What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 6* (1 Viewer)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the majority of MFL leagues are dynasty, and I doubt any of ESPN's leagues are, or very few.  (I don't even use ESPN anymore, it sucks) They may not even have dynasty capability.......not that I am looking to play there anyway.

TZM

Ill say way more ESPN leagues only use a WR/TE position, instead of a full TE only slot.  :carebears:

ESPN leagues have smaller rosters than MFL leagues in general.
These are all great answers and make a lot of sense.  Just seemed odd that the Herndon discrepancy was so much bigger than the Henry discrepancy. 

Thought maybe ESPN leagues didn't allow suspended players on IR and MFL ones did? 

I believe the soonest he can return is week 11.  They (Redskins) have a bye week 10. 
Thanks, I’m wondering if he can come back and push a few teams over the top. Hopefully he can come back healthy.

Tex

Actually a decently better Waiver week than the past 2-3 have been IMO:

QB's:

• Darnold - has to be at the top of the list. 1 game in and he looked pretty darn good. tough matchup this week, but pretty easy
  • Cousins - Lions are a bit of a tougher matchup, but he has the weapons and it's possible they are actually starting to use them
  • Josh Allen Great matchup this week

RB's:

• Jamaal Williams - at the least a 50-50 with Jones in the doghouse; might be my top priority if available
  • Darrell Henderson/ Malcolm Brown (if available) - Gurley still out, Brown looks to be the lead back, but Henderson has the burst
  • Alexander Mattison - might be the best handcuff in the league; and actually has some weekly flex value week to week
  • Benny Snell - I don't trust Conner to be/ stay healthy

WR's:

• Robbie Anderson (if somehow still out there) - #1 Priority over all positions if there
  • Golden Tate (again, if available) - not sure when Engram, Barkley, & Shepard are back, but he should be getting a lot of targets
  • Jameson Crowder - Darnold is back; Crowder is back to being a viable flex option (more value in PPR)
  • Auden Tate - getting a ton of targets still
  • Dante Pettis - the Niners look GOOD; and Pettis could (should) be the best WR on the team
  • DK Metcalf (if available) Dissley injury opens up things more for him. Lower value in PPR, but HUGE Red Zone threat
  • N'Keal Harry - Back at practice. Was the Pats 1st round pick. their other WR's are banged up. Could be a VERY sneaky waiver claim you can get for cheap this week who pays big dividends down the road

TE's:

• Hunter Henry - if he's still out there, you need to get him (will pose a question for him at the end of this post)
  • Chris Herndon - more of a wait and see add as we don't know when he'll be back, but has top 10 TE potential
  • Ben Watson - back on the Pats; who need a TE... so there's value there

DST:

• BUF - if available, might be the a top 3 Defense the rest of the year
  • SF - see above, but maybe top 5
  • JAX - good match up this week vs CIN

Question to pose: If Hunter Henry is available in your league, but you already have a top TE (Kelce, Kittle, etc...) would you still burn a top priority for Henry this week?

I'd have to say yes, in general terms, without knowing exact circumstances. A solid TE has become a premium. Bye weeks enter, and potential future trade to a desperate TE owner.

I like the breakdown above. Wondering if having Lockett and Metcalf make any sense whatsoever? Let the better players and match ups play? Wilson is pretty solid at QB.

I'd have to say yes, in general terms, without knowing exact circumstances. A solid TE has become a premium. Bye weeks enter, and potential future trade to a desperate TE owner.

I like the breakdown above. Wondering if having Lockett and Metcalf make any sense whatsoever? Let the better players and match ups play? Wilson is pretty solid at QB.
Sure, you don't like to have 1 WR take away from the other, but IMHO, if i had Lockett, I'd still try to grab Metcalf. He is a huge body and I think will be Wilson's #1 target in the RZ. 

If i had a 50-50 decision and 1 player is on the same team as someone I currently have, then i'd probably bench the stack, but aside from that, I'm playing the talent regardless of teams

RB's:

• Jamaal Williams - at the least a 50-50 with Jones in the doghouse; might be my top priority if available
  •  
Jones had a bad game but I'm not sure we can say he's in "the doghouse" because of it.  My guess is their PT split at this point will be entirely game plan and game situation dependent.

Jones had a bad game but I'm not sure we can say he's in "the doghouse" because of it.  My guess is their PT split at this point will be entirely game plan and game situation dependent.
Maybe "doghouse" isn't the best term; but he looked really good and appears to be at the very least splitting carries with Jones. And if Jones keeps fumbling, missing wide open passes, Williams has the potential to lead this backfield. 

