What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Decision (1 Viewer)

crisp8s

Footballguy
Background: Auction Keeper league where you can keep up to two players from the previous season's roster. Any kept player costs the same as you spent on them last year + $5. Overall budget is $200.  Standard scoring, no PPR. 

1. Roster (from '18-19 season):
  2. Andrew Luck $5
  3. Mark Ingram - $18
  4. Jordan Howard - $40
  5. Robert Woods - $9
  6. Juju Smith-Schuster - $14
  7. David Njoku - $8
  8. Melvin Gordon - $60
  9. Derrius Guice - $10
  10. Courtland Sutton - $10
No-brainer keeping Juju for $19, but I'm struggling to decide who has better upside between Woods for $14 or Ingram for $23.  With Woods, I'm concerned that his numbers will drop this year because his target total will decrease with a healthy Kupp returning to their offense.  With Ingram, I'm concerned that he's turning 30, has had a PED suspension and has talented backs behind him on the roster.  Thoughts? Am I overlooking anyone - no one else seems worth the keep. Thanks in advance. 

I'd go with Woods.  Even if he drops a little $14 an okay price for him.  $23 for Ingram is just a little more money than I'd want to pay to keep an aging running back in a new system.  He's just the bigger risk at the higher price.  JuJu and Woods work out pretty nicely even if Woods ends up being your WR3.  

By the way, Jordan Howard at $40.... My how things change in one season.  :D

I would easily go with Woods.  He is much safer and gives you a great solid WR2 behind JuJu.  Nice start. 

Users who are viewing this thread