What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (1 Viewer)

Not tuning in. What happened?
A lot of fact checking to go through. I'm not aware of all the things these guys have talked about for decades and the context of what they said..

Bernie was going on and on about Biden talking about cutting SS while a Senator. Biden said he didn't. Went on for a god 3 or 4 minutes. Biden is implying it was a mischaracterization.

The next question the moderator got to ask pointed out Bernie had also used language he used that could be considered limiting or changing SS.

Will have to watch again later and get it all broken down. Will be one of the more discussed portions of this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be backlash against Bernie for attacking so harshly.  Biden is going to crush him Tuesday and Bernie should drop out.

Sanders just can't bring himself to hold his "friend's" feet to the fire- on his lies, on his record, on his doomed candidacy.  Always deferential, always gentle.  

He's just letting him skate on everything.  Aggravating to watch.  

There will be backlash against Bernie for attacking so harshly.  Biden is going to crush him Tuesday and Bernie should drop out.
I missed the very beginning but I feel like it's been pretty good honestly. This stuff about the cutting SS will need to be hashed out.

Biden needs to thank Bernie for being a progressive voice embrace his passion, etc that type of stuff but focus on Trump IMO.

Sanders just can't bring himself to hold his "friend's" feet to the fire- on his lies, on his record, on his doomed candidacy.  Always deferential, always gentle.  

He's just letting him skate on everything.  Aggravating to watch.  
Bernie's last stand needs to happen.

Might be too late, in many senses.

Did you watch the video?  Joe Biden is lying.  He just lied on national television.  He is on tape multiple times singling out SS/Medicare for cuts/freeze/adjustment.  

Click on the video I posted, go to the 1:43 mark, and then acknowledge Biden's lies.  
I will watch later this evening. Is this not what the politfact article broke down?

That's too bad.  Would have liked him to say he'll pick the most qualified instead of marking off checkboxes and pandering.
Not a thing I know but Val Demings deserves mention before Abrams IMO, plus checks Florida. 

However, it’s hard to think of three better non finalist Dem candidates who are ready to be President than Klobuchar, Warren & Harris. 

I will watch later this evening. Is this not what the politfact article broke down?
These "fact check" websites are the absolute worst.  They find a sliver of an angle to assert something that misrepresents something entirely- wow, Biden didn't literally oppose SS/Medicare for 40 straight continuous years?- and then it is used to distort reality.  Biden has a long history of going after SS/Medicare.  He is lying.  

Watch Joe Biden in his own words: https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1142172536488288256

Not a thing I know but Val Demings deserves mention before Abrams IMO, plus checks Florida. 

However, it’s hard to think of three better non finalist Dem candidates who are ready to be President than Klobuchar, Warren & Harris. 
You are out of your mind if you think Harris is on the list.  Respectfully out of your mind of course.  😜 

She's awful.

These "fact check" websites are the absolute worst.  They find a sliver of an angle to assert something that misrepresents something entirely- wow, Biden didn't literally oppose SS/Medicare for 40 straight continuous years?- and then it is used to distort reality.  Biden has a long history of going after SS/Medicare.  He is lying.  

Watch Joe Biden in his own words: https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1142172536488288256
And a 10 second clips from the middle of speeches with no context don't? :lol:

The politicfact article says he supported a 1 year freeze in the 80's and 90's.

WIll have to look into this more later. I'm sure this will be broken down better.

Yasha Levine @yashalevine

Bernie's having a tough time dealing with Biden's strategy of just lying and mocking him, and making himself out as a a tougher, more pragmatic version of Sanders.

Users who are viewing this thread