What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (5 Viewers)

The Chargers aren't playing that well but they have a great running game and their QB has a little more experience than ours. 

I sure wish this game was at home.   

Interesting stat: Passing yards allowed per game fell from 320 to 170 after trading for Minkah.

In other news, Artie Burns expected to start for Steven Nelson. Not good. Very not good. I sadly expect him to commit at least one crucial PI and allow 2 TDs. 

Interesting stat: Passing yards allowed per game fell from 320 to 170 after trading for Minkah.

In other news, Artie Burns expected to start for Steven Nelson. Not good. Very not good. I sadly expect him to commit at least one crucial PI and allow 2 TDs. 
Is Artie our worst ever first round pick?  I know “ever” is a long time but......

Troy Edwards comes immediately to mind.  But Jamain Stephens probably wins this award.

I wanted to say Limas Sweed, but he was a second round bust.
Huey Richardson.

Barely lasted 1 year in the NFL as the 15th overall selection.  Cowher wanted to cut him during the first year.

How much Wildcat do they run with Hodges?  I guess Samuel is out so we won't get to see. 

Hodges is going to impress... At least if you were impressed with Rudolph. .. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really struggling with starting Conner... what’s the Homer sentiment on him with Samuels out but Hodges under center? 

So according to CBS Sports, the Redskins really really want Tomlin as their next head coach.   Given how stupid the Skins are how much do you think we can get for them.  They are hoping that he is fired and I just don't think that is happening no matter how bad they are this year.   Especially when you know there is a team run by idiots that wants him

Very nice win tonight!  I've been a critic of Tomlin but mad props to him tonight.  Can't really fault him for anything.  Going into the bye, it sure would be nice if we got some good news on Tuitt.  ### #### this team has been crippled with bad luck this year.

I know the Chargers are kind of the suck, but the defense looked pretty legit  this week before people started getting banged up.  Even with that, there were, what, two/three dropped INTs on top of the two they brought down?  Can't recall the last Steelers' defense that got their hands on the ball that much in a single game.

This Steelers team was actually good. Injuries, bad luck, and a terrible roughing the passer call has been killing us. 

They need to cut switzer for eli rogers though. He is a waste of space unfortunately. 

Prediction for Sunday night! Steelers start the game with the ball and go 3 and out and everyone freaks. In the first half the Steelers cause 2 turnovers while giving up 1 and go into the half down 14 - 10. In the second half the Chargers get some cheap call that goes their way and they further the lead to 17-10, but then Hodges and Conner go on a tear and our D shuts down the Chargers until late in the 4th. The Steelers will be up 24-17 with Rivers having the ball and 3-5 minutes left. We'll all feel pretty good, like, Hey we've been shutting them down all 2nd half! But of course our D will change 100% from what has worked and go prevent. The Chargers will score and tie it up with 1:30 left and all hope will be lost. But wait! quack. quack. Quack. Quack. QUACK! QUACK! The stadium ramps up the noise (it's in LA but more Steelers than Chargers fans). Hodges leads an incredible drive and moves them down the field into easy chip shot field goal range and Boswell scores the game winning FG as time expires. Stadium goes wild! QB controversy going into the bye week.  Lose to the Dolphins in 2 weeks (jk, they're going to crush the Dolphins, Fitzpatrick revenge game). 
Some of the prediction was pretty spot on! Our team looked dominant in the first half, and fine with settling in the second. We went from Win-Mode to Don't-Lose-Mode. We got a nice win in prime time so I'm not going to nitpick too much. Burns looked awful and most of the Chargers completions came against him, so hopefully Nelson is back after the bye. We really need Tuitt and Watt to be ok after the bye, pressure on opposing QBs has helped our defense immensely. Also, really happy that Bush came back in the game in the 2nd half. Was worried he had a serious injury too. 

Duck looked just ok, but that's all we needed last night. I think that after the bye Rudolph will get the look if he's back to full strength. We're going up against a Dolphins team that is literally trying every way possible to lose games, so we should be ok, but knowing our history against bad teams we still have to play the game as tough as possible. Fitzmagic is going to ruin somebody this year, but let it not be us. 

We're 2-4 with a stretch of 3 home games upcoming against the Dolphins, Colts with Brissett, and the Rams who seem to be falling apart without a full strength Gurley. Hope remains! The Browns fell to the Seahawks and have the Pats upcoming. The Ravens are on a bye, but then play in Seattle and then against the Pats. In 3 weeks we could be tied for 1st in the AFC North.

The door is still wide open, we just need Conner to break 3 tackles and walk through. 

Great road win last night.  Getting a quick lead was the key and I hope we can continue that trend.

This bye week couldn't have come at a better time.  Hopefully the walking wounded will be able to heal during the off time.