Question to pose: If Hunter Henry is available in your league, but you already have a top TE (Kelce, Kittle, etc...) would you still burn a top priority for Henry this week?
Solid post over all, @4th&inches -- to the question above, struggling with this myself.

I'd love to pick up Henry as I own Engram, but would mean not being able to cover some byes in the meantime as I'd have less flexibility in add/drop slots. 

It may be worth it, though.

Maybe "doghouse" isn't the best term; but he looked really good and appears to be at the very least splitting carries with Jones. And if Jones keeps fumbling, missing wide open passes, Williams has the potential to lead this backfield. 
Oh absolutely.  I just think NFL coaches give players the opportunity to play through mistakes so I wouldn't be overly excited about how the split will work out in GB.  Even if Jones continues to flub he'll still be a vulture of some sort.

Solid post over all, @4th&inches -- to the question above, struggling with this myself.

I'd love to pick up Henry as I own Engram, but would mean not being able to cover some byes in the meantime as I'd have less flexibility in add/drop slots. 

My league has WR/TE as a combined position and I am very tempted even with Lockett, Hooper, Engram & Waller who would probably be the odd man out.  I just can't do it this week with both my D and K on the bye.

QB's:

• Darnold - has to be at the top of the list. 1 game in and he looked pretty darn good. tough matchup this week, but pretty easy
  • Cousins - Lions are a bit of a tougher matchup, but he has the weapons and it's possible they are actually starting to use them

RB's:

• Darrell Henderson/ Malcolm Brown (if available) - Gurley still out, Brown looks to be the lead back, but Henderson has the burst
  • Alexander Mattison - might be the best handcuff in the league; and actually has some weekly flex value week to week

WR's:

• Robbie Anderson (if somehow still out there) - #1 Priority over all positions if there
  • Golden Tate (again, if available) - not sure when Engram, Barkley, & Shepard are back, but he should be getting a lot of targets
  • Jameson Crowder - Darnold is back; Crowder is back to being a viable flex option (more value in PPR)
  • Dante Pettis - the Niners look GOOD; and Pettis could (should) be the best WR on the team
  • DK Metcalf (if available) Dissley injury opens up things more for him. Lower value in PPR, but HUGE Red Zone threat
  • N'Keal Harry - Back at practice. Was the Pats 1st round pick. their other WR's are banged up. Could be a VERY sneaky waiver claim you can get for cheap this week who pays big dividends down the road

TE's:

• Hunter Henry - if he's still out there, you need to get him (will pose a question for him at the end of this post)
  • Chris Herndon - more of a wait and see add as we don't know when he'll be back, but has top 10 TE potential

DST:

Nice post. Very clear. I'm not seeing any real early love for Metcalf yet? Are we waiting for Dissly to be officially ruled out? Seems like a logical big body red zone target on a team with a great QB. Perhaps TD and long play dependent?

N'Keal Harry reportedly targeting return to game action week 9.  With the Pats injuries, he could be a nice stash down the stretch.  

The more I've been thinking about it; I decided to put my claim in for Henry. I didn't want to make it too team specific as I felt that this question "could" be something others were considering too. FWIW, I have Kelce in this league and it's a short bench (5 spots). While it'll definitely be a bit tougher to navigate add/drop spots, I think his upside is just too great to let someone have for free.

Nice post. Very clear. I'm not seeing any real early love for Metcalf yet? Are we waiting for Dissly to be officially ruled out? Seems like a logical big body red zone target on a team with a great QB. Perhaps TD and long play dependent?
Great question; and I'm not sure why there isn't more love/ talk about Metcalf ticking up. Possibly b/c he's owned in many leagues? Regardless, while it might not be official yet, I don't see how Dissly comes back this season...at least not during the fantasy season. Which means there's really only 1 big-bodied target there now. 

The more I've been thinking about it; I decided to put my claim in for Henry. I didn't want to make it too team specific as I felt that this question "could" be something others were considering too. FWIW, I have Kelce in this league and it's a short bench (5 spots). While it'll definitely be a bit tougher to navigate add/drop spots, I think his upside is just too great to let someone have for free.

Great question; and I'm not sure why there isn't more love/ talk about Metcalf ticking up. Possibly b/c he's owned in many leagues? Regardless, while it might not be official yet, I don't see how Dissly comes back this season...at least not during the fantasy season. Which means there's really only 1 big-bodied target there now. 
Carrol said that “barring a miracle” Dissly’s out for the season.   

