What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (3 Viewers)

Crazy year so far.   Got in 9/11 teams.  2 seeds in both mains.  Lost a couple 2 seeds last night but got 2 more in so I’ll take it.  My favorite team was in serious danger of missing out.  Down 50 pts for 4 seed.  Had a monster week 11 coupled with a dud from the team I was chasing.  In.  Got both Barkley teams in.  Need him to get right for week 14.  My CMC team also feeling it.  Conner/Hill/D Will/Engram.  3 full weeks to get healthy.  Here’s a couple of my favorites starting out with the team that barely made it..

QB:  Lamar, Watson

RB:  Kamara, Henry, Mixon, Samuels, Freeman 

WR: Godwin, Sutton, Gallup, Mclaurin, Hollywood Brown, Davis, Isabella

TE:  Andrews, Gisecki, Njoku

Def:  Balt

QB:  Winston, A-Rod

RB:  Barkley,  A Jones, Drake, Pollard, Edwards

WR:  Allen, Lockett, Gallup, Woods, Hollywood, Samuel 

TE:  Jonnu, Hollister, Witten

Def: Balt, Buff 

GL to all still in it.  

-Won Time!

Not a great year but still in it so to speak.  10 teams playoffs... 3 auto-bids.  My Main team missed the playoffs by 5 points and I left Samuels and Fitz on the bench for JuJu (How could I have known???) - JuJu has been my biggest miss *ever* on my part.  What a nightmare. 

Lotta lessons for next year.... namely don't draft talented guys in new and uncertain situations in round 1/2... (JuJu, ODB, Bell, etc.).

Favorite teams?  Well I like several, but to placate Gildz...

Ryan, Cousins

CMC, Fournette, Ingram, Montgomery, Armstead, Henderson, Richard

Hilton, Gallup, Sanders, Fuller, Ross (need WR corps to get healthy)

Waller, McDonald, Njoku, Akins

TBD

BAL

------------------------------------------

Brisset, Fitz (Newton Team)

Barkley, Fournette, Lindsay, Murray, Brown, Bonnafon

Golladay, Lockett, Tate, Gabriel, Lazard, Snead, Ross

Ertz, Andrews, Goedert

TBD

NE

Those teams look strong.  Everyone looking at CMC as the key but TE’s can be the real difference maker.  If you don’t have any of those top end options you’re likely screwed.   Such a dumpster fire of a position.  Have a Barkley/Evans/Kittle/Henry team that missed out on the 2 seed by .4.  That one is going to sting if it doesn’t get in.  

Is Jonathan Williams gonna be “that guy” this year?  Hope so.  Picked up 3 shares including 1 Main.  Ended up going against him in 3 spots also.  Never easy.  Always wondered why this kid never got a fair shot.  Every time he plays he looks the part of a lead back.

Im sure Mack is back and crushes his soul but while he’s out, it’s J-Will’s time to dance.  🕺

-Won Time!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 FBG playoff teams.   One Main 1st place Sweep, One main 2nd place to a sweep.  Out of 3 mains.  
Sweep Team
L Jackson and D. Prescott
Chubb, Jacobs, Hunt, J White, Hyde
Copper, Gallup, Landry, T Hill, Mar Brown, Hardman
Hooper, Andrews, Irv Smith
Tucker, Fairburn
Buff, KC

10 FBG playoff teams.   One Main 1st place Sweep, One main 2nd place to a sweep.  Out of 3 mains.  
Sweep Team
L Jackson and D. Prescott
Chubb, Jacobs, Hunt, J White, Hyde
Copper, Gallup, Landry, T Hill, Mar Brown, Hardman
Hooper, Andrews, Irv Smith
Tucker, Fairburn
Buff, KC
Now that’s a strong squad. With the exception of this one looking like if you didn’t have a top 3 pick things were very much against you.

Agree TEs are critical... Cook screwed me yesterday on a league 'ship squad w/o an autobid!!!

Anyhow 5 teams in the 'ship league round, including the two listed above, w/ a couple of the high rollers as my opponents.  Solid start to the weekend.  Hopefully I can get 5 or 6 bullets in the dance.  As an aside... every championship round I am in has a CMC squad in it.  LOL.

GL everybody still grinding... one of the best weekends of FF...

Was flying high at halftime.  Clinched 1 main, up ~ 22 in the other with Cook vs Rudolph/Myers.  All I had to do was dodge a Cook injury...🙄

All in all, pretty big year.  Cashed both mains,  won 2 FBG’s, both of which needed to win to get in the dance.  A third clinched the automatic bid but face planted in rd 1.   Overall 5 teams in, 2 mains - 3 FBG. House $, time to dance!  Teams below.  Need Cook to be ok and those main teams have a chance...

