What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 6* (1 Viewer)

Picked up Lazard after waivers.

No one stood out to spend $$ on. Gonna see how the next couple days play out with MVS & Allison. May even start if one of the 2 are out.

Lazard or Duke Williams?
Obviously both are lotto tickets.  I have held MVS since early last year (along with several of the other Green Bay young guns thinking that by this year I'd likely have their #2 wr). I thought I had that with MVS.  Although he had one really nice game so far this year, he has now had a couple of opportunities to shine and has been highly disappointing. I am no longer sure I've got the #2. I am no longer certain there *is* a #2.  I am also begining to wonder if Rodgers is still able to support 2 wrs. Something just doesn't seem quite right. But, they've kept Lazard around when it seemed (to me at least) that they already had plenty of wrs in front of him that they "liked".  And now he got some game time. Didn't see the game, am not a film guy. So I cannot claim I have anything to go on other than my what goes on inside my own little head. But he is a bigger guy and more importantly he produced.  With the production (ahem, lack thereof), I don't see why he could not emerge if given the chance. I took a couple of flyers where I could. On teams where I own MVS and/or Allison, I considered dropping one of them for Lazard, but in the end dropped someone else instead.

In regards to Duke Williams, although we don't have anything more than one game to go on, I am grabbing him everywhere I can in all but short bench leagues. I'd do it their too if my wr corp was crap.  Given the route it took him to get here, that he produced in it, his size and physical attributes, and that they finished kicking Zay Jones to the curb, I think he HAS been given his opportunity to become their WR1 or WR2. He either gets it done or he doesn't.  Meanwhile he has a gunslinger qb which fits his skillset. I would put not odds on it, but I like his chances, a lot.

Of the two Duke is my preferred choice.  While his qb is lesser than Lazard's, he has a clearer path to a larger part of the passing game and his lesser qb suites his skillset. But that qb syncs well with his skillset, so that bothers me less.  I like Duke better this week (Miami) and long term (though clearly this could change if Lazard is able to emerge over all other non-Davante wrs in GB).

Carrol said that “barring a miracle” Dissly’s out for the season.   

I don’t think this really helps Metcalf.  With Dissly in, defenses needed to game plan for a pass catching tight end.  Willson isn’t picking up those targets, so defenses can focus on Lockett and Metcalf.  If anything, I’d upgrade Jaron Brown.
I tend to agree with this - perhaps with Luke Willson also getting an uptick. 

Counterpoint (and my hope), is that Wilson will STILL give an uptick to Metcalf in the red zone as someone he has become comfortable with over the course of the season.

I'm picking up Zay Jones on a couple of teams with 18 man rosters.  He could be featured right away.  The Raiders didn't trade a 5th round pick in order to sit him.  His only real competition for targets is Waller.
I think this is a good pick up for a few weeks if you've got a spot at the end of the bench to see what happens over the next few weeks.  Clearly Buffalo preferred Duke.  But Zay is not without talent.  I almost made a move for Zay, but went with Lazard instead (and Duke before the both).

Drew Lock? Flacco is looking down right horrid! I believe Lock can return week 9. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread