What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (2 Viewers)

Nice.  He basically replaces your Tarik Cohen pick in rd 5.  Speaking of Tarik, u still taking him straight up over Mack??  🤣🤣

We gotta get 1 of your teams to break that 150 mark then you’re in bizness.  

But back to Scary Terry, what a beast.  How the heck did he last until the 3rd rd.  10/14 shares across here and NFFC.   Praying for health and it’s gonna be a big year for ya boy   

-WonTime!  

10/14 .... lies. Link all 14 teams/Leagues
Oh snap! Damn and I thought we almost had a bromance brewing between Gildz and Scientist over Scary Terry 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
ImTheScientist said:
10/14 .... lies. Link all 14 teams/Leagues
It’s all public man.  Just click on the teams.  Went after him everywhere.   I’m just pissed I didn’t get him on the other 4.  

Bizarro-world fantasy week.  It was all monster lineups or complete duds.  Never seen a week quite like this one.   The zero RB crowd took it on the chin this week.   Has to be worst “elite WR” week of all time.   Julio / Odell / D Hop / Allen / Theilen / Amari.  Not a single one in double digits.  A lot of blood shed in week 4..Have a feeling we won’t hear from Scientist until next August.   Stay with us man!

Pulse check.  Someone check on Scientist.  Crazy week.  Lot of pts scored.  Not a lot of W’s tho.  Gonna be 2 and 4 seed hunting.  Schedule gods have been especially brutal this year.  Both mains look like contenders.   Be nice if Miles Sanders became a thing at some point.   May have whiffed on that one.   

-Won Time!

Pulse check.  Someone check on Scientist.  Crazy week.  Lot of pts scored.  Not a lot of W’s tho.  Gonna be 2 and 4 seed hunting.  Schedule gods have been especially brutal this year.  Both mains look like contenders.   Be nice if Miles Sanders became a thing at some point.   May have whiffed on that one.   

-Won Time!
At 171 in one league. Had Dak/Cooper/Gurley/Lindsay/Kelce/Tucker/Hollywood put up a decent week....if you care. Little disappointing I didn't get a 20 or 30 spot from Kelce. Thought I had a shot at 200. Shouldn't have played MVS. I love leaving points on the bench. This is the first week I haven't had a 30 point guy on my bench. YAY!!!

Got a few at the top, a few at the bottom and a bunch in-between at 3-2/2-3.  Had some big scores this week with Kupp and Jones and Thomas.  I'd like to have a few more in the top 200 - 300, but feeling OK.  Should get several teams into the big dance, but we will see.  Need Tyreek back...!

GL as we head into the second half of the sprint...

How many FPC teams do you have and what is your highest ranking overall right now?  Main event?

Btw Bell mid-low range RB2?  Which means he’s RB19 or worse in your eyes.  I’ll bet whatever amt of $ you want that he’s better then that.  Much better actually.  Assuming he plays a full season.  Let me know if you wanna put your $ where your mouth is.  I’ll be waiting...
He is averaging 2.9ypc. I think he is likely close to that RB 19 after this week. It would be brutal to have to run him out every week.

Bell will improve when Darnold is back and the schedule lightens up.  He is still a phenomenal talent and getting massive volume.  

Real reason I came back to post ... fantasymojo tweeted placements from various draft slots ... the early pick advantage is painfully real.  I think they need to at least consider going to an auction draft.

He is averaging 2.9ypc. I think he is likely close to that RB 19 after this week. It would be brutal to have to run him out every week.
Yes very brutal.   He’s only averaging 18+ ppg and is RB7 in terms of ppg.  Playing in the worst possible scenario thru 4 weeks of play.   Definitely will get worse as the team gets better tho.  He’s no Tarik Cohen  

👍

Lefty who is that great at the top of the draft outside of CMC?  Then the bottom 2nd/ top 3rd has a bunch of landmines also.  My worst team right now out of 11 went Saquon/Evans/Kittle.   Probably my favorite start of all.  Haha 

Assuming u mean getting CMC is a crazy advantage?   I’ll agree there.  Has the same feel of those early years of Tomlinson.  If not better.   What can ya do tho.  They’ll never go to an auction format.  The other corner did have Cook available to them in 90% of drafts.   And I’ll argue the 3/4 turn has been better then the 2/3 one.  

Having said all that, it’s hard to imagine the winner of this thing not having CMC on the roster.  Averaging 32 ppg.  Geezus.  

Results speak for themselves: https://twitter.com/fantasymojo/status/1179805222736150531?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3Afantasymojo&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasymojo.com%2F.

All of last year's top 5 teams in FBG and ME were top 5 draft picks too.