I don’t think this really helps Metcalf.  With Dissly in, defenses needed to game plan for a pass catching tight end.  Willson isn’t picking up those targets, so defenses can focus on Lockett and Metcalf.  If anything, I’d upgrade Jaron Brown.

-fish- said:
N'Keal Harry reportedly targeting return to game action week 9.  With the Pats injuries, he could be a nice stash down the stretch.  
With what we know about Belichick and Brady, it seems highly unlikely a rookie that hasn't even been on the practice field makes an impact.

-fish- said:
Carrol said that “barring a miracle” Dissly’s out for the season.   

I don’t think this really helps Metcalf.  With Dissly in, defenses needed to game plan for a pass catching tight end.  Willson isn’t picking up those targets, so defenses can focus on Lockett and Metcalf.  If anything, I’d upgrade Jaron Brown.
I disagree -- slightly. I don't think all of the sudden you see Metcalf get ALL of the looks Dissly normally got. And Dissly got a lot as he was a trusted blanket for Russ.

Metcalf's ability is speed along the seam and downfield as opposed to working across the field as a possession guy.

That said, he is a really big-bodied receiver so I think he does benefit from picking up some of Dissley's work out of the slot or on mismatch plays where they can leverage Metcalf's size much as they did Dissley's.

Lazard in deeper leagues just in case. A terrific talent and Rodgers loves him. Probably won't be anything (unfortunately), but if you have a free bench spot....

Going to put a claim on probably Pettis as a dart throw, maybe the Duke if I can find where he is on the WR depth chart. Might try and nab both for cheap in FAAB, don't think he's on anyone's radar in my league.

Last edited by a moderator:
4th&inches said:

QB's:

RB's:

WR's:

TE's:

DST:

are you in a 8 man league.all these players are taken in all my leagues

TZMarkie said:
Now if I could only get a couple of my under performing teams to start producing.

TZM

rockaction said:
You have no idea how badly the team in my main league is performing. It's scary bad. 
Ditto.  Yahoo friends league.  They project points for each team.  Dating back to last season, I bet I have (significantly) underperformed probably 15 out of 20 games. The list goes on, but wrs start with OBJ and Keenan.  RBs, TE. QB = similar story.  Like my team though not its depth after the draft. Now?  Already looking to next year.  :(

Duke Williams should play the outside with Brown and Beasley is the slot guy still.
I keep hearing reports Bills want Foster to start so it would give the Bills dual speed threats since D'haquille (his real name) Williams kinds projects more as a taller possession guy. Slot is a possibility for him too but where would that put Beasley?

In the event Josh Allen is on waivers, he has a really nice 5 week stretch.

Dolphins twice

Redskins

Eagles

Browns

Tyrell Williams should be back soon if he was dropped.  Debating between him and Robby Anderson personally.

I keep hearing reports Bills want Foster to start so it would give the Bills dual speed threats since D'haquille (his real name) Williams kinds projects more as a taller possession guy. Slot is a possibility for him too but where would that put Beasley?
I wouldn't be shocked by this. Foster has been forgotten about here in Buffalo for whatever reason. All of this uncertainty is making me steer clear.

I mean if you play FAAB it's not like Duke is expensive, he could be free or cost a few bucks. Grab him and hold if you must but Bills have a cupcake schedule coming up. If it turns out Allen is a remotely competent QB, Duke might rise up to WR3 value.

Need to drop Wentz in order to pick up Allen. Tempting based on next 5 weeks for Allen
Ugh. I’ve been riding Wentz to middling success. I just can’t drop him.

He has not played well in the first quarter once. That feels like an offense that if they can figure it out he can explode. But I’m still skeptical that it will happen. 

Cowboys game seems like a nice spot to drop a big game right after I drop him.

Ive done the same thing wirh Brady and Matt Ryan in recent years. Dropped them only to see them blow up the next week and rest of season, so I have a hard time pulling my chips off the table with the quarterback position.

Ugh. I’ve been riding Wentz to middling success. I just can’t drop him.

He has not played well in the first quarter once. That feels like an offense that if they can figure it out he can explode. But I’m still skeptical that it will happen. 

Cowboys game seems like a nice spot to drop a big game right after I drop him.

Ive done the same thing wirh Brady and Matt Ryan in recent years. Dropped them only to see them blow up the next week and rest of season, so I have a hard time pulling my chips off the table with the quarterback position.
After Dallas Wentz has Buffalo, Chicago, bye, NE than Seattle. Not a good stretch for any QB little alone QB in the middle of the pack. I am talking myself into this waiver pick-up the more I look at it.