Main #1

QB:  Lamar, Watson

RB:  Cook, Lindsay, Sanders, Hunt , Drake, Henderson

WR:  Hopkins, Godwin, Mclaurin , Davis , Isabella 

TE: Olsen, Gesicki, Witten, Ian Thomas

K: Tucker, Gay

Def: Balt 

Main 2:

QB: Winston, Jones

RB: Cook, Sanders, Jonathan Will, Breida, Murray, Laird

WR:  Julio, Godwin, Cooper, Ridley, Diante Johnson 

TE: Gesicki, Kaden Smith, Alie Cox, Hockenson (Meh)  Need Gesicki to keep balling

K: Maher, Seibert

Def: Pitt

FBG #1

QB:  Murray; Foles (Oy should have scooped up 3rd QB)

RB:  CMC, Conner, Damien Will, Hines, Laird

WR:  Hill, Jeffery, Metcalf, Tate, Crowder, Manny Sanders, Isabella

TE: Engram, Gesicki, Higbee

K: Tucker 

Def:  NE, GB

FBG #2

QB:  Watson, Jones

RB: Fournette, Mostert, Damien Will, Jonathan Will, DJ, Darrell Will, Henderson

WR: Hill, Parker, Sutton, Gallup, McLaurin

TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Griffin

K: Zane G

Def: Chi, Tenn 

FBG #3 (Crown Jewel)

QB: Lamar, Watson

RB:  Kamara, Henry, Mixon, Freeman, Samuels 

WR: Godwin, Gallup, Sutton, Mclaurin, Hollywood Brown, Samuel

TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Griffin

K: Fairbairn, Seibert

Def: Balt

Lot of the same guys across these teams.  Gesicki on all 5.  Cupcake champ rd schedule.  Lady luck, time to dance baby!

GL to all teams remaining.  Scientist, if I take this down I’m buying you a team next year.  Only 1 caveat, I draft it. 🤣

Let’s do this!

-Won Time!!!

Hello everyone. Congrats to those still alive!

This is my first year doing FPC leagues, I have two teams in two different leagues. I won both leagues and received the auto bid into the championship round. I am looking for player ownership percentages just for the teams that are still left. I really thought I saw it somewhere, but I'm having a tough time finding it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? 

Thanks!

Good Luck everyone starting tonight!!!!!  I was able to get 10 out of 21 into the big dance.  Now need one of them to hit..

this is probable my favorite team on paper but have many that are very strong.  need production from tight end

rodgers, tannehill

zeke, cook, jones, henry, mostert, scarborough

kupp, ridley, deebo, a miller, lazard

goedert, jonnu, walker, dwelley

z, maher

sf

here is another

allen, rivers

chubb, jones, henry, eckler, j williams

hopkins, boyd, fitzgerald, ross, hurns, aj brown

waller, griffin

badgley, faribairn

chargers, bears

here is another

allen, rivers

chubb, jones, henry, eckler, j williams

hopkins, boyd, fitzgerald, ross, hurns, aj brown

waller, griffin

badgley, faribairn

chargers, bears
Like the 1st one more.  Don’t see the upside needed on this one.   Allen has a brutal champ rd schedule also.  10 teams in there I’m sure 1 of them will give you a nice run.  These TE plays are driving me mad.  Have  to choose 1 out of Andrews/Gesicki/Higbee/Griffin along with Sutton and Mixon in flexes.  I mean there’s no chance I pick the right 3 to play. Humble brag I guess but I prefer I had the decisions made for me.  

GL. 

-Won Time 

Like the 1st one more.  Don’t see the upside needed on this one.   Allen has a brutal champ rd schedule also.  10 teams in there I’m sure 1 of them will give you a nice run.  These TE plays are driving me mad.  Have  to choose 1 out of Andrews/Gesicki/Higbee/Griffin along with Sutton and Mixon in flexes.  I mean there’s no chance I pick the right 3 to play. Humble brag I guess but I prefer I had the decisions made for me.  

GL. 

-Won Time 
oh i agree and i have the same problems.  then all you do is kick yourself all damn day... i would think about sitting mixon maybe, i couldn't see sitting higbee in the primetime matchup against that defense against tes.  

Welp that was fun!  FBG teams are squadoosh.  What a gross day. 

Mains are at least live.  

Alvin Kamara, never again. 

Same.  Got 5 in... and four 'ships, but FBG teams all suck.  Started Andrews in the flex and benched Sanders - in *two* of them.  Sweet.

Fun season and looking forward to next year... I am definitely creating a fade list early in the summer and sticking to it.

GL Coots.  Two in the top 100.

Well I officially hit the brakes on the “Miles Sanders hype train”.   It’s a full derailment actually.  His vision might be the worst I’ve ever seen.   Literally runs face first into defenders who are not even trying to tackle him.  I’ll say this, he’s really good when no one is within 20 yards of him.  

