What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - Trade Advice involves 1.01.. (1 Viewer)

kyter1

Footballguy
12 TM PPR – QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB,WR, TE)

So, I’ve been wrestling with this over the last couple weeks, so I thought I’d post it to get feedback.  I’m in the middle/start of a rebuild.

I currently have picks 1.01, 1.02, 1.07, 2.01, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03 and 4.04 this year and 3 1sts (1 early 2 mid to late). The best team in our league has posted that he’s willing to give up his 1.12 and 2 2020 mid to late 1st round picks for a quality RB.

I was thinking about offering the 1.01 for his 3 1st. I’d like to have 5 1st round picks with the talk of how stacked the class will be, but with the high chance 4 of them will be in the last 6 picks it’s not ideal. However, if I did this trade I’d have 3 picks from teams in the same division, so that has to give me higher likely hood that 2 of the 3 push the other out of the playoffs completely, right?

If so, I’d be giving up the 1.01 for let’s say 1.12, 2020 1.12 and 2020 1.06; which to me doesn't look as back. Do I need to be talked out of this?

Or I just go 1.01 RB, 1.02 RB, 1.07 WR (maybe trade for 2020 1st), BPA the rest of the draft, hope a QB falls to me and hope I get 3 quality WRs next year with my current 1sts. Of course, not set in stone.

Current Roster:

Rosen, Rudolph, Bortles

Freeman, Guice, Edwards, Adams

Godwin, Kirk, Rob Anderson, Hamilton, Valdes-Scantling,  Coutee, Callaway, St. Brown, Harris

Graham, Mcdonald, Gesicki, Andrews, Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
You need an infusion of elite players.  You have no stud anywhere.  That is your issue.  

For this particular trade it comes down whether or not you think there is a stud you are missing at 1.01 this year.  If you don't think so then get the picks and hope you hit on one if them.

If the picks are set to be as late as you guessed then I would also try and get a player thrown in.  You could use help anywhere so look at the guys roster and see if you could add in his wr2/3 or something like that.  Ask about the position he has the most quality depth.

Assuming this is dynasty, I believe your focus should be on cornerstone players.  QB's and WR's have a longer shelf life than RB's.  I'm not overly enthralled with any WR this year in the top two picks, but feel you might want to consider Murray at QB at 1.02.  If he hits, the AZ offense is gonna be prolific.  Worth the risk to stabilize that position on your roster for years to come.  Personally, I would not do your 1.01 trade - I'd take Jacobs as a potential three down back (something you're never going to find at 1.06 or higher without getting awfully lucky some year).  Pair him with Freeman and you've got a couple startable RB's.  Your WR corps is adequate, as is your TE corps.  There are some expendables on both, but also some youth yet to develop.  If you could somehow use your 1.07 and another pick to acquire another startable RB, you're in the playoff discussion this year (again assuming Murray is all that).  Hope this helps . . . good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread