What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Autopick Superflex league--this is ridiculous, right? (1 Viewer)

bodotdot

Footballguy
My friend is insisting on creating an Autopick league on Yahoo that has a Superflex slot.  I told him I'm not going to join it if he does. Am I right in thinking there's absolutely no good way to prepare pre-rankings for this? Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to tell Yahoo to draft three QBs instead of two. At the very least, I'd need to be there as soon as the draft ended to swap out a player to get a third QB. How would I set pre-rankings--toss all QBs to the top of the list?

Super dumb.  To me, the draft is one of the more entertaining aspects of fantasy football, picking "your guys" and such.  No way I'd pay money for a computer to pick my team for me.

Edit:  To answer your question, sorry I do not know.  I was just shocked people do auto-pick leagues haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am flabbergasted this is a thing.  I've always hated the one guy who autopicks and you're telling me people do that on purpose?

I used to be pretty hard core about stuff like this but now I’ve come to realize that not everyone is into FF as much as me. If there’s a lot of money on the line, opt out. I have a situation where I need to auto draft this year in a league I’m defending. Such is life...hell, I started my draft last year going Fournette-Gronk and still won.  :shrug: Good Luck GB whatever’s direction you go and as stated above, no idea how you prep for superflex auto draft.

If you cannot make it to a draft then don't be in the league.  The best part of the entire year is the draft.  I don't understand how anybody can just autodraft.  What is the point of even playing if you do that?

bodotdot said:
My friend is insisting on creating an Autopick league on Yahoo that has a Superflex slot.  I told him I'm not going to join it if he does. Am I right in thinking there's absolutely no good way to prepare pre-rankings for this? Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to tell Yahoo to draft three QBs instead of two. At the very least, I'd need to be there as soon as the draft ended to swap out a player to get a third QB. How would I set pre-rankings--toss all QBs to the top of the list?
Ignoring the fact that the draft will be autopicked (I agree with the majority on that) but I would think if your league is set as a Superflex the Yahoo draft AI would account for that and would draft three or more QBs for you. Now pre-ranking this is going to be tough of course but, yes, it seems you'd stick a lot of QBs at the top of your rankings and hope to get two with your first 2-3 picks - then somewhere in the middle stick all the rest of the QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity why is this league autopicked for all teams? I understand it's tough to pick a draft date that works for everyone but there has to be a better solution than everyone just getting what the computer picks for them - seems a bit pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread