What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Market under Trump (1 Viewer)

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon has put the blame on regulators themselves. He said in October that his firm had the cash and willingness to calm short-term funding markets but liquidity rules for banks held it back.

--Pains me to say, Jamie is correct here.  
Really good podcast on this topic 

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon has put the blame on regulators themselves. He said in October that his firm had the cash and willingness to calm short-term funding markets but liquidity rules for banks held it back.

--Pains me to say, Jamie is correct here.  
JD is a sharp dude. 

Absolutely absurd that time after time a President who lies as easy as breathing can manipulate the markets, and the markets respond. Yet another set of laws that must change after this horrific President is gone.
We will see what happens in 5 years but I don't think they will change the law to stop a President from tweeting.

Absolutely absurd that time after time a President who lies as easy as breathing can manipulate the markets, and the markets respond. Yet another set of laws that must change after this horrific President is gone.
Yet the Ds conveniently ignore this angle. Why? because they are all in on it as well and benefit every time he manipulates the markets. Anyone not tuned into his tweets and making trades instantly after the tweet is missing out.

If I'm at Tweeter HQ, I'm monitoring those tweets and making trades at my desk as soon as it hits the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet the Ds conveniently ignore this angle. Why? because they are all in on it as well and benefit every time he manipulates the markets. Anyone not tuned into his tweets and making trades instantly after the tweet is missing out.

If I'm at Tweeter HQ, I'm monitoring those tweets and making trades at my desk as soon as it hits the server.
I added some TVIX @ 60.50 this morning.    Sell trigger hit at $63.53 less than two hours later.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did it again. 

We have a deal in principle. 

Okay Donnie. It’s eventually crashing no matter how much you do this. 

The behavior really doesn't have much to do with the President as much as it does the algorithmic nature of the buying and selling these days.  Up to 60% of the trading is now electronic and done via computers sitting in the building next to the trading floor.

NREC34 said:
He did it again. 

We have a deal in principle. 

Okay Donnie. It’s eventually crashing no matter how much you do this. 
When? You’ve been trying to call it incorrectly for years? Of course it will crash eventually...then it will go back up. 

lod001 said:

Totally agree. How is nobody talking about this? I guess there’s just so much other stuff. 

CNBC and the Wall Street Journal both announced a trade deal with China has been reached , pending Trump’s approval. But Trump has just denied it a few minutes ago by tweet calling it fake news. 

Who knows? 

Maybe Trump bought some TVIX and has to have the market drop today. He can announce the trade deal tomorrow. 

No harm, no foul.

Maybe Trump bought some TVIX and has to have the market drop today. He can announce the trade deal tomorrow. 

No harm, no foul.
I was tempted to play TVIX again today.  Had a buy order in for $57 but cancelled since I have a meeting coming up and just can't risk having money in that and not be online and ready to move quick. 

Totally agree. How is nobody talking about this? I guess there’s just so much other stuff. 
Not sure who is running the Ds show but of all the attacks they've made on Trump, this seems like the best one and they are ignoring it. Either they are dumb or they are in on it. He's flat out manipulation the markets with tweets. Any sell off is met with 'China deal is close'.  Any big rally is met with. 'I'm not sure a deal is gonna get done soon'. 15 minutes of advanced warning on his tweets would make an average person a millionaire in no time.

Not sure who is running the Ds show but of all the attacks they've made on Trump, this seems like the best one and they are ignoring it. Either they are dumb or they are in on it. He's flat out manipulation the markets with tweets. Any sell off is met with 'China deal is close'.  Any big rally is met with. 'I'm not sure a deal is gonna get done soon'. 15 minutes of advanced warning on his tweets would make an average person a millionaire in no time.
How are they going to get hard evidence on this? With the current case, we have witnesses, phone calls etc, and it is still dismissed by Republicans. Imagine how much easier it would be to dismiss with what little data they could get re: finances? Heck, they can’t even get his tax returns—what makes you think they can get his trading habits?

How are they going to get hard evidence on this? With the current case, we have witnesses, phone calls etc, and it is still dismissed by Republicans. Imagine how much easier it would be to dismiss with what little data they could get re: finances? Heck, they can’t even get his tax returns—what makes you think they can get his trading habits?
Yeah, well that's the problem but since nothing has stuck so far. But why not just bring it up even if ya got no proof? They all make lots of claims, on both sides, with no proof just to try and get votes.

Yeah, well that's the problem but since nothing has stuck so far.
I’d say that at least something stuck, seeing as how the House is going to impeach the President next week. There is a lot of evidence (maybe not proof in your eyes) and we would have a lot of proof if the White House would cooperate. They’d be even more obstructionist if the House pursued financial stuff, plus there aren’t witnesses to provide evidence in that regard. So, ya, quite possibly a crime (it’s essentially insider trading) that will go unpunished. 

They have to figure out and link him to whoever he’s giving the info to (if he is). Don’t think even he’d be dumb enough for it to be someone close to him like say Kushner. Need some evidence somehow!

They have to figure out and link him to whoever he’s giving the info to (if he is). Don’t think even he’d be dumb enough for it to be someone close to him like say Kushner. Need some evidence somehow!
There is zero evidence. Only certainty from folks like me that think the least of Trump. This is a complete non-starter re: oversight. It’s not like there’s a shortage of other stuff to pin on him, anyway. 

Trump could have been remembered for being one of the better economic presidents if he stayed out of the way and stf up. The stock market is great for those invested in it but until wages meet expectations, it won’t be great for everyone. If businesses paid more to employees, with investment education, the stock market would boom. 

Dow hits record high

Stocks hit record highs on Monday and were on pace for its fourth straight gain as a so-called phase one trade deal between China and the U.S. clears the path higher for stocks to end a banner year.  
Good time to enjoy and be happy. I made the mistake once of sitting out what I thought was an overheated market. By the time I got my correction, the corrected levels were still way above where I should have initially been investing. I got left at the station and that’s what’s happened here. 

Good time to enjoy and be happy. I made the mistake once of sitting out what I thought was an overheated market. By the time I got my correction, the corrected levels were still way above where I should have initially been investing. I got left at the station and that’s what’s happened here. 
Ditto.  2013.  Got out with S&P at 1530.  Got back in at 1800.  Only part of my stash, but humbling.

Correction level now might be 2500, or even 2000.  Still solidly above 1500, and the market doesn't stay at crash levels for long.  I feel fair value is 2600 or 2700, but that would be in a more normal but still accomodative rate environment.  Might rebalance soon but that would be all.  Think we are looking at the middle of a melt-up, frankly.  3400 anyone?

To follow the logic put forth by some in this thread, it must be going up because it approves of impeachment....weird.  I mean, impeachment happened, it went up.  Case closed, right?   :hophead:  

Market is rising because they are convinced that he will win again in 2020. Ride it but get ready for a sell off sometime before the election, then after he wins, we start the run to S&P 4000.

Users who are viewing this thread