown now) but Paris Campbell was too good a value to pass up and he fits well with my roster for bye weeks. He and his fellow Colt speedster (Hines) are my only week 6 byes. 

Same

Was not planning on taking two rookie receivers (kinda regret taking AJ Brown now) but Paris Campbell was too good a value to pass up and he fits well with my roster for bye weeks. He and his fellow Colt speedster (Hines) are my only week 6 byes. 
I was gonna take parris.....but i already had funchess and another wr that  shared week6 bye

Was debating between Agholor and Gabriel.  In hindsight I might flip that selection as Gabriel would be a good best ball pair with Allen Robinson.

Going to spice things up in here and tell you why you team sucks while watching the game tonight.

eta - Nevermind...just spent 10 minutes on Ryheaps team and lost everything.  Going to watch the game and drink a couple of beers instead.

Going to spice things up in here and tell you why you team sucks while watching the game tonight.

eta - Nevermind...just spent 10 minutes on Ryheaps team and lost everything.  Going to watch the game and drink a couple of beers instead.
Bummer was looking forward to the read....

Bummer was looking forward to the read....
I've been trying to talk you out of Mahommes in the first round, but after witnessing this abortion you should stick with Mahomie.  After seeing this, my IBL contract demands are going up.  

This could be the single worst QB duo in Survivor league history.  Nothing like backing up a rookie with a QB who was so bad as a rookie he was jettisoned from the team in less than a year.

McCaffrey and Williams make an outstanding 1-2 punch.  Unlike most, I don't think you overdraft Williams and offers some value where you took him.  Bench depth is well above average, but we don't get bench points in this league.    I wouldn't have a problem with the capital expenditure if you're other positions weren't so bleak.

WR...well you have 6 so that's good and likely the highpoint here.  Looks like three second fiddles will have to carry the load.  If you're going to draft a rookie WR you might want to take one who doesn't have the single worst passer in the league feeding him.  I see you're taking the broken clock approach with Parker.  He might actually post some numbers if you're QB2 doesn't win the job in Miami.  Wouldn't be surprised if Moncrief scores more weeks than anyone but Diggs.

And I thought your QBs might have made Survivor history, but two rookie TEs on lower tier teams might set futility history. 

You have numerous holes in the damn and only 3 picks left.  I hope you have something miraculous up your sleeve.

I've been trying to talk you out of Mahommes in the first round, but after witnessing this abortion you should stick with Mahomie.  After seeing this, my IBL contract demands are going up.  

This could be the single worst QB duo in Survivor league history.  Nothing like backing up a rookie with a QB who was so bad as a rookie he was jettisoned from the team in less than a year.

McCaffrey and Williams make an outstanding 1-2 punch.  Unlike most, I don't think you overdraft Williams and offers some value where you took him.  Bench depth is well above average, but we don't get bench points in this league.    I wouldn't have a problem with the capital expenditure if you're other positions weren't so bleak.

WR...well you have 6 so that's good and likely the highpoint here.  Looks like three second fiddles will have to carry the load.  If you're going to draft a rookie WR you might want to take one who doesn't have the single worst passer in the league feeding him.  I see you're taking the broken clock approach with Parker.  He might actually post some numbers if you're QB2 doesn't win the job in Miami.  Wouldn't be surprised if Moncrief scores more weeks than anyone but Diggs.

And I thought your QBs might have made Survivor history, but two rookie TEs on lower tier teams might set futility history. 

You have numerous holes in the damn and only 3 picks left.  I hope you have something miraculous up your sleeve.
Thata boy..... :banned:

eta:...but your forgot my bye week issues

Eh, we'll see. 

He gets an upgrade at QB for sure but he'll be lucky to be the 3rd wr on the team let alone in FF. 
hey OZ...do you really think Washington and his 16 catches last year have the WR2 position on lock down...?....

