What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty PPR SF: Chubb for Cooper + 1st (1 Viewer)

gabes1919

Footballguy
12 team SF PPR

I was just offered their Amari Cooper and a 2020 1st for my Nick Chubb. Unsolicited offer. My team make up is mostly irrelavent, I'm probably not a competitor this year. His roster is relatively strong and deep so the pick will probably be a late one. Any thoughts? I don't really like Cooper (I've never been a fan and think he plays soft) and plantar faciitis can be a long and lingering issue. The value seems to be pretty heavy in favor of the Cooper side though... His other possible pieces to involve are Luck, Fourtnette, Newton, Carson, James Washington, Curtis Samuel

Nobody can say it's not a fair trade.  I'd rather have Chubb this year but if you don't think you're a contender this year and want to have two first rounders to go with Cooper next year go for it.  I do think you are getting the better part of the deal overall.  I just hate playing for next year.  I'd rather be the person worrying about next year later and building up for the current year.

Cooper + 2020 First is interesting, especially if it looks to be an early first. I would favor Chubb, and see him as a top 5 dynasty back. His talent, the surrounding talent, etc. all make for a good dynasty RB. But the trade value of Cooper + 2020 first is higher. I would be happy not trading Chubb, but could see value in making the trade and turning cooper around early in the season. Especially if zeke holds out into the season, and the cowboys have to pass more, someone may overpay for cooper if he starts the season strong. The 2020 class is rumored to be a very good one, so I would hold that pick until the value is built up by the NFL draft and off season hype. 

I am not giving up Chubb for that offer.  I don't trust Cooper and you already have a young stud in Chubb so that is much better than the first rounder as it.  Stay put. 

Users who are viewing this thread