-Tilted 

Team 2, Pick 1:

QB: A. Luck, D. Prescott
RB: A. Kamara, N. Chubb, M. Gordon, T. Coleman, J. Jackson, J. Scarlett, Q. Ollison
WR: K. Golladay, D. Westbrook, D. Funchess, D. Moncreif, P. Campbell, J. Arcega-Whiteside
TE: J. Cook, T. Burton, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers
😧 Baltimore
The guy in this league from the 12 hole is taking the whole thing down.  Without a Kicker no less.  Dude smashed this draft.  Drake/Ekeler at 6/7.  Hooper in 8. Lamar in 14.  Smokey Brown in 15, New Eng D etc etc.  So much for needing CMac or any top  rb in the draft to take this down.  

Season finally comes to end tonight.  Had my best year yet across the board.  Was leading the overall at the NFFC all weekend until last night.   A 20-burger from Miller could have snatched up the title.    Wasn’t meant to be thanks to that dreadful, good for nothing, just horrendous Mitch Trubisky.   Now will fall to around 6-7 if I had to guess.  Both mains should cash.  Could have made some noise if not for brutal injury luck.  Cook/Godwin and Ridley.  Why not take away Lamar while you’re at it.  

GL to anyone playing for something tonight.  Scientist we’ll see ya next August as usual.  

I’ll now be donating some $ to the FFPC Playoff challenge.  ✌️

The guy in this league from the 12 hole is taking the whole thing down.  Without a Kicker no less.  Dude smashed this draft.  Drake/Ekeler at 6/7.  Hooper in 8. Lamar in 14.  Smokey Brown in 15, New Eng D etc etc.  So much for needing CMac or any top  rb in the draft to take this down.  

Season finally comes to end tonight.  Had my best year yet across the board.  Was leading the overall at the NFFC all weekend until last night.   A 20-burger from Miller could have snatched up the title.    Wasn’t meant to be thanks to that dreadful, good for nothing, just horrendous Mitch Trubisky.   Now will fall to around 6-7 if I had to guess.  Both mains should cash.  Could have made some noise if not for brutal injury luck.  Cook/Godwin and Ridley.  Why not take away Lamar while you’re at it.  

GL to anyone playing for something tonight.  Scientist we’ll see ya next August as usual.  

I’ll now be donating some $ to the FFPC Playoff challenge.  ✌️
Congrats. Very nice run. What will 6th to 7th net you?  How did that Science Guy who talks all the smack do?  Have seen him around.  Would love to get into this but I just can’t support a company that has a guy who acts like such a jerk to his customers. 

Congrats. Very nice run. What will 6th to 7th net you?  How did that Science Guy who talks all the smack do?  Have seen him around.  Would love to get into this but I just can’t support a company that has a guy who acts like such a jerk to his customers. 
Thanks. Ended up tied for 5th.  Me and the other guy will chop 5th-6th prizes.  Barring a stat correction. 😬 Wouldn’t have won the big prize even with Miller doing well.  2nd wasn’t too far off tho.   Guy in 7th finished .2 pts behind us. With Stefon Diggs playing.  Didn’t record a catch for final 24 min of game.  It’s a cruel game.  The Scientist teams did nada.  Why he’s been a ghost.  Who acts like a jerk?  The guys here or other place ?  

I managed to take 3rd in the FPC. One more catch for one yard from Adams and I would have had 2nd. Took 24th in the Main Event. My ME team was in 6th after the morning games Sunday with Carson and Waller left to go, but they didn't get there obviously. Good year, though. Had 3 other teams in the FPC dance, won myself a lifetime subscription here. Heehee.

I managed to take 3rd in the FPC. One more catch for one yard from Adams and I would have had 2nd. Took 24th in the Main Event. My ME team was in 6th after the morning games Sunday with Carson and Waller left to go, but they didn't get there obviously. Good year, though. Had 3 other teams in the FPC dance, won myself a lifetime subscription here. Heehee.
Wow nice score.  Oh man Adams so close.  That td drop was so gross also. You must have felt that one.  Sick year tho.  Need so much Lady Luck in these champ rds.  Health especially.  Left a lot of $ on my bench also.  Can’t complain but I guess I can.  Hard to be so close and not get there.  Oh well there’s always next year.   

Da Gildz said:
Thanks. Ended up tied for 5th.  Me and the other guy will chop 5th-6th prizes.  Barring a stat correction. 😬 Wouldn’t have won the big prize even with Miller doing well.  2nd wasn’t too far off tho.   Guy in 7th finished .2 pts behind us. With Stefon Diggs playing.  Didn’t record a catch for final 24 min of game.  It’s a cruel game.  The Scientist teams did nada.  Why he’s been a ghost.  Who acts like a jerk?  The guys here or other place ?  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/751549-playoff-seed-alternative-algorithm-proposal/

Basically we’re not going to attempt to make a cash cow better. There have been some other responses that were less nice

Users who are viewing this thread