Dodds has Murray projected at QB13....so not great, but a starter....5 wide air raid and his running ability....I'm buyin in fake football..think he had Mahomes in the same spot last year.... ;)

RB...agreed I should be ok...

WR....I get what you are saying...my top 3 (Diggs/Landry/Williams) all finished in top 32 last year....two in top 19....if Diggs gives me the same (WR11) I'm happy, Landry could actually be better with a full year of Baker even tho OBJ is in town....Williams loses the other Williams and I am projecting him to push Allen for lead dog....he should continue to dominate red zone....yeah I slammed on Jackson in the M. Brown thread in Shark Pool so even surprised myself when I pulled the trigger....but in this best ball format I think he scores....wouldn't really touch him in a set your lineup league at this point, but I'm warming to the speed/play making and lack of competition at WR.....Jackson makes Tebow look like Marino, so yeah I get it....Parker had a great bye week and yeah he's prob better with Fitz...Moncrief could be a steal...

TE....I seriously think you could throw drafted TE's 4-32 in a hat and start drawing names to fill out the rankings....I think TJ and Fant have as good a chance as anybody to finish in top 15....hell Graham and McDonald finished like 10 and 11 last year ahead of Gronk, but did anybody even really notice....?...they were blips on the radar.....thats how bad it is....my two will ay least be playing a ton, and I really shouldn't lose too much ground to the field here outside the top 3....

I still got some magic bullets left... :banned:

Dodds has Murray projected at QB13....so not great, but a starter....5 wide air raid and his running ability....I'm buyin in fake football..think he had Mahomes in the same spot last year.... ;)

RB...agreed I should be ok...

WR....I get what you are saying...my top 3 (Diggs/Landry/Williams) all finished in top 32 last year....two in top 19....if Diggs gives me the same (WR11) I'm happy, Landry could actually be better with a full year of Baker even tho OBJ is in town....Williams loses the other Williams and I am projecting him to push Allen for lead dog....he should continue to dominate red zone....yeah I slammed on Jackson in the M. Brown thread in Shark Pool so even surprised myself when I pulled the trigger....but in this best ball format I think he scores....wouldn't really touch him in a set your lineup league at this point, but I'm warming to the speed/play making and lack of competition at WR.....Jackson makes Tebow look like Marino, so yeah I get it....Parker had a great bye week and yeah he's prob better with Fitz...Moncrief could be a steal...

TE....I seriously think you could throw drafted TE's 4-32 in a hat and start drawing names to fill out the rankings....I think TJ and Fant have as good a chance as anybody to finish in top 15....hell Graham and McDonald finished like 10 and 11 last year ahead of Gronk, but did anybody even really notice....?...they were blips on the radar.....thats how bad it is....my two will ay least be playing a ton, and I really shouldn't lose too much ground to the field here outside the top 3....

I still got some magic bullets left... :banned:
I hope I don't need to tell you this by now, but Dodds projections are weighted towards running QBs where this league favors passing QBs.  

"so not great, but a starter" I think I need to start handing out participation medals because you all are winner.

We are starting to get to the point where Cleveland will have to score 800 points to support all the guys getting bumps.

Nick Boyle played a lot of snaps at TE last year....ever hear of him?  How often do rookie TEs do anything of note?  I guess you could argue that it happens on occasion so draft a lot of them so you can hit that occasion.

I hope I don't need to tell you this by now, but Dodds projections are weighted towards running QBs where this league favors passing QBs.  

"so not great, but a starter" I think I need to start handing out participation medals because you all are winner.

We are starting to get to the point where Cleveland will have to score 800 points to support all the guys getting bumps.

Nick Boyle played a lot of snaps at TE last year....ever hear of him?  How often do rookie TEs do anything of note?  I guess you could argue that it happens on occasion so draft a lot of them so you can hit that occasion.
are you still drinking those beers from last night...?...look man, I know my team sucks...all my teams this year do....so get off me alright....I have pretty much taken the honey badger approach to change it up and have some fun....usually followed the traditional Survivor approach....stayed conservative and veteran chalk....

this draft went sideways at the 6-7 turn when I took Murray over a host of other much higher ranked QB's.....but I also didn't have a TE on board yet so I was hoping for some extra ROI that I thought Murray could provide more than the others...then TJ seemed like the play at TE for much of the same reason....I need that breakout... I also gambled that Flacco would make it back at the end of the 10th but misread that....so then it became a game of chicken with Sweet Love as he only had one QB and still does....Rosen should play hopefully, but I realize I may have missed that one too....whats weird tho is that if I hit at QB and TE or at least am a little above average....I think just like Baker and I woke up this morning....this team becomes dangerous.... :pickle:

I'm okay with that. :D

Don't love it, don't hate it:

i
Mayfield, Baker CLE QB       7
Prescott, Dak DAL QB     8

Solid I think with good upside. QB should be a strength if they stay healthy.

Henry, Derrick TEN RB       11
Hines, Nyheim IND RB       6
Johnson, Kerryon DET RB      5

This is going to be weak without depth but if they stay healthy could perform. 

Brown, A.J. TEN WR (R)    11
Campbell, Parris IND WR (R)        6
Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR   10
Kupp, Cooper LAR WR   9
Pettis, Dante SFO WR    4
Thomas, Demaryius NEP WR  10

I think this group is a strength, but probably should have taken a RB instead of Brown. (Would have been Hyde)

Andrews, Mark BAL TE      8
Herndon, Chris NYJ TE      4

Meh. 🤷‍♂️

Badgley, Mike LAC PK    12
Rosas, Aldrick NYG PK      11

A couple guys with jobs and late bye weeks. Decent, not spectacular.

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def       9
Lions, Detroit DET Def      5

a couple average defenses, nothing special. 

I'm gonna regret taking Brown over Hyde.  curse @drunken slob for taking Anderson.  That was my last target

@Stinkin Ref - Seriously?  You grabbed a third QB??  Thanks to @BassNBrew getting in your head, my plan to scoop the last QB has been dashed...well, time for me to do what great people do.  Think outside of the box.  And Bass, you are now on my crap list too (why is there no poop emoji?)...

you guys stepped up your draft vs the WSL.... I thought it flowed a lot better for me there, so kudos to you:

Carson Wentz (10)

Phil Rivers(9)

Melvin Gordon(12)

Kenyan Drake(5)

Ron Jones(7)

Jamal William(11)

Brandin Cooks(9)

Amari Cooper(8)

Robert Foster(6)

Devin Funchess(7)

Marquis Goodwin(4)

Trey Burton(6)

Jason Witten(8)

Matt Prater(5)

Ryan Succop(11)

Philly(10)

Carolina(7)

One pick to go....feel weak at TE, and after my WR2.....Drake will be on a lot of teams this year (AGAIN) sigh.....it might work out.....Ronald Jones was too much "maybe" to pass as RB3….hoping funchess clicks with Luck.....

@Stinkin Ref - Seriously?  You grabbed a third QB??  Thanks to @BassNBrew getting in your head, my plan to scoop the last QB has been dashed...well, time for me to do what great people do.  Think outside of the box. 
I thought for sure you were gonna go a different direction there then his backup. JMO of course, but I don't like that pick at all. If Luck goes down, you'll be lucky to get 60% of his numbers from Brissett - and unless it happens in the last couple weeks of the season, what are your odds of taking home a title with six-tenths of a QB? We all only have a ~6% chance of winning this thing out of the gate anyway ... no point in playing a hedging strategy IMO.

I'd have been happy to fly solo with Luck (especially since his bye is so early) and try to catch lightning in a bottle with my last pick. I keep flashing back to 2016 when I threw a dart at Blount in the 20th in PDSL and he finished RB3 or whatever ... every spot counts.

Users who are viewing this thread