What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Well it's over

-The regular season is almost over in many redrafts, nobody on that waiver wire is going to save any of our seasons.
Trying to decide between rogue back ups on poor teams, enjoy the NFL team you root for if they are still in the playoff hunt and just push the keyboard away for a week or two.

Sincerely,
Debbie Downs
Yeah, I'm only fortunate to have started 7-3, but I'm fading fast (only team to lose a 1st rounder in Kupp) and playing 2 teams that are just now getting hot -- I need a WR BAD!! and its a total crapshoot-
Same exact scenario almost in multiple leagues
Managed to improve to 8-3 Sunday but lost Kupp and my TEs(pick a few) the last week and I made some trades for CMC that cost me a hefty WR so I am down 2 WRs with Kupp. Christian Kirk has elevated from Flex Option to Starting WR2 now behind AJ Brown who has graduated from my WR3 to now my WR1 and now I'm streaming Watson/Campbell and Slayton as my WR3 now, oof.

The flip side is I now feel stacked at RB with CMC, Wilson(I never cut him), Pollard(new flex) and Rhamondre Stevenson...I'll need them all over the coming weeks and Playoff run.
Hoping to secure 1 of the 2 top Seeds, win your Division in most of my redrafts and you cruise into the Conf Finals/Semi-Final/Final 4, however you want to look at it.
Then you just gotta get lucky

So...I'm hearing a lot of talk that Perine should be the priority pick up.
More so than Murray?
With Gordon gone and Edmunds out for awhile, wouldn't Murray be a more useful pick up than Perine (who may only be a one week fill-in, against a tough Titans D)?
Sure, but Latavius Murray is far less likely to be available out there. I'd also echo the Skyy Moore call - he is available in redraft in many leagues.

Well it's over

-The regular season is almost over in many redrafts, nobody on that waiver wire is going to save any of our seasons.
Trying to decide between rogue back ups on poor teams, enjoy the NFL team you root for if they are still in the playoff hunt and just push the keyboard away for a week or two.

Sincerely,
Debbie Downs
Yeah, I'm only fortunate to have started 7-3, but I'm fading fast (only team to lose a 1st rounder in Kupp) and playing 2 teams that are just now getting hot -- I need a WR BAD!! and its a total crapshoot-
Same exact scenario almost in multiple leagues
Managed to improve to 8-3 Sunday but lost Kupp and my TEs(pick a few) the last week and I made some trades for CMC that cost me a hefty WR so I am down 2 WRs with Kupp. Christian Kirk has elevated from Flex Option to Starting WR2 now behind AJ Brown who has graduated from my WR3 to now my WR1 and now I'm streaming Watson/Campbell and Slayton as my WR3 now, oof.

The flip side is I now feel stacked at RB with CMC, Wilson(I never cut him), Pollard(new flex) and Rhamondre Stevenson...I'll need them all over the coming weeks and Playoff run.
Hoping to secure 1 of the 2 top Seeds, win your Division in most of my redrafts and you cruise into the Conf Finals/Semi-Final/Final 4, however you want to look at it.
Then you just gotta get lucky
yeah, my problem is I don't have depth at WR where we start 2 -- for RBs where we start 1, I have a plethora of RB2/1's in Pollard, Stevenson, Foreman, Cordarrelle, and now R. White -- More telling of my demise is how my 1st three draft picks are doing : Kupp, Swift then Allen --REALLY need Allen to right the fantasy ship -

Sky Moore seems to be primed for an uptick in usage. He and Burks are a couple guys I’m looking to pick up, if available.
Rookie WRs are typically a bad recipe for FF teams, I try to avoid them as much as possible except for the flashy one from Green Bay last 2 weeks.
I already don't like having him as part of my 3-prong attack at WR plus even flex options scare me with Watson and he has Aaron Rodgers.
I liked Moore initially when he was drafted but I don't see him clicking with the offense or anyone that Mahomes is "looking for" when he drops back.
Just my opinion
Not true. Thanks.

probably standing pat this week

8-3, no real holes as long as my receivers stop getting hurt on their first touch, nothing on the WW anyway

(Demarcus Robinson, Justin Jackson, QB/TE streamers, couple Ks and some good matchup Ds - I have NE)

So...I'm hearing a lot of talk that Perine should be the priority pick up.
More so than Murray?
With Gordon gone and Edmunds out for awhile, wouldn't Murray be a more useful pick up than Perine (who may only be a one week fill-in, against a tough Titans D)?

