What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Responsibility and Self Reliance Poll (1 Viewer)

What percentage of Americans devote adequate time and effort to their education?

• less than 25%

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • 25 to 50%

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • 51 to 75%

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • greater than 75%

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
Voted 25 to 50% across the board.

But I have absolutely no basis for assessing any of these questions.
Seems like null vote across the board or all vote across the board is the only appropriate response.....not sure how this is to be known given the subjectivity of every single question.

Interesting approach...let's see how it works out :popcorn:  

Current Eating Patterns in the United States:

"About three-fourths of the population has an eating pattern that is low in vegetables, fruits, dairy, and oils."

"More than half of the population is meeting or exceeding total grain and total protein foods recommendations, but, as discussed later in the chapter, are not meeting the recommendations for the subgroups within each of these food groups."

"Most Americans exceed the recommendations for added sugars, saturated fats, and sodium."

This is consistent with the poll results. Changing dietary habits, or any habit is not easy. The article recommends taking baby steps. In my experience, buying and cooking food, especially vegetables and good protein, leads to a healthier diet. Kids should be involved in food prep from an early age. My daughter who became vegetarian at age12 and prepared many of her own meals taught me a lot. She learned a lot from a Benghali friend's mother. Portion control alone would also help, as the Twinkie diet showed.

Why are we making broad guess about what millions of people do with their personal lives?  what's the point?

There's no chance that the diet/exercise questions is anything but less than 25%.  Our collective diets are atrocious and exercise isn't just spending 30 minutes a few times a week.  People don't walk anywhere any more.  I guessed on the others but feel pretty confident I nailed this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really vote because all these questions should be rated on a spectrum, not a yes/no.  What standard I might choose as a cut off would be arbitrary.  

Users who are viewing this thread