What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New England D/ST - how do they rank all time for fantasy? (1 Viewer)

Not going to argue about it being too soon, as they have stronger opponents ahead. 

But the bolded is a really poor analogy.

In my league, there are 3 WRs within less than 7 points of Godwin.

The difference b/w NE and the next biggest scoring D in my league is 74 points. 

I don't think I've ever seen that kind of spread before, which prompted the post.

I'd argue that the Jets have the biggest cakewalk between weeks 9 and 14 than NE or any other team in the league - @MIA, NYG, @WAS, OAK, @CIN, MIA.

As for NE, was interesting to see the Giants keep it close through the half/midway Q3. I don't think the Jets will be firing on all cylinders but can see CLE's offense, if clicking, giving them a run for their money, and to your point, BAL -- while inconsistent this year -- can play some stout D to limit run-ups in score. PHI, DAL, HOU, and KC are all going to be solid tests.
fair enough

Come on. Tangerines and oranges. You can't scheme to take away an entire defense.
I admit they've had a strong week, but I guess I'm just seeing this as too soon. The guy who owns them in my league is 2-3 so its not a guaranteed winner. Also they have played nobody yet

Are they a major fantasy asset, possibly one of the best fantasy defenses in recent memory? sure. NFL wise are they as dominant as their fantasy status is? No, I don't think so. 

I admit they've had a strong week, but I guess I'm just seeing this as too soon. The guy who owns them in my league is 2-3 so its not a guaranteed winner. Also they have played nobody yet

Are they a major fantasy asset, possibly one of the best fantasy defenses in recent memory? sure. NFL wise are they as dominant as their fantasy status is? No, I don't think so. 
The title of OP is fantasy defense 

Users who are viewing this thread