I would pick up Murray ahead of Perine. Advice depends on who is available, of course.
As always: It depends. If I am the mixon owner and solidly in the playoffs I 100% take Perine.....If I am on the wrong side of the the playoff discussion I 100% take Murray. If I am anywhere with solid runningbacks and not likely to ever play Murray I probably 80% take mixon. Anybody else? probably 80% take Murray. As always the details matter. If I am not rb needy but still want rbs I shootfor high upside rbs with a clear cut backup to a good rb....like Brieda....or Josh Kelley is a sneaky pickup and is about to start practicing and was the clear backup behind Ekler whenb he got injured. Im betting he gets that job back because spiller hasnt impressed me.

Sky Moore seems to be primed for an uptick in usage. He and Burks are a couple guys I’m looking to pick up, if available.
Rookie WRs are typically a bad recipe for FF teams, I try to avoid them as much as possible except for the flashy one from Green Bay last 2 weeks.
I already don't like having him as part of my 3-prong attack at WR plus even flex options scare me with Watson and he has Aaron Rodgers.
I liked Moore initially when he was drafted but I don't see him clicking with the offense or anyone that Mahomes is "looking for" when he drops back.
Just my opinion
Not true. Thanks.
I would have to see how the injuries in KC are supposed to shake out in KC before thinking about picking Moore back up. I was high on Moore pre season but as the season went on and he really hadnt done much while the MVS and JuJu hadnt either. Once JUJU started clicking and hardman was doing well....then the trade for toney..... the trade for toney pretty much put a wrap on my Sky thoughts....Again if JuJu toney and hardman are all out for extended times then yes Moore may have value.

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
Slayton is available in 3/29 of my dynasty leagues (I have 6 shares) and 0/37 redraft leagues (I have 15/37)
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

It's also week 12 and there are 0 byes so hopefully, we shouldn't need too much off the wire this week. Ha. Yeah right of course we do. I like the Perine call. He is available in 1 of those 37 redrafts but quite a few dynasty leagues.

I picked up Keaontay Ingram this past week and although he didn't do much behind Conner, it was surprising (to me) that they released Eno Benjamin when Darrel Williams is still on IR. So I like Ingram as a stash where he is still available. Although he didn't do much, Trestan Ebner got some decent run behind Montgomery.

Waivers are awfully thin.

Kendall Hinton? Marlon Mack?
You’re in 66 leagues? How do you manage that effectively?
This...somebody has a problem. LOL

Thinking about going after Rachaad White, but have a hodge-podge of RBs at RB2.

Stevenson, Ezekiel Elliott, Elijah Mitchell, Jamaal Williams, Foreman, Gus Edwards and I am really not sure who to drop. I think Rachaad White is going get a ton of work and currently have a waiver request in to add him for Gus Edwards (as I have JK Dobbins as a IR stash).

Full disclosure: This year tells me, I don't know what the hell I am doing. 2 losses and just trying to solidify the team before entering the playoffs. RB's have been plug and play all year for me.

I think Rachaad White is going get a ton of work
As much as I’d like to believe otherwise, Lenny is not going to go away as long as he’s healthy. I think it will be a 50/50 timeshare at best for White.
Thanks for squashing my dreams of finally finding a bell cow 😂
You are probably right and I don't know if I am any better with White than I am with Edwards. I am just more hopeful with the Bucs backfield than the RB platoon in Baltimore.

what about demarcus robinson?
some of the analysis rn undervalues him thinking once Gus and Dobbins are back Ravens may try to get away from the pass

I am skeptical that they will be able to, Dobbins isn’t going to be right until next yr

we are a different team without LT Ronnie Stanley tho, maybe that helped Robinson when he came out maybe not i don’t remember but that’s basically our ROS in the balance right now and it will effect everything if he is out

DPJ, Slayton, Burks, Deshaun Watson are on my pending moves list. I seriously don’t need any of them at all in a full ppr short bench. But I’m cutting Kenyan and looking for upside to help get this chip. Burks the move to prioritize? Or DPJ when Watson comes back. Or even Watson lol.