Don't get me wrong... you definitely COULD piece together a good team from the late rounds.  In fact - and I have some strong Saquon/CMC/Kamara teams - my best team was out of the nine hole but the early value was crazy (DJ at 1.09 paired with Cook and Allen), I hit on my mid-round picks and I got Waller and Andrews and Ryan after the mid rounds.  So you never know.

Generally speaking, however, the data speaks for itself.  We will see how it all shakes out in 6 games... reg season isn't even half way over and some of those late first / early second round and 3/4 picks are picking up steam.......

GL. 

(and yes I think Miles was a whiff).

Results speak for themselves: https://twitter.com/fantasymojo/status/1179805222736150531?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3Afantasymojo&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasymojo.com%2F.

All of last year's top 5 teams in FBG and ME were top 5 draft picks too.

Don't get me wrong... you definitely COULD piece together a good team from the late rounds.  In fact - and I have some strong Saquon/CMC/Kamara teams - my best team was out of the nine hole but the early value was crazy (DJ at 1.09 paired with Cook and Allen), I hit on my mid-round picks and I got Waller and Andrews and Ryan after the mid rounds.  So you never know.

Generally speaking, however, the data speaks for itself.  We will see how it all shakes out in 6 games... reg season isn't even half way over and some of those late first / early second round and 3/4 picks are picking up steam.......

GL. 

(and yes I think Miles was a whiff).
Yea but the data is skewed towards 1 guy. Went thru top 30 teams and 20 of them have Mccaffrey on them.  And it’s 52% of top 200 have the top 3 pick.   It’s all CMC man.  Barkley hasn’t helped his teams much and Kamara has been good but far from dominant.  Gonna have years like this with special backs.   He’s 12 ppg over Kamara at the moment.  Just insane.  Hard to have this guy on your team and not be good.   Still have faith in Miles.   Just gonna be longer then expected.  

Da Gildz said:
Yea but the data is skewed towards 1 guy. Went thru top 30 teams and 20 of them have Mccaffrey on them.  And it’s 52% of top 200 have the top 3 pick.   It’s all CMC man.  Barkley hasn’t helped his teams much and Kamara has been good but far from dominant.  Gonna have years like this with special backs.   He’s 12 ppg over Kamara at the moment.  Just insane.  Hard to have this guy on your team and not be good.   Still have faith in Miles.   Just gonna be longer then expected.  
52% of top 200 have top 3 picks!

But yeah CMC is an old school stud... I randomly sampled the top 300 and a ton have him.  I guess grab Jordan Scarlett..... b/c highly unlikely anyone is beating a CMC team if he stays healthy and on this kind of pace, unless Saquon comes back with a vengeance.  And Miles, not so much.  I think he will get there eventually, but we don't have time for rookies to take time to emerge in this contest unfortunately.  Not a great 6th round choice.

Im excited to see who people drop tonight. Some of those RB hoarders are about to have to cut loose a few guys to deal with bye weeks. 

52% of top 200 have top 3 picks!

But yeah CMC is an old school stud... I randomly sampled the top 300 and a ton have him.  I guess grab Jordan Scarlett..... b/c highly unlikely anyone is beating a CMC team if he stays healthy and on this kind of pace, unless Saquon comes back with a vengeance.  And Miles, not so much.  I think he will get there eventually, but we don't have time for rookies to take time to emerge in this contest unfortunately.  Not a great 6th round choice.
Bonofin is the guy, not Scarlett.

With week 6 nearly in the books and over half way through the regular season, where do you think you need to be sitting to have a realistic shot at climbing the leader board after Week 13?  Still too early?  Some teams are clearly in the lead and some teams are clearly dead at this point... but there is still a ton of clarity that the next 2 - 3 games will bring in most leagues.

I'd say 150 / wk +, maybe slightly lower with bye weeks coming hard and fast, and a 4 - 2 or better record w/ an asterisk is where you'd feel good right now.

With week 6 nearly in the books and over half way through the regular season, where do you think you need to be sitting to have a realistic shot at climbing the leader board after Week 13?  Still too early?  Some teams are clearly in the lead and some teams are clearly dead at this point... but there is still a ton of clarity that the next 2 - 3 games will bring in most leagues.

I'd say 150 / wk +, maybe slightly lower with bye weeks coming hard and fast, and a 4 - 2 or better record w/ an asterisk is where you'd feel good right now.
150 a week and 4-2 is pretty solid for a baseline.  I’m getting royally screwed by the schedule gods this year.  Just lost my main putting up 170+.  Meh.  Good thing is I’m putting up solid pts in most places.  My Saquon teams unfortunately look toast.  My CMC team better get in.  That team looks fierce.  Be nice also if Kamara turned into the beast we all expected.  He’s been pretty disappointing all things considered.   Oh yea and that Hopkins guy also.  Hey DHop what the hell is going on over there ???  

