What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade 49ers DST for C. Edmonds? (1 Viewer)

theEinherjar

Footballguy
I got offered Chase Edmonds or Malcolm Brown for the 49ers DST.  I'm a Gurley owner, but I'm still leaning Edmonds over Brown (I have Henderson and I'm not really excited by that backfield at the moment).  I'd have to drop someone, probably Bonnafon (who I picked up speculatively when there was news about McCaffery's back acting up) to make room for a defense.

Should I take Edmonds and sit on him in case something happens to David Johnson or stick with the 49ers DST, who has looked pretty elite as of late?

I like the 49ers but it's hard to pass up a skill position player for a defense.

My team is as follows, if it helps (for context):

QB:     L. Jackson

RB:     C. Carson, T. Gurley, A. Ekeler, J. Samuels (IR), D. Henderson, R. Bonnafon

WR:    J. Edelman, M. Gallup, A. Jeffery, M. Brown, M. Valdes-Scantling, S. Watkins

TE:     T. Kelce

DST:   49ers

Thanks in Advance!

Not sure how your defensive scoring works, but I would probably go with Chase here. You already have Gurley and Henderson, no need to own all 3 in my opinion. And Edmonds has standalone value in deeper leagues with Johnson in there, so he'd be a game changer if something were to keep Johnson out. I like top defenses and all, but only 2 of their performances stick out points wise (in our league at least). I'd "chase" the skill player myself. 

Check out mine if you have a minute - thanks! https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781167-trade-winston-for-rodgers-or-dak-help-in-return/

Users who are viewing this thread