That defense when healthy is just vicious. I like the way they’re managing games and not try to do too much (other than the unnecessary Hodges throw in the 4th quarter).  It’s such a change from the past few years but low risk offense is good for now.  If the defense is healthy in 2 weeks, only way they would lose to Miami is by shooting themselves in the foot.  Doesn’t seem like the coaching staff is going to let that happen.  I still think it’s a long shot that this team is good enough to win the division but at least there is hope.

Great home road win last night.  Getting a quick lead was the key and I hope we can continue that trend.

This bye week couldn't have come at a better time.  Hopefully the walking wounded will be able to heal during the off time.
Corrected. The stadium seemed to be 80-90% Steelers fans. The showing was incredible. After every positive Steelers play the cheers were loud. The chants of DEFENSE DEFENSE when the Chargers were driving was excellent. 

Corrected. The stadium seemed to be 80-90% Steelers fans. The showing was incredible. After every positive Steelers play the cheers were loud. The chants of DEFENSE DEFENSE when the Chargers were driving was excellent. 
Yes.  I went to the 49ers game and would have put that at about 25% Steelers fans which I thought was impressive but nowhere near last night in LA.   I wish I would have been there instead

Ryan Switzer is averaging 3.4 yards per reception this year. Essentially we may as well have Alualu in the slot. 

Ryan Switzer is averaging 3.4 yards per reception this year. Essentially we may as well have Alualu in the slot. 
Not scrappy enough!

I agree, Switzer is balls.  Has this dude EVER made a play for the Steelers?  Returner or WR?  I don't recall one.  Have to believe someone else would be doing better with his reps.

Didn't watch the game. Very happy for the win. Good time for the bye.

Believe that Alualu and Hargrave (if they let him) can replace Tuitt relatively well at LDE and in the 2-4-5 nickel.

Believe that Alualu and Hargrave (if they let him) can replace Tuitt relatively well at LDE and in the 2-4-5 nickel.
Even if that is true, which is debatable, it significantly effects the rotation.  Having a guy like Alualu available in reserve to give both Tuitt and Heyward plays off is a pretty big luxury they won't have now.

Even if that is true, which is debatable, it significantly effects the rotation.  Having a guy like Alualu available in reserve to give both Tuitt and Heyward plays off is a pretty big luxury they won't have now.
Absolutely.  And we have to guess/learn the impact of Mr. Isiah Buggs. As a rookie no-less.

Hargraves (with Alualu) can do the Tuitt job in a commendable fashion, pretty certain of that. But Buggs isnt going to give much pass push when in the 3 man rotation. I am glad that he was deemed good enough to stick with the team and not the practice squad even if he did eat some inactives.  He will get an extra week to get up to speed with the bye.

Muhammad Wilkerson anyone? Willie Henry?

Agreed.  The Tuitt injury is a big loss.  Alualu is going to have to step up big time.   They also  have Buggs on the active roster and Henry Mondeaux on the practice squad for whatever that is worth.

Bengals claimed Fred Johnson off waivers.  Too bad, he looked like a good prospect.

So B.J. Finney is now the backup for both OG spots and Center.   They could bring Patrick Morris up from the practice squad or go with 8 lineman until Samuels is back and waive RB Edmunds then.

I would have waived Holton instead.

Tuitt out of the year..torn pec  :cry:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ok, so, not great. We'll see if they make any moves during the bye week to try and get a new guy up to speed. Hopefully some combo of Hargrave, Alualu, Buggs, and McCullers can hold down the NT and DE spots. This is going to greatly hamper our D and reduce our playoff chances from 15% to 12%. Hopefully other players continue to step up. 

Snakebit with injuries this year, but I still think we have a chance to win some games and potentially make the playoffs.  Unfortunately, even if they do, they're unlikely to go far if they do make it.

Still, I'd love to use this year to get this young defense fine tuned.  There is so much youth and potential back there, it can only help for next year.

To my point...the combined number of wins of Ravens opponents this year is 10 and they're 4-2 against them.  The combined number of wins of Steelers opponents this year is 22 and they are 2-4 and have been in every one of those games except the first.  

The AFC North is pretty piss poor this year.  Even banged up and on triage, the Steelers can win it.

Ravens just traded for Marcus Peters, not great since their secondary was terrible. Hope he doesn't help them too much. Should help our chances against the Rams in a few weeks.

Ravens just traded for Marcus Peters, not great since their secondary was terrible. Hope he doesn't help them too much. Should help our chances against the Rams in a few weeks.
Aaaaaand the Rams turn around and trade for Ramsey so maybe it doesn’t help our chances anymore.  Although if we keep the dink and dunk going (which I don’t mind), maybe it has no effect whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread