What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (1 Viewer)

Yasha Levine @yashalevine

Bernie's having a tough time dealing with Biden's strategy of just lying and mocking him, and making himself out as a a tougher, more pragmatic version of Sanders.
Same strategy he used against Paul Ryan. Biden is just awful.

You are out of your mind if you think Harris is on the list.  Respectfully out of your mind of course. 

She's awful.
That’s fine, I was just referencing the names commonly mentioned and also mentioned above.

I personally don’t think Harris would bring much to the Midwest states, even in terms of black turnout. And I feel like Warren would be Old + Old. So I’m thinking Klobuchar, especially as it’s possible Joe himself is the draw for the black vote. I was just saying all three had earned it.

But again I’m a Demings fan, and IMO she should be mentioned before Abrams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless if you dislike Biden, think he's weak candidate, think Bernie is better - Biden has been much, much better tonight than previous debates. 

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

Good debate for Joe Biden tonight. No disasters. Pretty much locked up the Democratic nomination since there are no real landmines left. Bernie’s refusal to condemn Fidel Castro and Cuba is downright Kaepernickian.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Max Blumenthal @MaxBlumenthal

Flabby performance by Bernie so far. He’s reluctant to make the debate a referendum on the Obama-Biden era and to pin its failures & horrors - from the Wall St bailout to Obamacare to mass deportation to regime change wars - directly on the former VP.

Bernie finally went in on Biden for his record, but only in the senate. Biden responds not by deflecting, but by openly lying. He should interrogate his record as VP, it will yield similar results.

The moderator finally brought up mass deportations under Obama-Biden. Rather than hammer the point home and remind voters that Obama-Biden initiated the kids in cages policies, Bernie got bogged down in defending his own record in the Senate.

Rather than bridging to Biden’s own record on foreign policy, which is a blood soaked horror show, Bernie got lost in a defense of China’s (real and admirable) record of lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty. It was somehow up to Jake Tapper to raise Biden’s awful history.

Max Blumenthal @MaxBlumenthal

Flabby performance by Bernie so far. He’s reluctant to make the debate a referendum on the Obama-Biden era and to pin its failures & horrors - from the Wall St bailout to Obamacare to mass deportation to regime change wars - directly on the former VP.

Bernie finally went in on Biden for his record, but only in the senate. Biden responds not by deflecting, but by openly lying. He should interrogate his record as VP, it will yield similar results.

The moderator finally brought up mass deportations under Obama-Biden. Rather than hammer the point home and remind voters that Obama-Biden initiated the kids in cages policies, Bernie got bogged down in defending his own record in the Senate.

Rather than bridging to Biden’s own record on foreign policy, which is a blood soaked horror show, Bernie got lost in a defense of China’s (real and admirable) record of lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty. It was somehow up to Jake Tapper to raise Biden’s awful history.
I think Bernie sees the writing on the wall.  This primary race is over.  If he bashes the Obama-Biden administration, he just weakens the fight against Trump.  

Probably about 100 people watched this debate let's be honest.

IMO the main news that comes out is Biden picking a woman for VP (everyone knew this though, right?) and that Biden had a better night.

I think Bernie sees the writing on the wall.  This primary race is over.  If he bashes the Obama-Biden administration, he just weakens the fight against Trump.  
He weakens the fight against Trump by not forging a clearer contrast between him and the bipartisan establishment.  He just focuses on Trump all day, as if Democrats aren't part of the problem too.  Insulting really.  

Users who are viewing this thread