1 thing looks certain,  zero-RB teams took it on the chin this year.   Wow.  

150 a week and 4-2 is pretty solid for a baseline.  I’m getting royally screwed by the schedule gods this year.  Just lost my main putting up 170+.  Meh.  Good thing is I’m putting up solid pts in most places.  My Saquon teams unfortunately look toast.  My CMC team better get in.  That team looks fierce.  Be nice also if Kamara turned into the beast we all expected.  He’s been pretty disappointing all things considered.   Oh yea and that Hopkins guy also.  Hey DHop what the hell is going on over there ???  

1 thing looks certain,  zero-RB teams took it on the chin this year.   Wow.  
Yup, those are my worst teams.  My M.E. team is 3-3 at just under 900 points... and of course that is with JuJu.  Talk about a bad beat onJuJu.  Top to bottom I think the M.E. competition is much better.  My team also Has A.J. and Melvin though, who I drafted in late and mid rounds respectively, so if they come on it still could compete. 

Zero RB definitely struggling.  I have two.  One is OBJ and Davante.  Worst team I picked this year.  Oh yeah and I have DHop and Melvin (early draft) team that is pretty bad too.  I mean both are pretty horrible actually.  Other had a huge week with Thomas, OBJ, Diggs, Samuel.  We will see if the latter can make up enough ground to compete.  But jury is still out in my mind.

I have one of each of CMC, Saquon and Kamara.  All have performed well, are sitting pretty in record and points and should make it... I am excited about my Kamara and Saquon teams - should be really though teams once they get rolling.

leftcoastheel said:

Sitting right around that 150/ 4-2 with one and it’s underperformed. Some due to coaching error. Cooper/Gurley need to get over their quads and play. That team is actually super deep due to excellent drafting. Picking up Scary Terry for $500 FAB has helped. I remember people laughing at that. Jokes on them. 

Overall super happy when looking back at how I evaluated things pre draft season. Few misses but mostly hit on things I believed. Sometimes draft position dictates your first round (would have been nice to pick 1st). With that said I nailed Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Hollywood, Phillip Lindsay, Amari Cooper, Russell Wilson, Dak, Breida, DK Metcalf, Will Dissly (RIP). The list goes on but tired of typing.

Sitting right around that 150/ 4-2 with one and it’s underperformed. Some due to coaching error. Cooper/Gurley need to get over their quads and play. That team is actually super deep due to excellent drafting. Picking up Scary Terry for $500 FAB has helped. I remember people laughing at that. Jokes on them. 

Dude you’re at 139.  That’s sitting right around 150?  Lol.  Your other team is toast. If you’re gonna be transparent, be transparent.  

Mid season pulse check for da Gildz.  Currently in playoffs in 7/11 teams.  Including the 2 mains.  But not a single 1 seed amongst those 7.  Wild.   Of the remaining 4:  2 are squadoosh, 2 others have a chance.  

NFFC straight beasting.  3/3.  1 seeds and most total pts in all 3.  

Wish the season ended after this week. 

#prayforhealth

-WonTime!

Da Gildz said:
Mid season pulse check for da Gildz.  Currently in playoffs in 7/11 teams.  Including the 2 mains.  But not a single 1 seed amongst those 7.  Wild.   Of the remaining 4:  2 are squadoosh, 2 others have a chance.  

NFFC straight beasting.  3/3.  1 seeds and most total pts in all 3.  

Wish the season ended after this week. 

#prayforhealth

-WonTime!

That's awesome.  Good luck!  I haven't done the NFFC in years.  They have the 14 team leagues?   

The higher buy-ins I believe are 14.  The leagues I’m referring to here is the Online Championship (12 teamers).  Their equivalent to the FBG tourney.   Interesting format.  No playoffs.  13 week reg season.  1 and 2 seeds win the $ with automatic entry into their “Champ rds”.   Prefer the playoff format in the FFPC.  But your chances at the big $ over there in NFFC are greater.  

Miles Sanders szn.  Took about 8 weeks longer then I anticipated.  

Shouldn’t have posted that so soon 

S

M

H.

Hello fellow 6-2 or better bro’s. Looking like 50% of my entries are making the playoffs. 

SMH at DaGildz
GL man.  Looking like you’ll have to win your way into the dance.  But if so that Gurley/Lindsey combo gonna be tough to beat.  Watch out for da pokey master   

Wow.  Man I have some teams that started off 5-0, and are now limping into the final stretch (injuries have been crazy).  Some teams that started out 0-3 now stringing together 180 + point weeks.  Crazy how quickly it changes... Next year going to focus more on quality backups and depth as opposed to the hot lotto tix.

Next few weeks is the tale of the tape in the final playoff push.  Drake in the 6th is starting to look profitable... GL all.

Wow.  Man I have some teams that started off 5-0, and are now limping into the final stretch (injuries have been crazy).  Some teams that started out 0-3 now stringing together 180 + point weeks.  Crazy how quickly it changes... Next year going to focus more on quality backups and depth as opposed to the hot lotto tix.

Next few weeks is the tale of the tape in the final playoff push.  Drake in the 6th is starting to look profitable... GL all.
You like Drake in that spot?  Why?  Unless DJ is more banged up then they’re letting on, not sure.  If he somehow finds himself as the main guy in that offense come weeks 13+, I love it.   Just read Edmonds out a few weeks.  So there’s that.  

Been a wild year for sure.   Couple teams are already sunk.   1 I really liked in the pre season.   Kamara , Mixon, Godwin, Watson, Lamar Jax, Andrews, Sutton , Mclaurin,  Hollywood Brown etc.   ugh.  Gonna be a hell of a toilet bowl team.  My 2 Barkley teams which I thought were toast put up big weeks , 1 over 200 and got me back in contention.   Barkley teams are gonna give CMC teams a fight come champ rds.   Saquon gets the hapless Skins and Dolphins weeks 15/16.  🤩🤩🤩  

3 more weeks to maneuver around these byes.  LFG!

-Won Time!

I have a hunch that DJ and Edmonds are going to be out a while, that's why... much to the chagrin of a team that started 6-1 and in the top 100 for the better part of the first half of the season... F me.  Time will tell in short order.

Next few weeks will be exciting... LFG for sure!

I think Drake is probably just depth at this point.  Gave up a 6th rounder only.   Nobody wanted him.   Love the Drake.   But something is off with this guy.  

Da Gildz said:
GL man.  Looking like you’ll have to win your way into the dance.  But if so that Gurley/Lindsey combo gonna be tough to beat.  Watch out for da pokey master   
They healthy so I’ll take it. DAk,Cooper,Kelce,Diggs werkin fools over every week. I also have a great fantasy D holding my opponents to low scores. Play me and you’ll see. It would be lose time for u.

They healthy so I’ll take it. DAk,Cooper,Kelce,Diggs werkin fools over every week. I also have a great fantasy D holding my opponents to low scores. Play me and you’ll see. It would be lose time for u.
No Diggs/Kelce in week 12.  Cards/Chiefs/Chargers and Vikings all on bye.   A lot of 3-4 seeds are gonna have their souls crushed.  

You’re lucky Dak/Amari don’t have to face a team like the Pats that week.   😳

Better get that 1 seed.

-Won Time for da Pokey mon!

Gotta love the Drake!!!
Just getting home from partying in SM - costume was Gardner Minshew w/ a COUGARS jersey... shoulda stayed out but gotta work tomorrow... Happy Halloween M'Fers.  Started him wherever I took him...

Great start to the weekend!

Pulse check with 2 weeks to go.  Crazy how fast the season goes.  

2 Mains:    Playoffs in both at the moment. 2 and 4 seeds respectively.  Could take the sweep prize in the first one due to a crazy win this week (Was up 6 pts with Amari/Maher vs Dak/Gallup.  Thought I was for sure donzo).   15 pts out of the 2 seed in the second.  

9 FBG:   5/9 currently.  1 Saquon team that was dead two weeks ago put up 203/183  back to back and now right in mix. 6 pts behind 2 seed.   Really want to get this one in the dance.  Pretty stacked team.  CMC team is basically in already.   Other Saquon team is out at the moment but right there.   Another potent team I need in the dance.   

3 NFFC:   All 1 seeds.  Not a single 1 seed in 11 FFPC leagues and 3/3 over there.  Bizarro world.

Hoping these bye weeks don’t crush da Gildz soul.   Having to throw some ugly lineups out there.  GL all

-Won Time!!

What a crazy ending to a crazy week.   Mixed bag for my teams.  Dalvin/Amari came up huge Sunday night in a huge spot where I needed the W.  Only had to fade a big SF Defense game.  😧  Now need some help in that one.   On the flip side that SF Def opened up the 2 seed in another league of mine. 

Week 11 byes could make or break a couple teams.  Main teams looking strong currently 2 seeds in both.  40 and 50 pt leads.  Unfortunately no chance for sweep bonus in either.  Dam schedule.  

GL to everyone still in it.  DJ Pokey flex needs some help this week.  Don’t want to see 0% make it in for u.  

Damien Williams resurrection!!  

-Won more week!

-Won Time!

Users who are viewing this thread