What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

Georgiev has been outstanding.  Rangers really really need to parlay this into a trade ASAP.  Honestly, I'd be willing to even more Shesterkin sight unseen if he'd fetch a higher return, but Georgiev is in my eyes NHL starting caliber and just 23.

Rangers are still very inconsistent, but all that youth is nice to build on.  I just have no idea what quinn's infatuation with bringing up guys like Nieves and rolling out Smith as a forward every night. When the Rangers are on the road, and their 4th line is paired against the other teams top line, it's always terrible.  Haley, McKegg, Smith, Nieves always getting ice time is bad news. I know coach wants a bit of grit out there, fine.  Roll out 1 of these guys each night, but put another guy out there that can skate and play, like Jesper Fast. 
I don't think georgiev has the ceiling that shesterkin has.  i'd love a tandem of igor and georgiev, but hank wont be moving till his contract runs out.  i'd prefer igor sight unseen.  I have no idea about the ahl, but he's played 17 games and yielded 1 goal or less 9 times.  1.81 gaa and .936 sv %.  he is special IMO.  move georgiev and let's get igor up and running for the future ASAP.

I don't think georgiev has the ceiling that shesterkin has.  i'd love a tandem of igor and georgiev, but hank wont be moving till his contract runs out.  i'd prefer igor sight unseen.  I have no idea about the ahl, but he's played 17 games and yielded 1 goal or less 9 times.  1.81 gaa and .936 sv %.  he is special IMO.  move georgiev and let's get igor up and running for the future ASAP.
I think the Rangers best bet to get a 1st rounder this year might be trying to trade Kreider and Georgie together. 

The haul for Hall wanst all that great and he is 100 times better than Kreider. maybe holding until deadline approaches helps, but not sure in this deep draft. 

Will be interesting. But agree that The Prince will and should be handed the keys once Henrik leaves. 

Kuch benched in the third after giving up a horrible turnover at his own blue line that led to the tying goal???

Maybe his foot still hurts, but he was on the bench.

I was hoping Cooper would comment postgame, but either he didnt give a postgame or they didn't show it.

unbelievable, incredibly smooth hands.  has he ever tried it and lost control?  2 for 2 with no fails is crazy.
Still makes me  :wall: :rant: :censored:  that the Habs missed out on the 2nd lottery pick and got stuck with kotkaniemi and the canes jumped up 1000 spots to get him.

That said, bergevin could have take  Hughes tkachuk or almost anyone else out of the first 10 picks and it wouldn't have been so bad.

So  now I feel better knowing we would have probably taken k anyway. 

So, Kappo Kakko is kind of good eh?

Adam Fox is already the Rangers No 1 defensemen

Which is awesome since they just shelled out 8 million a year for Trouba who has sucked. Could have saved that money for Kreider

It will be interesting to see where Kreider ends up

And what the heck is going on with Lias Anderson. If you cant beat out Brett Howden for 3rd line Center, you pretty much are done in the organization. His trade value is zero right now. Waste of the 7th overall pick. How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him
Who would have ever seen this not working out. 

Waste of a draft pick. Dont have much faith in the scouting. Hopefully JD fixes that going further. 

Who would have ever seen this not working out. 

Waste of a draft pick. Dont have much faith in the scouting. Hopefully JD fixes that going further. 
this was a terrible draft up and down.   2018, if kravtsov pans out could be good with miller and lunqvist.

Going to be in Tampa for a week in February for a cheap vacation - my buddy has a family member with a rental property. The week we're there, the Leafs are as well (Feb 25) - taking a look obviously tickets won't be cheap for that game and the wives will be with us and won't particularly care about the game, so weighing good seats vs. high cost, knowing it may be 2 or 4 tickets.

Any tips on the arena @Capella @E Street Brat . Are seats in the terrace ok? Better/worse views to know about? Any local sites with better options than direct/StubHub/seatgeek? Anyone going and want to grab a beer or do locals sell those games to suckers like me.

TIA. I'll take any other tips as well. I believe the rental is in Ybor.  We're going to head to Dunedin a couple times while we're there for spring training and do a couple nights of nightlife in Ybor but aside from that it's not an overly planned trip, just an excuse to break up February bitter cold and drink too much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All seats at Amalie are pretty nice. Can’t lose. I have tickets I could sell you for face — 5 rows off the ice behind the Lightning shoot twice side. Otherwise I would go to the bolts Nhl ticket exchange. 

I live in Dunedin — downtown area is very folksy with quite a few nice bars. I could meet up for a drink if I could find a way to explain it to my wife without her leaving me. 

I’d plan to be in ybor Friday or Saturday night. Otherwise it’ll probably be dead. 

Generally I look for seats in the terrace on the penalty box side.  I try for the last row just off center ice.

This only works in the penalty box side. Because it puts your back up against the press box wall.  You get a great veiw, can stand up whenever you want, and can turn around to watch the replays on the press box tvs.

CornHole cornhole 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tickets I could sell you for face — 5 rows off the ice behind the Lightning shoot twice side. Otherwise I would go to the bolts Nhl ticket exchange. 

I live in Dunedin — downtown area is very folksy with quite a few nice bars. I could meet up for a drink if I could find a way to explain it to my wife without her leaving me. 

I’d plan to be in ybor Friday or Saturday night. Otherwise it’ll probably be dead. 
We're going Friday to Friday, so probably arrive Friday afternoon, check out our place and do Ybor that first night for sure to unwind. 

Probably do Dunedin Tuesday/Thursday, if you're around either day. How many seats do you have? If you were planning on going to that game, I'm sure we'll be able to find some. May be important in terms of the standings at that point, assuming Tampa plays better in the second half and Toronto plays like it has since Keefe took over. 

Generally I look for seats in the terrace on the penalty box side.  I try for the last row just off center ice.

This only works in the penalty box side. Because it puts your back up against the press box wall.  You get a great veiw, can stand up whenever you want, and can turn around to watch the replays on the press box tvs

CornHole cornhole 
:thanks:

I'll check seats in that area and same goes, if you're at the game or want to grab a beer at some point during the week, we'll be spending a fair bit of time in pubs while we're down there. 

Wild wins at Pepsi are always fun.

pretty sure the rest of the season is at home, probably going to win a presidents trophy. nbd

The Lightning struggled a lot in the first period last night, but they managed to overcome the curse of the black jerseys.

Also, as good a player as Phil Esposito was, I feel like he's past his prime as a color commentator. I enjoy listening to Caley(?) Chelios during road games. She raises the bar big time.

The Lightning struggled a lot in the first period last night, but they managed to overcome the curse of the black jerseys.

Also, as good a player as Phil Esposito was, I feel like he's past his prime as a color commentator. I enjoy listening to Caley(?) Chelios during road games. She raises the bar big time.
She’s very good. I think she will take over in a year or two. Phil is the founder of the franchise and pretty much a legend here so he has as much time as he wants I imagine. 

Im in a box for the Sens game tonight. there is nothing better than having your own bathroom in a stadium. Worth every penny

She’s very good. I think she will take over in a year or two. Phil is the founder of the franchise and pretty much a legend here so he has as much time as he wants I imagine. 
I found that out, because I was curious about his connection to the team. Now I know.

Its funny. My main man Sam Rosen is losing it a little. The Rangers have one of the best play by play guy in Kenny Albert doing radio. Interested to see how long Sams leash is 

Users who are viewing this thread