After Dallas Wentz has Buffalo, Chicago, bye, NE than Seattle. Not a good stretch for any QB little alone QB in the middle of the pack. I am talking myself into this waiver pick-up the more I look at it.
I may try to get brees off the free agency pool and use him as an option either pre Wentz bye or during and after.

Cousins also out there with two strong starts in a row, and as a Vikings fan it would be fun to watch, but that’s the exact type of move that I start and watch him faulted.

Need to drop Wentz in order to pick up Allen. Tempting based on next 5 weeks for Allen
And the next 4 weeks are pretty brutal for Wentz. That being said, starting week 12 the schedule is phenominal for him. 

Allen has scored a total of 70 fantasy points the last two times he has played Miami and he gets them two more times. 

Wentz seems to find a way to get his numbers even in tough match ups. DJax is coming back soon which will make this a very explosive offense. 

Any chance if you drop Wentz you can pick him back up a week or two before the easy part of his schedule?

And the next 4 weeks are pretty brutal for Wentz. That being said, starting week 12 the schedule is phenominal for him. 

Allen has scored a total of 70 fantasy points the last two times he has played Miami and he gets them two more times. 

Wentz seems to find a way to get his numbers even in tough match ups. DJax is coming back soon which will make this a very explosive offense. 

Any chance if you drop Wentz you can pick him back up a week or two before the easy part of his schedule?
Always a chance. The other thought would be to drop Fitzgerald. Unfortunately nobody trades in this league. Fitz most likely will never start for me but is better than most teams #3 WR (my # 5 WR I am weak at RB) I am not trying to make this who do I drop thread. 

are you in a 8 man league.all these players are taken in all my leagues
My intent was to paint with a broad brush stroke; not everyone is in 16-team dynasty leagues. 

And while referencing only Yahoo leagues, below are the ownership % for some of the players on the list:

• Ben Watson is owned in 1% 
  • N'Keal Harry owned in 7% 
  • Benny Snell owned in 2%
  • Dante Pettis owned in 16%
  • Jamaal Williams in all of 19%
  • Chris Herndon in 27%
  • Henderson in 27%
By no means am i looking for an argument, but I find it hard to believe that NONE of these guys are available in at least 1 of your leagues. 

However,  since I don't know your formats, I really can't say for sure. Was just trying to help

Especially Hunter Henry. Can't fathom him being available anywhere.
FWIW, Henry is still available in 1 of my leagues (short-bench), but I didn't expect to be available in the bulk of leagues, hence why I followed up with "if he's still out there"....because you never know. 

Good luck to everyone tonight on whoever they're trying to claim!

Picked up Dante Pettis ($2) and D'haquille Williams ($1) in FAAB, could've had them for free since no one bid on them in my 14-teamer. Interestingly enough the Travis Kelce owner dropped Chris Herndon in my league so I'm going to see what kind of bid to make on him.

For those in desperate need at rb, Miami running back Mark Walton. Catches enough passes for a team usually behind in the game.

Hunter Henry is available in one of my leagues (redraft) and due to his return to action (and big day) everyone in the league will be bidding on him.

Is Henry that big of an upgrade over Waller (currently rostered) ROS? If so, what % of FAAB makes sense...~20%?

If my bid wins, I could use Henry or Waller as trade bait if nothing else.

Hunter Henry is available in one of my leagues (redraft) and due to his return to action (and big day) everyone in the league will be bidding on him.

Is Henry that big of an upgrade over Waller (currently rostered) ROS? If so, what % of FAAB makes sense...~20%?

If my bid wins, I could use Henry or Waller as trade bait if nothing else.
the only league of mine that Henry was available in still runs the archaic Waiver system. I used my #3 priority and somehow still got him. I currently have Kelce in that league too, but the potential of Henry was too good for me to let someone else get him. 

If I were in a FAAB waiver system, I could definitely see spending ~20% on him. Barring someone dropping a talent prematurely, I don't foresee very many more guys becoming available who'd warrant a larger bid tbh. 

Good luck

Kenny Stills was a full participant at practice today.  Fuller's had one great game, otherwise stone hands, and Hopkins isn't exactly tearing it up. 

Also, I know Lazard has his own thread now, but with GB signing WR Ryan Grant, the receiving corp injuries must not be improving.

Lazard or Duke Williams?

Thoughts on Darrel Williams is you own Damien?
I do expect KC to try to run more after two straight losses. That will last maybe one half before Andy Reid reverts to being Andy Reid and calls 60 passes in the second half tomorrow.

I think KC misses Eric Fisher more than any of us suspected. KC would be smart to reach out to Washington about Trent Williams. This team is built to win now and they should be all in on that prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread