What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Todd Gurley Worth a 2nd Round Keeper? (1 Viewer)

JonnyVerco

Footballguy
Hi all,

I'm in a 10-team PPR league and, every year, we get two keepers. The first person you keep takes up your first round pick in the draft. The 2nd player you keep takes up your 2nd round pick in the draft.

I did win my league last year, but the only two players from my team that are worth keeping are DeAndre Hopkins and Todd Gurley. Here's my question:

I'm drafting 9th in a snake draft. I think 1.09 is a good spot for DeAndre Hopkins, so I'm planning on keeping him. However, I'm not sure that 2.02 is a good spot to keep Todd Gurley, especially with his uncertainty going into this season. Also, there are probably going to be 7-8 first round keepers, so there's a good chance that I may have a good shot at another top running back or wide receiver at that spot. 

So, what do I do? Do I keep Todd Gurley for my 2nd pick in the draft? Or, do I release him back to the pool and pick another player at that spot? 2.02 seems like a high pick for Gurley. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

I'm in a 10-team PPR league and, every year, we get two keepers. The first person you keep takes up your first round pick in the draft. The 2nd player you keep takes up your 2nd round pick in the draft.

I did win my league last year, but the only two players from my team that are worth keeping are DeAndre Hopkins and Todd Gurley. Here's my question:

I'm drafting 9th in a snake draft. I think 1.09 is a good spot for DeAndre Hopkins, so I'm planning on keeping him. However, I'm not sure that 2.02 is a good spot to keep Todd Gurley, especially with his uncertainty going into this season. Also, there are probably going to be 7-8 first round keepers, so there's a good chance that I may have a good shot at another top running back or wide receiver at that spot. 

So, what do I do? Do I keep Todd Gurley for my 2nd pick in the draft? Or, do I release him back to the pool and pick another player at that spot? 2.02 seems like a high pick for Gurley. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
I’d keep gurley. Henderson hype is over. All the top backs will be kept, right? Anyone I can think of that could be available seems below gurley- like the rookies, maybe kerryon, Aaron Jones, etc, who do you want over gurley? Unless you know or have a good idea of the available player pool and can guarantee a guy you want falls to you I wouldn’t overthink it. 

I'd let him go.  If everybody in your league keeps at least one player, then you will have the second pick in the draft.  If the guy picking tenth keeps two players, then you have the first pick.  I would say if there is anybody available that you want more than Gurley I would take the chance.  Again assuming everyone keeps at least one pick, there would only be one pick ahead of you and they would either take Gurley or the guy you want over him and you can just take Gurley back.

I'd let him go.  If everybody in your league keeps at least one player, then you will have the second pick in the draft.  If the guy picking tenth keeps two players, then you have the first pick.  I would say if there is anybody available that you want more than Gurley I would take the chance.  Again assuming everyone keeps at least one pick, there would only be one pick ahead of you and they would either take Gurley or the guy you want over him and you can just take Gurley back.
I would agree with this thought process but it will take your predictions if what other owners will do.  Based on your answers to those questions would give me your answer.

Keep just Hopkins. I don't think you are risking a huge downgrade by letting Gurley go and seeing what is there for you.

I have a similar situation except I had drafted Gurley in round 1.  My league favors RBs and they go pretty quickly.  The problem is I draft 10 then 11 then 30 and 31 in a 10 team league.  All teams get two keepers.  Some  of the high ranking RBs were drafted in later rounds like Kamara and Chubb as well as the top round picks like Saquon and McCaffery.  If I don't keep Gurley he could easily get picked as a team's second back before my 30th pick and then I'm basically picking a RB that would likely be similarly ranked.  My other keeper is OBJ.  He's been disappointing in past years by comparison.  Hoping the new uniform and QB revitalizes his career.

Users who are viewing this thread