DPJ, Slayton, Burks, Deshaun Watson are on my pending moves list. I seriously don’t need any of them at all in a full ppr short bench. But I’m cutting Kenyan and looking for upside to help get this chip. Burks the move to prioritize? Or DPJ when Watson comes back. Or even Watson lol.
Burke or DPJ is the question

Burke or DPJ is the question
Burks is on my wire, and I can't find it in myself to drop DPJ for him.

8-3, no real holes as long as my receivers stop getting hurt on their first touch, nothing on the WW anyway

(Demarcus Robinson, Justin Jackson, QB/TE streamers, couple Ks and some good matchup Ds - I have NE)
Justin Jackson is a great pickup this week. If/when Swift goes down yet again, you can plug him in for some solid production

Kyren Williams has a more focused backfield now that they let Hendo walk and I'm not worried about Cam Akers plus they might be more incentivized to see what they have in Kyren to make evals for next draft.
James Cook showed a pulse and with Allen elbow being banged up, the trend may continue to be a bit more run heavy.

Justin Jackson is a great pickup this week. If/when Swift goes down yet again, you can plug him in for some solid production
Not sure this is true about Jackson, but we know it is about Williams, who has solid production with or without Swift.

Not sure this is true about Jackson, but we know it is about Williams, who has solid production with or without Swift.

Justin was in TC and was a final cut. Passed through waivers, 32 teams said no thanks. Detroit brought him back.

Jackson has been active all 10 games, first 8 weeks he had a total of 32 snaps. In 4 games of those first 7 games he was strictly a STer. He's a 3 phase guy; there are 3 backup LBs who are 4 phase STers and they're the only players with more ST snaps. That's his role, and it's not changing. Limits his upside unless they change IMO.

Last 3 games his offensive snaps have been 12-16-24; Swift has been 9-18-20. His routes run have been 6-10-9; Swift has run 7-9-11. The first 4 games Swift ran 25-21-23-21 routes.

IDK if Justin Jackson has FF value going forward. Week 11 was his first significant utilization. I do know D'Andrew Swift has virtually no FF relevance based off the usage in the last 3 weeks. Since Jackson is outplaying Swift, not likely to change.

Last 3 games his offensive snaps have been 12-16-24; Swift has been 9-18-20. His routes run have been 6-10-9; Swift has run 7-9-11. The first 4 games Swift ran 25-21-23-21 routes.

IDK if Justin Jackson has FF value going forward. Week 11 was his first significant utilization. I do know D'Andrew Swift has virtually no FF relevance based off the usage in the last 3 weeks. Since Jackson is outplaying Swift, not likely to change
What's the prevailing wisdom in Detroit for Swift's precipitous decline?

Presumably he's healthy, at least he hasn't had a designation the last two games (IIRC). He's healthy enough to be in the field at least.

Is it simply a matter of not messing with status quo during a winning streak? Is the coaching staff just over him because of the freelancing and/or his softness?

It's a difficult one to understand entirely as he does seem to be one of their more talented players in offense.

Well it's over

Sincerely,
Debbie Downs
I stopped looking at my league standings entirely at the beginning of last year. I carried that philosophy through this season so far.

I only check rosters for potential trades and my watch list.

AFAIK my team is in the playoff hunt and I enjoy operating with that mindset and, it prevents me getting upset over something that no one should let ruin their day.

~Sincerely,
Sammy Smiles... Peter Peppy? Charlie Cheer? Otto Optimist?

You get the point.

IDK if Justin Jackson has FF value going forward. Week 11 was his first significant utilization. I do know D'Andrew Swift has virtually no FF relevance based off the usage in the last 3 weeks. Since Jackson is outplaying Swift, not likely to change

Presumably he's healthy, at least he hasn't had a designation the last two games (IIRC). He's healthy enough to be in the field at least.

Is it simply a matter of not messing with status quo during a winning streak? Is the coaching staff just over him because of the freelancing and/or his softness?

It's a difficult one to understand entirely as he does seem to be one of their more talented players in offense.

I think you have a good read of the situation. I can answer yes to all of the statements.

None of us know for sure. But when you win three in a row, it’s hard to doubt the coaching staff decisions. They know more than we do.

I think you have a good read of the situation. I can answer yes to all of the statements.

None of us know for sure. But when you win three in a row, it’s hard to doubt the coaching staff decisions. They know more than we do.
Thanks, I only ask because you are more in tune with the coaching staff. Most of us don't listen to the weekly pressers.

The problem is, absent anything definitive from the staff it's tough to view this situation as permanent. It would be easier if the frustrating S.O.B. wasn't consistently salvaging bad weeks with TDs. Heck he has a score in 5 of 7 games played. The Lions run a very RB friendly offense.

Biggest decisions I have this week and next is how to manage the roster. I have two WRs I need to move off the IR.

18 x 12 + 2 IR

Hollywood Brown - probably this week
Jameson Williams - probably next week

Usually this time of year I have 1 set it n forget it player at QB-TE-DT. This year I have 7. On the active roster I have 5 WRs and 5 RBs, not cutting any of them.

QBs:

Murray has missed the last 2, as soon as he comes back my QB3 is gone so that’s 1 WR

D Watson covers the week 13 bye, in consideration as the starter 14-17

Dalton (oops) Mariota (meh) and this week either the ATL QB @ WAS or Tannehill v CIN

TEs: Dulcich ying Engram yang - one is likely Top 8 other Top 15 good schedule pairing

DTs:

NE is a stud ying DST (started last 5 weeks except the bye) but ****ty WK 13 opp BUF

The yang defense has been BAL (2 g), DEN (2 g) SF (3 g early) - dropped 2 and traded 49ers

MIA is current yang backup + great matchup this week but strictly a rental; and if I have to use Mariota, then they get cut for Brown going active

Presuming Murray can’t go (& we won’t know either way) I guess I have to start Pats

Can hold off on cutting Dolphins until Saturday so nobody else gets to pick them up for this week

don’t mind me just thinking out loud

I'm debating dropping Kadarius Toney for Marquise Brown.

Any strong opinions?

do it now
Done

Any strong opinions?
One guys hurt and the other is due back. One guy has never done anything in the league. One guy has been a WR1.

Whats the debate?
Done

Any strong opinions?
I'd drop Toney, for Eddie or Jeff George just so you won't be tempted to start him.
Our league started off as mandatory start 2 QB (we're super-flex now) and I drafted at the 12-13 turn in 1996 (our first season). My first pick was Jeff George coming off a 4,000 yard 24 TD season (4th & 8th respectively in 1995).

He melted down in week 3 and was benched for the season for Bobby Hebert. I'll carry that with me to my grave.

Toney>Jeff George

1997, our second season I was also drafting in the 12 spot but said #### QBs and drafted Emmitt Smith & Curtis Martin who had 15 & 17 TDs respectively in 1996. They combined for 9 total TDs in 1997.

I hate this game.

Nobody knows. It's weird. There is a lack of trust in Swift.

Our league started off as mandatory start 2 QB (we're super-flex now) and I drafted at the 12-13 turn in 1996 (our first season). My first pick was Jeff George coming off a 4,000 yard 24 TD season (4th & 8th respectively in 1995).

He melted down in week 3 and was benched for the season for Bobby Hebert. I'll carry that with me to my grave.
I did the same dang thing, capping it off by leaving the draft telling everyone "Good Luck............on Second Place"

I did the same dang thing, capping it off by leaving the draft telling everyone "Good Luck............on Second Place"
It's truly haunting.

Any strong opinions?

do it now
Done

Any strong opinions?
One guys hurt and the other is due back. One guy has never done anything in the league. One guy has been a WR1.

Whats the debate?
Done

Any strong opinions?
I'd drop Toney, for Eddie or Jeff George just so you won't be tempted to start him.

Toney>Jeff George

1997, our second season I was also drafting in the 12 spot but said #### QBs and drafted Emmitt Smith & Curtis Martin who had 15 & 17 TDs respectively in 1996. They combined for 9 total TDs in 1997.

I hate this game.
Great story..... Our league has been around 25ish years. I dont remember exactly what year...BUT I know how to find out quite quickly..... Just look up the year Jerry Rice, who after double digit years wiith zero serious injuries, went out in either the first or 2nd game of the year ...out for the year...yep my first ever draft pick. I also remember drafting 24 rounds (since cut down to a manageable number) and also position specific. We HAD to draft 4 qbs....which I found rediculous...... so with my last pick, I chose Elvis Pressley yes the dead king...... and named my team the graceland ghosts..... Every since (even after the position specific rule went away and our draft was limited to 17 rounds, with my last pick, I always draft a dead person, and name my team after him or her. This year Meatloaf got the honor team bat out of hell is in 1st place (so far at least)

Any strong opinions?

do it now
Done

Any strong opinions?

Whats the debate?
Done

Any strong opinions?

Toney>Jeff George

I hate this game.
Great story..... Our league has been around 25ish years. I dont remember exactly what year...BUT I know how to find out quite quickly..... Just look up the year Jerry Rice, who after double digit years wiith zero serious injuries, went out in either the first or 2nd game of the year ...out for the year...yep my first ever draft pick. I also remember drafting 24 rounds (since cut down to a manageable number) and also position specific. We HAD to draft 4 qbs....which I found rediculous...... so with my last pick, I chose Elvis Pressley yes the dead king...... and named my team the graceland ghosts..... Every since (even after the position specific rule went away and our draft was limited to 17 rounds, with my last pick, I always draft a dead person, and name my team after him or her. This year Meatloaf got the honor team bat out of hell is in 1st place (so far at least)
That sounds like a fun league and really the whole point of this maddening hobby

Any strong opinions?

do it now
Done

Any strong opinions?

Whats the debate?
Done

Any strong opinions?

Toney>Jeff George

I hate this game.
Do you carry the dead person on your team the whole year or is he your first drop? Seems like he would be a roster clogger and dead weight.

I used my last spot at RB on my bench to acquire Sarmaje Perine
My opponent has Joe Mixon and I had Drake as my RB5, just don't feel like I can trust him or use him behind CMC, Pollard, RS and Wilson, just seems a better idea to stop my opponent from being able to grab the back up on Sunday Morning.

I stole this idea off another poster in one of the game threads that was bragging about grabbing McCoy to stop his opponent on MNF...kind of a rotten thing to do HOWEVER my opponent and I are jockeying for Playoff positioning at this point, no justification but I think many would do similar.

If you are not going to play a Kicker, Defense, TE one of the softer positions to fill in today's games, I would release them now so you have more roster flexibility going into the weekend.

I used my last spot at RB on my bench to acquire Sarmaje Perine
My opponent has Joe Mixon and I had Drake as my RB5, just don't feel like I can trust him or use him behind CMC, Pollard, RS and Wilson, just seems a better idea to stop my opponent from being able to grab the back up on Sunday Morning.

I stole this idea off another poster in one of the game threads that was bragging about grabbing McCoy to stop his opponent on MNF...kind of a rotten thing to do HOWEVER my opponent and I are jockeying for Playoff positioning at this point, no justification but I think many would do similar.

If you are not going to play a Kicker, Defense, TE one of the softer positions to fill in today's games, I would release them now so you have more roster flexibility going into the weekend.
Not at all.

Picked up Bryce Perkins in my SF league.

Seems like a reasonable chance Stafford is shut down for the year. Rams are a dumpster fire, especially without Kupp, but Perkins offers fantasy potential with his legs and showed some accuracy from his time at UVA.

Any strong opinions?

do it now
Done

Any strong opinions?

Whats the debate?
Done

Any strong opinions?

Toney>Jeff George

I hate this game.
Do you carry the dead person on your team the whole year or is he your first drop? Seems like he would be a roster clogger and dead weight.
No...he gets dropped pre season. I dont mind coming up 1 player short at the draft but Im not tottally nuts.... I DID however ask Rtsports how you go about adding someone to the database that isnt there. When they asked who they missed they were quite amused at me wanting to add a dead person lol

Users who are viewing this thread